30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hooray Day 7 Level 2 done - I am half way done.
  • Kerri1952
    Kerri1952 Posts: 7
    Options
    L1D2 I changed my official start date to yesterday :) I am really enjoying it so far and so glad that it is short so that I can fit it in before work. I need to take measurements as I feel inches would be a better indicator for me than pounds on the scale. Keep it up everyone!
  • _jen
    _jen Posts: 11
    Options
    I did my first day of 30DS yesterday, and I am sore today! My legs and tummy are fine but my arms and back, ouch... I'm planning on doing my second session later on today though - I'm determined (and impatient!) to see results ASAP. Good luck to everyone else taking part in a June shred!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I completed L1D5 last night and L1D6 this morning. I still hate the cardio...so much JUMPING. I only took one short break and I can feel that I am getting stronger. I'm ready to do some real pushups eventually haha! Keep it up!
  • thadnewport
    thadnewport Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GF and I completed L1D1 yesteday. I love that sore feeling. We are doing both yoga and L1D2 tonight.
  • nettles1880
    nettles1880 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I started 30ds yesterday and I love it. I am 227 lbs and I can get through the whole routine in level 1. Yes, I sweat alot but it feels so good.(I am hurting in my arms and back though.) I do stop for just a few seconds during some of the excersies but I keep going. I want to get to my ideal weight and look good for me, myself and I. Good luck to all in this challenge.
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in level 2 of 30DS now. I found that at first I couldn't keep up with level 1 - I did take a day's break after every 3 days. After the first day of course I could barely move. Now I am on level 2, third day in a row. Sore, but not complaining, feeling the burn. I'll keep an eye on this thread to cheer you on and find some extra motivation from hating JM and loving the results I hope to see! :)

Good luck everyone, and welcome to the JM cult!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm just did day 4 today of level one. I'm going to start level 2 on Saturday. I'm feeling in, but it's been great so far.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I completed L1D1 today. I did it last summer and looking to reshape and kickstart my workout schedule again. I managed to get through it all, but did have to take a couple of short breaks. It is amazing what a couple months off can do to your stamina!

I plan to gradually add in Turbofire as well. :smile:
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just posted in another thread, but I've done day 3 of level 1 today. It is tough but considering that never do much exercise normally I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I've been off work though so I know it's going to be harder when I've been at work all day! Determined to stick to this though, I need to!!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just posted in another thread, but I've done day 3 of level 1 today. It is tough but considering that never do much exercise normally I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I've been off work though so I know it's going to be harder when I've been at work all day! Determined to stick to this though, I need to!!

I don't know how your morning schedules are, but maybe try getting the work out in before going to work? That's what I do, because after work I rarely feel like that intense of a workout. I usually go for a walk/jog at the end of the day. I just find it's easier for me to make sure I shred if I keep it to the mornings. :)

Good luck!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

I don't know how your morning schedules are, but maybe try getting the work out in before going to work? That's what I do, because after work I rarely feel like that intense of a workout. I usually go for a walk/jog at the end of the day. I just find it's easier for me to make sure I shred if I keep it to the mornings. :)

Good luck!

Yeah I did think about doing it before work but I'm really not a morning person and changed my hours at work because getting up too early just ruins me and means I fall asleep as soon as I sit down at night. I'm going to try doing it as soon as I get in from work which is about 6.15pm then have dinner after. I never stick to anything but I really want to do it this time!!
  • AlishaLush
    AlishaLush Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 5 today. Whew! The bicylce abs kills me at the end! lol
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 6 done! Still so intense but I got through it without a break! Yay!
  • ettezus
    ettezus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Finally got down to opening the DVD. L1D1 today -- a little sweat; most of my pain was during the first five minutes -- it's been a while since I did that much bouncing around. I've had knee problems before, and I'm going to be jogging at least 3 times a week during the 30DS and into the summer, so I'm going to have to be careful here. Overall? I actually quite liked it. Now to make my diet match a little better.
  • threedaysfromyou
    Options
    L1D6 complete! Getting better at modified pushups, maybe one day I'll be able to do the real thing.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started in may but had to take a break due to my knees hurting too much. I started again yesterday and sailed through it with no problem. FYI it's much better if you put your iPod on, I did and didn't end up wanting to punch Jillian lol. Took pics last night and I can't believe the oblique lines starting to show! That's motivation enough for me :-)
  • Kelene616
    Options
    Oh! For everyone thinking they are supposed to do it 30everyday days with no rest: Jillian Michaels said in an interview not to do it everyday but instead to divide it up as follows: 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, one day cardio, one day rest, then repeat. Just letting you know cuz I'd hate if you got injured! Good luck and have fun!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh! For everyone thinking they are supposed to do it 30everyday days with no rest: Jillian Michaels said in an interview not to do it everyday but instead to divide it up as follows: 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, one day cardio, one day rest, then repeat. Just letting you know cuz I'd hate if you got injured! Good luck and have fun!

Thx so much for that info. I just finished level 1 tonight and my right knee had been twinging a couple days ago and tonight my left one was hurting so I think I might give this schedule a try in level 2.

You hear so many different versions of what your supposed to do that after awhile you don't know who to believe. I wish she had said that in the DVD.
  • Kelene616
    Options
    Gettingfit65- no problem :-)
    My knees began hurting so I took a couple days off and they are fine now. I also just do butt kicks straight through instead of jumping jacks as they hurt my knees.
    I hope your knees feel better soon!