30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 2. Today didn't feel as IMPOSSIBLE as Day 1, despite being sore. The side lunges are the hardest part for me! Today, I decided to drop the weights in order to engage correctly into the position. Thinking about trying out the 6 week six-pack after my protein shake!
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    charleyboots - I'm in the same boat as you! My son is turning 4 in August, and I still haven't *quite* taken off the baby weight. I'm using this as my big push to see if I can finally get that accomplished. Good luck!

I'm wondering if anyone's had success at improving the "mommy belly" using 30 Day Shred? I hope it's possible!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 today =) I move on to Level 2 tomorrow.. hope my weak upper body can take it!!! O.o

I also hope that I am actually losing inches.. I lost a pound this week which is encouraging still.. but I hope my stomach is shrinking too! xD
  • nettles1880
    nettles1880 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im glad to hear that Im not the only one who has the lower back issue during the reverse crunches. Ive taken 2 days off since my work schedule is so hectic and work is very physical. I work on a farm. Cant wait to get back to it tomorrow since it is my weigh in day.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Done Level 2 Day 3 today and it actually didn't feel as difficult...I was able to complete most everything. Still have to be careful with my shoulders so I am just leaving the weights out for the v arm lifts and overhead presses when on one leg. I did that in level 1 as well and by the end I was able to complete the exercises with the weights. Hoping for the same with this. Did half hour of yoga stretching after to help loosen up...good luck everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Got through day 3 of Shred Level 1, but have a question for you morning exercisers.

How do you get up in the morning? How do you make yourself get out of that warm comfy bed.

I am definitely a lover of sleeping in, since my work is only 10 minutes away from my house. But, by the time I get home I'm exhausted and keep pushing back the workout until 7, 8, or 9pm at night.

I'm going to try to get up in the mornings and do the 30 day Shred and do the other cardio (dvd/treadmill) directly when I get home.

I'm thinking of putting a spray bottle by my bed, so when my alarm goes off, I should reach for it and spray myself in the face. That should wake me up, right? LOL!!
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    Day 8 done
  • kat2307
    kat2307 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've finished Level 1 day 5 yesterday and thank's to overindulging on the weekend gained 2 pounds :-( I definitely need to be stricter to myself regarding my diet as I wanna lose 2 pounds a week, so I for ONCE won't look horrible in a bikini in August...

Glad you all are working your way through 30DS!! It's great to have everyone's support :-)
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today will be 30DS day 3 for me and I really can't walk, my thighs are in agony and walking up or down the stairs or sitting down is terrible haha......I'll perservere though, I've taken some pictures and hope to lose a dress size combining it with my diet.

Good Luck everyone and if anyone wants to add me, please do so...I'd love to hear your 30DS agonies too :) x
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I was looking for a thread like this so i could have some motivation to do 30DS everyday not just when i felt like it. Oh well maybe their will be one for July !!
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but I'm in! I haven't done 30DS in ages so I know I'll be hurting.
  • Kerri1952
    Kerri1952 Posts: 7
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 down. I rested this weekend although I only wanted to take 1 day off, but I will learn :) For some reason, I am always better at either exercising or watching what I eat and not both. That is my goal, to get both in sync.
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today will be 30DS day 3 for me and I really can't walk, my thighs are in agony and walking up or down the stairs or sitting down is terrible haha......I'll perservere though, I've taken some pictures and hope to lose a dress size combining it with my diet.

Good Luck everyone and if anyone wants to add me, please do so...I'd love to hear your 30DS agonies too :) x

That was exactly me! I didn't think it was possible to do the 30 ds because I was so sour I couldn't sit and could barely walk. I did it though and my muscles stopped being sore after the workout!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am into day 6 on 30DS and I love it for the most part. I think its an excellent combination workout. I have felt my stamina build up since I started but there are parts of it that still REALLY get to me. The cardio section that she has you flip flopping from the jumping jacks to the jumping rope back and forth? GEEZ thats a killer for me. I can now do the first set of jumping jacks without getting too awfully winded but about halfway into the first set of jumping rope I loose it and have to stop for a breather:( Thats the hardest section for me to get through. Doe sit get any better?? LOL Ive seen my stamina increase some but Id love to be able to get through that whole section without stopping! The second set of cardio she has you do with the butt kicks and punches doesnt bother too bad. The push ups are extremely tuff for me but I usually grunt and growl through them LOL

Don't feel bad! I'm on day 10 of Level 1 and I still hate that first set of cardio...I hate all the jumping/bouncing around. The second set with the punching and butt kicks is not nearly as hard for me. :) Keep pushing through and take your breaks if you need 'em. You do get better the more you do it.
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 Level 1!! I feel really proud of myself lol. I'm sure once I start Level 2 tomorrow I won't be so excited anymore haha :)
  • mminnic
    mminnic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started 4 days ago. Feeling it but in a good way!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 done! I'm still finding it quite tough but pushing myself and only had one rest day so far!!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have finished Level 1 Day 7 today. I actually made it through the first set of pushups in time with the video... The second set wasn't so good. Considering I couldn't even get in 5 in a row in Day 1 I am quite pleased. 3 more days to go! Although if I remember correctly I liked level 2 the least of the 3 :laugh:
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tried Day 1 of Level 1 today and had to stop about 1/3 of the way through (I think I made it through the first cardio session)...a little embarrassing. I've been doing C25K week 1 and haven't had nearly as many problems with it as I did the first time I tried it, so I was feeling like I could take on Jillian - I was wrong!! I'll do my normal c25K workout tomorrow and then try Jillian again on Wednesday. I'm glad to hear that people are having success - I just started up exercising again and dieting again and it helps me to persevere!
  • charleyboots
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 done, feeling quite proud of myself, still struggle with pushups though....

Tomorrow is going to be hard for me diet wise as it's takeaway night. It's a regular Tuesday night thing as we have friends who come round. Just had a look at the calorie intake for what i'd normally have from KFC and i'm actually disgusted 1120!

Not quite sure what i'm going to do, think i'll be passing on the takeaway and cooking my own.

Keep it up everyone :)

C xx