Guys can never be right can they??

Options

Replies

• EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How it's ok to derail a thread with flirtatious between commenters, but it's not ok for me to express my thoughts on the original post is not something I will ever understand. I guess maybe MFP is the place to say what you think as long as it is acceptable to mainstream sensibilities?

For those who didn't get what I was saying:

The op looked like a story of two people who love eachother, but are different. OP is saying she feels gratitude for her partner, and realizes how she can make their differences easier for him. She would like us all to do this.I think that's rad. I just wish that there was less projecting what "men" are and what "women" are onto all of us, and maybe saying that's the way they are.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    How it's ok to derail a thread with flirtatious between commenters, but it's not ok for me to express my thoughts on the original post is not something I will ever understand. I guess maybe MFP is the place to say what you think as long as it is acceptable to mainstream sensibilities?

The op looked like a story of two people who love eachother, but are different. OP is saying she feels gratitude for her partner, and realizes how she can make their differences easier for him. She would like us all to do this.I think that's rad. I just wish that there was less projecting what "men" are and what "women" are onto all of us, and maybe saying that's the way they are.

Perfectly expressed.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Yet another painfully heteronormative post, with vast generalizations about the ways of men and women.

I'm glad you are feeling gratitude for the loved ones in your life. That's what we all should do, traditional gender roles aside.

This.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    i will give that men have hormons yes but if they pulled half the crap we women do and blame hormons i doubt we would put up with it. yet they consistanly get the heating pack, chocolate and tell us we are beautiful when we are bloated and crying at something stupid like an ad on tv.

@cris i almost fell out of my chair at the floss... why do i feel like it was pink to boot??

It was!!! She had a matching black one she could have picked too...

And worse...there's pictures.

:grumble:

omG you're such a tease....now go to your room and don't come out until you can put that pink thong on and smile :bigsmile:

I woke up completely disoriented after sleeping 14hs...in a barely lit (it was sundown) room...trying to figure out wth was clamped around my junk and up my rear.

She wasn't a big girl to begin with...they were...tight. Good thing they stretch to like 3x their rated size.

That actually made me really laugh....:laugh:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

I got it the first time. Thumbs up to this. :drinker:
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yet another painfully heteronormative post, with vast generalizations about the ways of men and women.

I'm glad you are feeling gratitude for the loved ones in your life. That's what we all should do, traditional gender roles aside.

THIS.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You know...that's it.

People are HAPPY to feel DIFFERENTLY than you people do. Why do you insist on imposing your ridiculous, selfish, and absolutely ignorant BS on us? This is like the 10th post that you've come in and trolled, and by doing so end up closing...with your 'painfully heteronormative' comments. With your rants about sexism (which is only ok if it's AGAINST MEN).

Maybe we LIKE being heteronormative? Maybe we DON'T CARE if you're not?? Why do you have to care if we are??

Jennie, I love almost all your posts to death...but we flat don't see eye to eye on this topic. And you know what? That's ok! I like you for who you are, not because you're like me in every single way. Your differences are just as important to me as your similarities.

To you other three trolls (because Jennie, is NOT), why do you insist that everyone have to be like you? What's your trip? I don't care if you're gay. I don't care if you're not. Why do you insist on forcing your point of view, your BS insecurities...on everyone else? Your behavior tonight, is exactly the behavior that you all *****ed about in the whole 'feminist friends' thread...which was spurred by your actions in another thread that you didn't agree with...the 'anti-feminist opinions' thread.

WE'RE NOT LIKE YOU!! And in a truly just world...one that you 'supposedly' feel you're supporting, it wouldn't matter in the least.

Go troll somewhere else, and leave the people that clearly feel differently than you do, alone. You knew what the thread was going to be about before you even openend it (either man bashing, or not man bashing...one or the other). So why did you bother?

The answer is simple...because no one else is allowed to feel differently than you do. Hypocritical at best...since that's exactly what you pretend to be against.

~Edit - You will be ignored from here on out in this thread...so don't even bother replying to me. I've learned it's the only way to shut your ignorance.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    i will give that men have hormons yes but if they pulled half the crap we women do and blame hormons i doubt we would put up with it. yet they consistanly get the heating pack, chocolate and tell us we are beautiful when we are bloated and crying at something stupid like an ad on tv.

@cris i almost fell out of my chair at the floss... why do i feel like it was pink to boot??

It was!!! She had a matching black one she could have picked too...

And worse...there's pictures.

:grumble:

omG you're such a tease....now go to your room and don't come out until you can put that pink thong on and smile :bigsmile:

I woke up completely disoriented after sleeping 14hs...in a barely lit (it was sundown) room...trying to figure out wth was clamped around my junk and up my rear.

She wasn't a big girl to begin with...they were...tight. Good thing they stretch to like 3x their rated size.

