30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    How do I log the 30 day shred???

I think a lot of people log it as circuit training, but MFP tends to overestimate. I use a HRM now and feel it is more consistent..

Thanks for your help!
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 6 today! Getting closer to Level 2...
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So had a rest day yesterday making today day 9 of level 1. Although I wouldn't call it a breeze I can now get through this ok and will be ready to move on to level 2 on Friday. For the first time ever I can feel my push ups in my stomach ( I think this means my technique has been wrong for years- cheers Jillian for sorting that out!).

LOL I loved when I read you could feel your pushups in your stomach because I finally could too and I was like .... hey that must be doing something ha ha.....did level 2 day 1 tonight. Hope I can pick up the intensity as I go...."proceeding with Caution" lol

I did the exact same thing last night! My husband told me I was poking my butt to far up in the air...and when I realized that I really noticed it in my abs! :)
  • krbates84
    Options
    Completed Level 1 Day 7 last night...I almost didn't do it, but I made myself. I felt so much better after completing it. :) I'm noticing a huge difference in my endurance from day 1 to now and it's only been a week. I'm also already noticing my pants fit a bit better!
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone. I've been entering my Shred on here as 20 minutes of Circuit training but I wore my HRM today and it said I burned 240 calories in that time. Which do I go by?
  • miaroche
    miaroche Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Just found this topic - I have just started 30 Day Shred today! So its perfect timing - i hope its okay to join now.
    I have done 30 ds before but only did for a short period of time - only got up to level 2.
    However that was last year and i remember it wasn't as hard as i felt it today doing level 1 - must have been alot fitter last year lol! My arms are a bit sore from it!

Here's to level 1 day 2 tomorrow!!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 7 done! I put my own music on today and it was so much better!! I also stopped doing it in the morning. I can't get the motivation to get out of the bed early enough to work out then shower then go to work. So evening it is. I'm liking that much more!

I also just completed day 7. Are you seeing any kind of results? Just curious because I feel like maybe I have some water retention?
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone. I've been entering my Shred on here as 20 minutes of Circuit training but I wore my HRM today and it said I burned 240 calories in that time. Which do I go by?

From what I understand you should use your HRM, the MFP numbers are only estimates and how much you burn depends on your weight, fitness level, etc.
  • amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 7 of level 1 today! I'm scared as hell to get into level 2 as i've heard its the hardest of the 3.
    i dont know if it's a good or bad thing that i'm not sore anymore after my workout. the first 3-4 days was absolute killer, i could barely move and i had shin splints. now after only 40 minutes of resting after the 30DS, i feel fine.

another weird thing, is that i'm doing pretty well at completing all the moves successfully, but as soon as i get into the first set of the punching, i get really nauseous and have to stop for a drink of water. i've never been able to finish that first set of punching either.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 7 of level 1 today! I'm scared as hell to get into level 2 as i've heard its the hardest of the 3.

Me too, just finished day 7 this morning and found myself thinking about level 2 (fearfully). I guess since we are thinking anything but "someone kill me now" while doing it we will be ready to do level 2 - good luck and keep in touch.
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

From what I understand you should use your HRM, the MFP numbers are only estimates and how much you burn depends on your weight, fitness level, etc.

I just don't want to input too many calories if I haven't burned them... I'll see if i burn the same calories tonight and see what results going. Thanks so much for the reply!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done and dusted! I'm officially 1/6th of the way through now!!

Probably going to have a rest day tomorrow as we are having dinner out with family, going for Chinese so will neede to avoid most of the nice food!! I think doing 5 days then a rest day is a good pattern for me to stick to.
  • rldnellor
    rldnellor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hey sounds good. Just saw this post. I bought 30ds last month and did it every other day for 5 workouts all at level 1 ...then life got in the way...still exercised but didn't do the 30ds. i'd like to try this out...
  • mschrein
    mschrein Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krbates84
    Options

Me too, just finished day 7 this morning and found myself thinking about level 2 (fearfully). I guess since we are thinking anything but "someone kill me now" while doing it we will be ready to do level 2 - good luck and keep in touch.

I finished day 7 of level 1 last night and I am so scared to hit level 2!!! I haven't peeked yet...I'm worried.
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    i need to start doing this again, got an injury through running after day 3 last time x
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Hi,
    My HRM logs the time as well as calories burned. So when I go to log I enter the time from my HRM, then I backspace the MFP calories burned out and enter my HRM calories. MFP is always quite a bit higher....
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    UGH, TOM today so now I will have to work out in the morning before work since I have grad to go to tomorrow night...now that's a challenge for me ha ha
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 7 done! I put my own music on today and it was so much better!! I also stopped doing it in the morning. I can't get the motivation to get out of the bed early enough to work out then shower then go to work. So evening it is. I'm liking that much more!

I also just completed day 7. Are you seeing any kind of results? Just curious because I feel like maybe I have some water retention?

I'm not seeing too many physical results, I feel fitter and my endurance is much much better than day 1. My husband said I looked like I had lost weight, but in the mirror I feel like I look the same lol

Today was level 1 day 8 and I got through it no problem, lots of sweating but not out of breath at the end like usual! Yay!!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    First day of level 2 done! Didn't burn nearly as many calories as with the first level but damn all the planks and the v curls had my arms burning!