MFP ruined my taste in women!

Options
123457»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    i don't feel bothered at all by the women that drink beer or alcohol, I just see it as they are adults, they made their choice, and I made mine. Who knows they might be a great person to be around with good character and everything, but you can't discount them because they drink certain beer...

I totally do this. Drinking gross beer (or worse-- a cosmo or some equally gross girly drink) is just not sexy. Am I going to turn a guy down based on that alone? Probably not. But when I see a Coors/Bud/etc in his hand, my heart is going to sink a little. Can't help it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i don't feel bothered at all by the women that drink beer or alcohol, I just see it as they are adults, they made their choice, and I made mine. Who knows they might be a great person to be around with good character and everything, but you can't discount them because they drink certain beer...

I totally do this. Drinking gross beer (or worse-- a cosmo or some equally gross girly drink) is just not sexy. Am I going to turn a guy down based on that alone? Probably not. But when I see a Coors/Bud/etc in his hand, my heart is going to sink a little. Can't help it.

I always find people who don't drink often with just order whatever they think is popular. So girls get a girly drink, like a cosmo, and guys will get whatever beer they see on tv commercials a lot. So it doesn't matter to me what someones drinking because of this.

No beer for myself though. I'm more of a gin and tonic or scotch on the rocks kind of person.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've only had one of the Yetis so far and it was an Oak Aged. I don't remember if it was any special kind of Oak Aged. I'll have to check out Courage.

With this kind of beer I actually have to budget for beer in my calories so I don't drink it all that often. When one beer has 300 or more calories (and that's just the 12 ouncers - and why just have a 12er when a 22 ouncer is sitting right next to it on the shelf?) I try to make it a special occassion - like ..... I don't know.... Fridays?

Yup - my beer drinking has drastically declined (between bouts of something amazing getting kegged, and then I have to drink it!), because I would just rather wait for the weekend and really enjoy one or two AMAZING beers as opposed to chugging a lite somethingorother.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    As much as I defend Coors Light..... I may have made fun of my husband for drinking it the first night I met him. Actually it was for not finishing his pitcher at closing time and attempting to send it back half full....
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    After tracking, and trying to slip my phone out and entering stuff. If I was on a date, I think I'd find it a relief. I was out with my family, and my wife caught me pretending to put dressing on my salad, then entering in my phone, fished the salad, then dumped the dressing in the empty bowl. It was a pretty awkward moment.

If I wasn't a tracker, I think I'd find it weird to be doing it at the table.

@ susie Its all for the cans!

@ Rae, I don't think anyone can give you attitude about what you drink.

So your married... At a bar, checking out "cans" and scoping out women who log their calories? You are one cool dude.

FFS really?? I'm married, I check out people, especially cans. There is a difference in checking them out and jumping them in the backseat in the parking lot.

Sheesh, gotta love the self righteous.

I'm married and I tend to take it beyond checking them out... I FLIRT (this girl loves her free drinks!)

9821387.png
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Bill escaped my basement. If you see him please detain him until I can get there to collect him. He isn't safe to be running around on his own, look what kind of *kitten* he stirs up when left to his own devices...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    As much as I defend Coors Light..... I may have made fun of my husband for drinking it the first night I met him. Actually it was for not finishing his pitcher at closing time and attempting to send it back half full....

I really love that we both made fun of our husbands the first night we met them for their beer habits...
  • andriagood
    andriagood Posts: 1
    Options
    But think about it, you have something she doesn't! I know for me I had to train and condition my mind to appreciate who I am. It is difficult to do but uniqueness is something that big CANS will not replace. The fact of it is, no matter how perfect we think we look, that is just what guys do. The Coors Light is quite the travesty! Stay true to you! Your honesty in this heartfelt scenario is admirable!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone that I can just log everything I eat all day long. I usually just come to the computer a few times a day to log what I've eaten.

And why would they be wearing running shoes at a bar?
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    :laugh: well MFP has some pretty great people on here :)
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    I log my Coors Light under water intake... is that wrong??

No please keep doing so! Makes perfect sense!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've mostly stopped logging my food and had a Weihenstephan this weekend.

I don't often drink beer, but when I do, I'm a beer snob. :laugh: