Guys can never be right can they??

Options

Replies

• WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    If you're mature enough for a relationship you should be mature enough to understand that menstruation is just a bodily function and tampons are no different than buying band-aids or toilet paper. I talk to my girlfriend (who has never and will never menstruate) in detail about my menstruation and she doesn't bat an eyelash. She has picked me up tampons at the store before. I appreciate it, but I don't give her any gold stars, because it's a matter of being nice. And anyone should be nice to their partner in a relationship, or I have no idea why they would have the relationship to begin with.
    Men/women don't deserve special recognition just for not being jerks.

She also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

If you paid attention, she never has and will never will menstruate, thus it's as "out of her comfort zone" as it is for any man, as it's biologically something she will never have to deal with.
    To buy tampons you don't exactly have to talk about it, either. Just go through a checkout. You aren't going to have a lengthy discussion on clotting and hormonal fluctuations with the checkout guy. They'll ring you up and probably barely look at what you're buying.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but she has a vagina right, cause thats a hell of a lot closer the men have it. If it's so out of her comfort zone then give her a back massage or something, since it's such a big deal she wont ever have her period. Seriously, there are so many misandrists on here, it's insane.

A vagina makes it so much easier to buy a box of cotton.
    But no, she doesn't have one.
    MISANDRY OMGZ

So she doesn't have girly parts but is a she? Not being sarcastic, just confused. I'm pretty certain to actually be a girl you need a vagina. Unless she is actually a transgender, in which case you've been a little misleading here. Le sigh...I am so confused

She's a transgender woman. How is that misleading? A transgender woman is still a woman, and thus I refer to her as such.

Just for future reference, "a transgender" is a very bad way of putting it, as it pigeonholes them into a category other than 'woman'. It's similar to calling someone 'a gay' or 'a black' instead of a gay man, a black man, etc.

Psychologically, yes, biologically, no. In which case your post is very misleading, indeed. And it's not the big of a deal as you make it to be gay, bi, trans, straight, whatt have you, It seems to be the people who are are that make it into something it's not. and before you go saying anything negative about what i just said I actually do like girls as well as guys and no, mine isn't because everyone is doing it. I've known i've liked girls since i was about 7 years old.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

She's a transgender woman. How is that misleading? A transgender woman is still a woman, and thus I refer to her as such.

Just for future reference, "a transgender" is a very bad way of putting it, as it pigeonholes them into a category other than 'woman'. It's similar to calling someone 'a gay' or 'a black' instead of a gay man, a black man, etc.

I think when discussing menstrual cycles it is relevant to point out that she is transgender. Earlier when you said that she'll never have a menstrual cycle, the first thing that popped into my head was that she had female reproductive organs but for some medical reason would not have a period.

I agree that it's a bad way to put it USUALLY, but when talking about reproduction, I think you should bring it up to avoid confusion.

I think I don't owe you any information about my girlfriend's genitalia.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

NO, you dont. But YOU were talking about reproduction and got miffed when someone thought she had female reproductive organs. I'm just pointing out why someone might have been confused. God, you are insufferable. I think I need to ignore you now.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If you're mature enough for a relationship you should be mature enough to understand that menstruation is just a bodily function and tampons are no different than buying band-aids or toilet paper. I talk to my girlfriend (who has never and will never menstruate) in detail about my menstruation and she doesn't bat an eyelash. She has picked me up tampons at the store before. I appreciate it, but I don't give her any gold stars, because it's a matter of being nice. And anyone should be nice to their partner in a relationship, or I have no idea why they would have the relationship to begin with.

She also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

If you paid attention, she never has and will never will menstruate, thus it's as "out of her comfort zone" as it is for any man, as it's biologically something she will never have to deal with.
    To buy tampons you don't exactly have to talk about it, either. Just go through a checkout. You aren't going to have a lengthy discussion on clotting and hormonal fluctuations with the checkout guy. They'll ring you up and probably barely look at what you're buying.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but she has a vagina right, cause thats a hell of a lot closer the men have it. If it's so out of her comfort zone then give her a back massage or something, since it's such a big deal she wont ever have her period. Seriously, there are so many misandrists on here, it's insane.

MISANDRY OMGZ

So she doesn't have girly parts but is a she? Not being sarcastic, just confused. I'm pretty certain to actually be a girl you need a vagina. Unless she is actually a transgender, in which case you've been a little misleading here. Le sigh...I am so confused

Psychologically, yes, biologically, no. In which case your post is very misleading, indeed. And it's not the big of a deal as you make it to be gay, bi, trans, straight, whatt have you, It seems to be the people who are are that make it into something it's not. and before you go saying anything negative about what i just said I actually do like girls as well as guys and no, mine isn't because everyone is doing it. I've known i've liked girls since i was about 7 years old.

