30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    other than a mat, is there other workout equipment needed for this video?????

Just hand weights. You can still do it without them if you want, though.

I just finished Level 1 Day 8....whew! In the very beginning I felt like I was going to die (as usual) but by the end I realized it wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

My foot's hurting now that I'm done with today's shred, though. I don't wanna rest again tomorrow, since I just had a rest day a couple days ago, but I might have to :(
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am now halfway through Level 1. I just did Day 5 this afternoon.:bigsmile: I am happy with how fast my body has adjusted to it this time around. I am pretty sure the last time I had a lot more pain and trouble with stamina than I am now. Most of my stiffness is gone now except for a bit in my thighs while doing the squats and lunges. I think I will try and start incorporating Turbofire starting next week as well. I did the 2 together last summer and it worked pretty good. 30DS in the morning and TF after work.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    What does everyone plan to move on to once the shred is complete? Will you just repeat 30DS or do you have something else you want to try?

I'm using this as a step between Walk Away the Lbs (which I was doing still am) and P90X. My brother lent me his but I'm scared of it;) I said no way can I go from Walk Away to P90 so I figure if I can do 30 Day Shred, then I can give P90 a try;)

I'm still scared of P90 so I don't know yet;)!

Today, I did Level 1 Day 4--doing better but man am I pouring sweat when I'm done!

P90, or P90X?

I did 30DS, made it through L1 and a few days into L2 (after doing WATP 3-mile with weights, which I loved), but I found that it was simply too hard on my knees - my knees actually *ached* for the whole day after every workout, and that was *with* icing them. (I think I'm either getting arthritis, or maybe have some loose cartilage though - my knees crackle like rice krispies.)

I just started P90, and I *love* it. It has a few lunges/squats, but very few, and they're not at all fast, so I can really watch my form. My knees don't hurt after this, just a twinge here and there, but not the all-day hindering ache.

I am not too familiar with P90X, but I hear that it's kind of crazy. P90, I've found, is not at all crazy - it's as tough as you make it, but very, very do-able.

I might eventually give Jillian another try, but only once my knees have strengthened quite a bit. I don't want the pain.

I borrowed P90x--sorry I didn't realize there was a difference;0!. My friend said Shred hurt her knees but Jillian's no more trouble zones doesn't... maybe check that out?
  • MalissaDC
    Options
    I don't have a mat--but you need light weights. I'm a wimp and all I have is 2lb weights so I'm using them. I'll get heavier weights soon:)
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just wanted to jump in here. I did Day 6 of Level 1 today. I'm feeling stronger every day, but am afraid thinking ahead to Level 2. I still can't do a push up to save my life, lol. Anyone do level 1 longer than 10 days? Thanks!
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 9!! My foot was bothering me yesterday, but this morning it felt fine, so I decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't say Level 1 is easy or anything crazy like that, but I'm not as scared of starting Level 2 anymore. (It helps that I went and watched Level 2 just to see what was in it).

Only one more day of Level 1! I'm really excited - I know it's just 10 days of working out, which probably isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but I feel like I"m really accomplishing something :)
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I did level 2 day 2 yesterday and yup it is confirmed...hate level 2. Kills my shoulders and neck and no it isn't the situps. I think it is all the plank positions and the v raises. Might do some yoga before or after, prob before to warm up those muscles. I don't think she incorporates enough warmup or cooldown stretching in my opinion.....can hardly wait for this level to be done. On a brighter note I lost 4.4 lbs in the first 2 weeks of doing the shred!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am into day 6 on 30DS and I love it for the most part. I think its an excellent combination workout. I have felt my stamina build up since I started but there are parts of it that still REALLY get to me. The cardio section that she has you flip flopping from the jumping jacks to the jumping rope back and forth? GEEZ thats a killer for me. I can now do the first set of jumping jacks without getting too awfully winded but about halfway into the first set of jumping rope I loose it and have to stop for a breather:( Thats the hardest section for me to get through. Doe sit get any better?? LOL Ive seen my stamina increase some but Id love to be able to get through that whole section without stopping! The second set of cardio she has you do with the butt kicks and punches doesnt bother too bad. The push ups are extremely tuff for me but I usually grunt and growl through them LOL
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just wanted to jump in here. I did Day 6 of Level 1 today. I'm feeling stronger every day, but am afraid thinking ahead to Level 2. I still can't do a push up to save my life, lol. Anyone do level 1 longer than 10 days? Thanks!

My first go-round, I did level one for 15 days, level 2 for 10 and 3 for 5. :)
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    Day 6 and 7 done. Don't be afraid of level 2 it's really not that bad. Give it a go if you don't like it you can always go back to level 1
  • oliviachandler
    Options
    What is everyone logging in your diary for the 30DS? Circuit??
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

It's encouraging to read everyone's posts.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I am going to start again, I just need to get motivated to do so.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of level 1 done - I'm not looking forward to level 2!!
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    Just completed L1D4.. was debating whether to have a rest day but I have an event on the weekend and want to have as much done as I can! not rushing through it but definitely looking forward to seeing results.

Hubby says I've definitely lost a bit of flab (from weight loss and now toning up using 30DS) so if he notices it's got to be good!!

How're you all finding it?
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello!

I got motivated to start the 30 Day Shred thanks to before and afters in a thread on MyFitnessPal and http://beforeandafterweightlosspics.tumblr.com

I did day 1 of level 1 yesterday following the beginner girl. I had to pause her quite a few times to catch my breath for 10 seconds or so!

I woke up this morning in utter pain, and complained about it to my mom, who is also my primary care physician. Unfortunately, she gave me the clear to get my butt whooped by Jillian again today. She also said to take an Advil (or some kind of NSAID) afterwards and to take a hot bath, which should open up the muscle tissues allowing them to release some of the lactic acid which causes soreness. I'll probably try those today and let you know if it helps with the pain at all.

I may be crazy, but I didn't feel like the 30 DS video gave enough attention to abs, which are my #1 problem area after having a child. I stopped by Target and bought the 6 week six-pack video by Jillian, which I might attempt today!

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences here on MFP! It really helped me get started, and I hope that we can support one another through this challenge!
  • murphmurph07
    murphmurph07 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    am new to these boards.
    I ordered 30ds along with 'ripped in 30' today. I'm am going to do 30 ds first and then move on to the other one. While waiting for them to arrive I'm going to use the level one of 30ds that is on youtube.

I had a baby 6 months ago and am just feeling able for exercise now. Hoping to lose 20 - 25lbs. I have done practically no exercise in the last 15 months so I am expecting to be sweating, sore and red faced tomorrow.

Looking forward to reading this thread for encouragement and motivation.

Good luck everyone!
  • MalissaDC
    Options
    Tax girl--I was VERY sore after day 1 and then sore for about 3 days but it's getting better. Now it's just a "good" sore--does that make sense?

Today I did Level 1 day 5--I'm doing it every other day. I was much better at keeping up and finishing today--a little grunting at the end and still tons of sweat--but that's good:)
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow... Level 2 day 1 finished. That level is insane, my arms are definitely not used to the plank positions! I can not believe I lasted the entire time with no rests! That sweat was dripping! Great workout!
  • charleyboots
    Options
    Hi, well i'm now on Level1 day 4 and got to say my thighs are killing me lol. I'm using 30DS to try and lose the stubborn leftover baby weight i'm carrying and to generally make myself feel better.

I did day 1 and thought hey that wasn't too bad, after then doing day 2 when I tried to get out of bed on morning 3 I was sooooo stiff and sore. I'm hoping that i'm over the worst of it now though.

Good luck to everyone else :)