That actually made me really laugh....:laugh:

Yeah...me too...sort of...once I figured out wth was going on.

She made it up to me though...so I wasn't too upset.
  • AlexanderK1994
    Options
    For me, that's not the case. I don't try to insist that you're not allowed to feel differently than I do but I'm trying to get our voice in - to consider same sex couples in this sort of a thread. We're still being looked down upon because generally, we're still not as accepted as we would like. I'm not trying to troll and I'm genuinely sorry if I have given you such an impression. Peace & love :)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    It makes me really sad that my feelings and opinions are nothing more than "trolling."
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    For me, that's not the case. I don't try to insist that you're not allowed to feel differently than I do but I'm trying to get our voice in - to consider same sex couples in this sort of a thread. We're still being looked down upon because generally, we're still not as accepted as we would like. I'm not trying to troll and I'm genuinely sorry if I have given you such an impression. Peace & love :)

^likewise.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

In my opinion, this would be like me stepping into a Vegan/ Vegetarian thread and telling them they need to include me, and my meat-eating ways in their discussion. Would you consider that rude?
  • crisanderson27
    Options

In my opinion, this would be like me stepping into a Vegan/ Vegetarian thread and telling them they need to include me, and my meat-eating ways in their discussion. Would you consider that rude?

Thank you JR.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    Trial- well, this wasn't titled "heteronormative couple" anything. Was it?

Edit: I'm baling this thread too. Not that I think you "won" or that I don't have responses, but because this is dragging on. I personally didn't think I was co-opting a thread. I just speak from my truth. Your inability to allow me to speak my view without attacking me is, in my opinion, what derails a thread. I *want* to defend my position. But it's not the place.
  • AlexanderK1994
    Options
    Oh, okay. If you see it that way then that's fine. I don't think that's the same but I get the idea. I would consider it rude and again, I'm sorry for the bad impression given. That's it for this thread & me. Thanks for reading, guys.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You know...that's it.

People are HAPPY to feel DIFFERENTLY than you people do. Why do you insist on imposing your ridiculous, selfish, and absolutely ignorant BS on us? This is like the 10th post that you've come in and trolled, and by doing so end up closing...with your 'painfully heteronormative' comments. With your rants about sexism (which is only ok if it's AGAINST MEN).

Maybe we LIKE being heteronormative? Maybe we DON'T CARE if you're not?? Why do you have to care if we are??

Jennie, I love almost all your posts to death...but we flat don't see eye to eye on this topic. And you know what? That's ok! I like you for who you are, not because you're like me in every single way. Your differences are just as important to me as your similarities.

To you other three trolls (because Jennie, is NOT), why do you insist that everyone have to be like you? What's your trip? I don't care if you're gay. I don't care if you're not. Why do you insist on forcing your point of view, your BS insecurities...on everyone else? Your behavior tonight, is exactly the behavior that you all *****ed about in the whole 'feminist friends' thread...which was spurred by your actions in another thread that you didn't agree with...the 'anti-feminist opinions' thread.

WE'RE NOT LIKE YOU!! And in a truly just world...one that you 'supposedly' feel you're supporting, it wouldn't matter in the least.

Go troll somewhere else, and leave the people that clearly feel differently than you do, alone. You knew what the thread was going to be about before you even openend it (either man bashing, or not man bashing...one or the other). So why did you bother?

The answer is simple...because no one else is allowed to feel differently than you do. Hypocritical at best...since that's exactly what you pretend to be against.

~Edit - You will be ignored from here on out in this thread...so don't even bother replying to me. I've learned it's the only way to shut your ignorance.

Baww.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ on a cracker. What a nice thread to derail.

What the hell is "heteronormative" anyway? All my gay friends just call us breeders.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Oh, okay. If you see it that way then that's fine. I don't think that's the same but I get the idea. I would consider it rude and again, I'm sorry for the bad impression given. That's it for this thread & me. Thanks for reading, guys.

Thank you for your reasonable, and polite reaction...it's very, VERY much appreciated.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

No, but it did have "guys" in the title, which would imply she was talking about guys, and not female-female relationships. Hetero relationships are still in the majority. And what was meant to be a goodwill post to others in such relationships about appreciating their man, has now turned to *kitten*.

Not everyone is going to be completely PC, but that doesn't mean we drive their good intentions into the ground.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

No, but it did have "guys" in the title, which would imply she was talking about guys, and not female-female relationships. Hetero relationships are still in the majority. And what was meant to be a goodwill post to others in such relationships about appreciating their man, has now turned to *kitten*.

Not everyone is going to be completely PC, but that doesn't mean we drive their good intentions into the ground.

Pleas look up "heteronormative." I am in a relationship with a man.
This discussion has been closed.