She's biologically female except for a set of male lower genitals. Misleading because you accidentally pictured her with a vag? Ohnoes, vagina makes the big difference in everything.
    I don't care who you're sexually attracted to as it has no relevance to his conversation.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

She's also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck, when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

Don't argue with them dear...just let her rant. She has about 1/3 the life experience you do, and is 3yrs older. It will just end up stressing you, and it's not worth it.
    for a long time men were taught that doing things like buying tampons was not acceptable and despit how far we personally come as a society we are lacking.. so for a man who will never experance something like a period to break these long standing unwritten rules should be given some credit...
    besides i have faced the wall of pads and know how daunting it can be and i have been at this a while now i can only imagine how overwheling it must be for someone who hasnt.

As you know I'm single lol...but I still buy them for my 14yr old daughter...who is still at that stage where any mention of it is mortifying, and having to stand there and pick them out herself would be absolutely terrifying.

The conversation on the phone (she won't even go with me...and since I buy the biggest package I can, I always forget what kind by the time I have to buy them again) while I'm standing there trying to figure out which ones I got last time is comical, I'm sure.

THIS!!! You are the perfect example of how dads should be! you and my dad are the only ones i know who are willing to do it. Everyone else's fathers are too embarrassed. My dad made a good point, he said its not like anyone thinks its for him :p

I think this is why it makes no sense being embarrassed. A man with heteronormative social beliefs might reasonably feel embarrassed buying his gf/wife's make-up, as it might be for him to use. There may be imaginative ways of a vagina-less individual using tampons that I'm not aware of, but no one in the shop will be thinking of them :laugh:

It's not embarrassment so much as discomfort. Kinda different things. I've always done this for my significant others...it makes me proud in some silly way. We men are simple like that. A couple pats on the head like the OP gave, and we're ready to go for another year.
  • snipermedic
    snipermedic Posts: 53
    Options
    WTF!
  • Umeboshi
    Options

I think when discussing menstrual cycles it is relevant to point out that she is transgender. Earlier when you said that she'll never have a menstrual cycle, the first thing that popped into my head was that she had female reproductive organs but for some medical reason would not have a period.

I agree that it's a bad way to put it USUALLY, but when talking about reproduction, I think you should bring it up to avoid confusion.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

NO, you dont. But YOU were talking about reproduction and got miffed when someone thought she had female reproductive organs. I'm just pointing out why someone might have been confused. God, you are insufferable. I think I need to ignore you now.

I was talking about whether or not a person is a hero for buying a box of cotton and strings that happens to be inserted into a vagina.
    I didn't get miffed, just explained her actual organs.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

You can't even look at this troll people, she's too self absorbed and ignorant. Any comment, she will turn to feed her own argument. I've seen her do it over, and over, and over. It's nauseating.

The thing that amazes me is she even thinks we give a damn about her boyfriend.

Girlfriend.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're on the wrong board. MFP only caters to man-hating threads. Try askmen.com or something

You know...I can go on and say "I told you so" but that would be redundant at this point...

Me too, but it was nice to live the dream for six posts.

Mistake number 1 was to dream.

Mistake number 2 was trying to reason with...actually I haven't decided what we're up against here lol.

Very dissapointed in the ladies on MFP. This is just sad
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    will someone remind me next time to leave the tampons on the shelf the next time i want to say something nice???
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

You can't even look at this troll people, she's too self absorbed and ignorant. Any comment, she will turn to feed her own argument. I've seen her do it over, and over, and over. It's nauseating.

The thing that amazes me is she even thinks we give a damn about her boyfriend.

Girlfriend.

Well hopefully you don't argue with your girlfriend like you do right now because poor girlfriend of yours :grumble: You get annoying and frustrating.
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    Biologically means she would have female chromosomes and/or reproductive organs. Since you said she is transgendered and not a hermaphrodite then i doubt, biologically shes a women. and yeah, im a bout 99.9999% sure if i didn't put that in there i'd been called a homophobe or some BS that ya'll like to throw my way
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ... thought she had female reproductive organs...someone might have been confused

I'm confused about this... http://japandailypress.com/japanese-man-cooks-and-serves-his-own-genitals-282708

I wonder if now that he's cooked them up and served them; does that still make him a man? If not, maybe he'll go by my tampons for me. Oh, wait. Was that herteronormative?
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options

MISANDRY OMGZ

She's biologically female except for a set of male lower genitals. Misleading because you accidentally pictured her with a vag? Ohnoes, vagina makes the big difference in everything.
    I don't care who you're sexually attracted to as it has no relevance to his conversation.

im pretty sure if my wife had my same plumbing as i would make a big difference.
    every woman i picture in my head has a vag...

this convo really had nothing to do with u, but u insist on beating a dead horse and carrying ur personal cross.

thanks OP, my wife feels the same as u....but she has the degree out of the 2 of us and when we place paper, rock, scissors....i forget to duck the rock every time.

peace out guys/gals/trans-people.....this was entertaining for a couple of pages now looks like a personal crusade that ruined a good thought.
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    I love quoting my daddy, so heres another one. A women is only as beautiful as what comes out of her mouth.
  • Jo_permiegirl
    Jo_permiegirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yeah, my hubby reminded me last night that he is right many times but he just has to let me work it out for myself and about 3 months later I have an aha moment and realise that I should have listened to him in the first place.

why do I do this? cause I'm a woman and I know it all!!:embarassed: (NOT)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Chris,

I don't think you even understand where I am coming from. It really does make me sad. I feel more and more like I am not allowed to say what I think, or what my experiences are, because you have labelled me a troll and a man hater when I am neither. I say what I say because I genuinely believe them and feel them. I'm not trolling, but participating in the discussion. While I did not appreciate the comments made by Op generalizing men and women and relationships between the two, as it does not reflect my reality as a woman in a relationship with a man, and because those generalizations have hurt me when applied to me, I did appreciate the OPs post and said as much in the second half of my first post. You reporting me for that was what lured me onto the defensive.

