30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    What does everyone plan to move on to once the shred is complete? Will you just repeat 30DS or do you have something else you want to try?

I'm using this as a step between Walk Away the Lbs (which I was doing still am) and P90X. My brother lent me his but I'm scared of it;) I said no way can I go from Walk Away to P90 so I figure if I can do 30 Day Shred, then I can give P90 a try;)

I'm still scared of P90 so I don't know yet;)!

Today, I did Level 1 Day 4--doing better but man am I pouring sweat when I'm done!
  • nettles1880
    nettles1880 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did L1D4 today and Im getting through the whole thing till the end with the last set of crunches. I carry most of my weight in my lower belly so its a little hard. I am loving the rest though. I have notice that the push ups are getting a little bit easier every day.

Does anyone else have a hard time with their lower back hurting in the place where you lay for the reverse crunch? I have my mat folded over 3 times to pad under it but it doesnt help. Any thoughts how to help that?
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I got through 6 days, and then had my finals screw up my schedule. Now, if I bust through every day, I still won't get done by my anniversary on the 4th of July. I'm thinking that I'll just start again June 18th, and it will let me finish on July 28th, doing 5 days a week. I'm still sick and recovering, so I'll just do cardio until the 18th
  • musicalityphan
    Options
    Today was day 8 of level one for me, and I really am feeling a difference! I've lost almost an inch from my waist, but my weight hasn't really changed. My husband and I took the dvd on our vacation last weekend, and I decided to do the shred in my swimsuit so we could jump in the pool after-- bad plan! If you've got a big chest, do NOT try this level without a quality sports bra! lol

That being said, I can't believe how much easier this has gotten, although I still sweat like CRAZY. I'm looking into getting a HRM so I can get more accurate numbers. Fingers crossed!

Keep it up, everyone! Almost time for level 2!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Today was my cardio day and tomorrow is a "rest" day so I will do L2D2 on Sunday.

Tho I'm not sure how much of a rest day tomorrow will actually be because I have noticed that even on read days I usually walk or swim. Exercising has become such a habit that when I do nothing, I feel weird lol. This is a good thing right?
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    Hello again!

So i just did L1D3... I thought i'd do it in the morning today as by the time it gets to 9pm i'm more reluctant to do it and have much more energy! Didn't get nearly so puffed out today but my legs are definitely still feeling it! I think stamina is definitely something i am improving on. Just wondered is the dvd the only exercise you do? I'm trying to find something to introduce to do with it that won't involve too much impact on my hip and knee joints- and without a gym membership- any ideas?
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a hard time with their lower back hurting in the place where you lay for the reverse crunch? I have my mat folded over 3 times to pad under it but it doesnt help. Any thoughts how to help that?

Yes! I find that crunch really hard because it's so uncomfortable on my lower back. I just assumed I'm not doing it quite right! Day 6 of level one today, I had a rest day yesterday.
  • Kerri1952
    Kerri1952 Posts: 7
    Options
    I completed L1D5 yesterday. I always find the cardio in the 1st round hard when I get started and then the arm raises as you lunge to the side to be the things that are most impactful. I am definitely feeling more trim and dropped 2lbs already. I am a little afraid of Level 2, but I am sure I will be ready for a change in the next 5 days. I am thinking of 6 week 6 pack after this. I have done it a couple of times and it is challenging as well.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well down 4.4 pounds in 2 weeks so Jillian is shredding me I guess. Level 2 Day 2 today after 2 days off..........
  • smyle5
    smyle5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party... just finished L1D1 this morning and barely got through 60% of the workout... hopefully tomorrow goes better!
  • ladykat2330
    Options
    day 2 level 2 and it wasn't too bad, but I am exhausted!
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party... just finished L1D1 this morning and barely got through 60% of the workout... hopefully tomorrow goes better!
    It will! I was so sore last Sat after my Level 1 D 1. I am doing it every other day because I have some injury issues and want to not overdo--anyway, yesterday, I did day 4 and was way stronger and just about kept up! Don't quit--you don't want all that initial being sore to be for nothing right? :)
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Day1 level 2 wasn't bad. I completed it this morning. The cardio got me, but I was able to complete it all with only 1 brief stop for only a couple of seconds. Different moves so you're working different muscle groups, gotta love that.
    You can do it! :smile:
  • PFJules
    PFJules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 level 3 today! Not as big a jump as I expected but still had sweat dripping off my chin by circuit 2, ouch!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What does everyone plan to move on to once the shred is complete? Will you just repeat 30DS or do you have something else you want to try?

I'm using this as a step between Walk Away the Lbs (which I was doing still am) and P90X. My brother lent me his but I'm scared of it;) I said no way can I go from Walk Away to P90 so I figure if I can do 30 Day Shred, then I can give P90 a try;)

I'm still scared of P90 so I don't know yet;)!

Today, I did Level 1 Day 4--doing better but man am I pouring sweat when I'm done!

P90, or P90X?

I did 30DS, made it through L1 and a few days into L2 (after doing WATP 3-mile with weights, which I loved), but I found that it was simply too hard on my knees - my knees actually *ached* for the whole day after every workout, and that was *with* icing them. (I think I'm either getting arthritis, or maybe have some loose cartilage though - my knees crackle like rice krispies.)

I just started P90, and I *love* it. It has a few lunges/squats, but very few, and they're not at all fast, so I can really watch my form. My knees don't hurt after this, just a twinge here and there, but not the all-day hindering ache.

I am not too familiar with P90X, but I hear that it's kind of crazy. P90, I've found, is not at all crazy - it's as tough as you make it, but very, very do-able.

I might eventually give Jillian another try, but only once my knees have strengthened quite a bit. I don't want the pain.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 9 just now =) And my shins are killing me =\ I need more supportive shoes for sure... stupid low arches Dx

Anyway I am still trying to run through this whole workout in the month of June ^^ Hopefully dropping inches.. I'm scared to measure until the end! But I also worry that my diet isn't as clean as it should be to get the full results O.o
  • callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i just started 30DS yesterday and am adding an cardio (tradmill or other dvd's of hers) during the next 30 days.

Kellylovesric - I will also be doing Ripped in 30 after 30D Shred.
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i just started 30DS yesterday and am adding an cardio (tradmill or other dvd's of hers) during the next 30 days.

Kellylovesric - I will also be doing Ripped in 30 after 30D Shred.

I posted on your thread!

Finished level 1 today! 1/3 of the way through the DVD woohoo! Tomorrow is level 2 eek!
  • jaimison711
    jaimison711 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    with all this hype about the dvd i just bought it off amazon. cant wait to get it now!
  • jaimison711
    jaimison711 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    other than a mat, is there other workout equipment needed for this video?????