My perpective on the roles men and women play in relationships belongs in this thread as much as yours.

Umeboshi- I feel that you are hurting your cause by continuing this debate. I'm 100% down with trannies and tranny rights and getting more awareness out there, but this forum isn't the place to go on like this. I would recommend in your first post saying what you gotta say and letting it be. I will try to take my own advice.

This is just lame. Chris, you could have just as easily said "epi, it might be different for some, but for me this post makes sense." you think I am a man hater, but your actions make you come off as a misogynist and a homophobe. I get that you called her MTF her "boyfriend" just to piss her off, but saying things like that will hurt other people as well.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

She's also a girl. Where i'm living and a lot of parts of the world, for a man to do that is normally out of their comfort zones band not something that biologically the have to deal with. especially older generations like my father who's almost 70 where growing up it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Heck, when my sisters (both in their mid 30's) were growing up it still wasn't talked about as openly as it is now.

Don't argue with them dear...just let her rant. She has about 1/3 the life experience you do, and is 3yrs older. It will just end up stressing you, and it's not worth it.
    for a long time men were taught that doing things like buying tampons was not acceptable and despit how far we personally come as a society we are lacking.. so for a man who will never experance something like a period to break these long standing unwritten rules should be given some credit...
    besides i have faced the wall of pads and know how daunting it can be and i have been at this a while now i can only imagine how overwheling it must be for someone who hasnt.

As you know I'm single lol...but I still buy them for my 14yr old daughter...who is still at that stage where any mention of it is mortifying, and having to stand there and pick them out herself would be absolutely terrifying.

The conversation on the phone (she won't even go with me...and since I buy the biggest package I can, I always forget what kind by the time I have to buy them again) while I'm standing there trying to figure out which ones I got last time is comical, I'm sure.

THIS!!! You are the perfect example of how dads should be! you and my dad are the only ones i know who are willing to do it. Everyone else's fathers are too embarrassed. My dad made a good point, he said its not like anyone thinks its for him :p

I think this is why it makes no sense being embarrassed. A man with heteronormative social beliefs might reasonably feel embarrassed buying his gf/wife's make-up, as it might be for him to use. There may be imaginative ways of a vagina-less individual using tampons that I'm not aware of, but no one in the shop will be thinking of them :laugh:

It's not embarrassment so much as discomfort. Kinda different things. I've always done this for my significant others...it makes me proud in some silly way. We men are simple like that. A couple pats on the head like the OP gave, and we're ready to go for another year.

I don't think my man thinks like that. I think I'd better ask though, though there is NOTHING simple about my DH, EVER! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Come to think of it though, that's probably one reason we're together.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    433-annasophia-robb---giant-troll.jpg
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    Biologically means she would have female chromosomes and/or reproductive organs. Since you said she is transgendered and not a hermaphrodite then i doubt, biologically shes a women. and yeah, im a bout 99.9999% sure if i didn't put that in there i'd been called a homophobe or some BS that ya'll like to throw my way

There is no such thing as "biologically male" or "biologically female". Biology is not nearly as black and white as you make it out to be. Any biologist will agree. Having a penis does not make a person a man.
    Biological sex is a combination of genotype and phenotype.
    Phenotype is way more important in social interactions than genotype. Most people never find out what their genotype is.
    With today's technology, phenotype can be changed.
    Primary sexual characteristics? Can be changed.
    Secondary sexual characteristics? Can be changed.
    Endocrine levels? Can be changed.

Also, true hermaphrodites do not exist. I believe the word you're looking for is intersex.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I dont think she should go to a thread praising men in a heterosexual relationship if she indeed is NOT in a heterosexual relationship with a man.

I would agree with you here (and I do agree with the rest of what you said), but we'd lose.

She IS in a hetero relationship. I don't care if he calls himself Suzie and dresses like her grandmother (it's well within his rights, and more power to him if it makes him happy)...guy parts, make a guy. She felt the need to point that out, she can deal with the consequences.

I think you meant homosexual relationship.

I'm all for people being with whoever they want and if someone is a transgender woman then I will call them a woman. Frankly, Ive seen transgender women way more feminine and attractive than me. That isn't the issue.

My issue was that she made it out to be that her girlfriend was biologically a woman when talking about issues only biological women have.
This discussion has been closed.