What's behind the name?

Options

Replies

• emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Real name is Marion... yep, like your 80-year-old great aunt. :P

Emmy is a nickname my ex gave me, still like it, even though I don't like him.

3111 is an old house number I used to live at, just like the numbers.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm actually hiding from my old online persona - did some stuff nobody is to find out about :).

I chose this name because I Googled for it and it returned nothing, so I know if anyone Googles this name they'll only find my stuff!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I love being able to have different screen names for different sites. I feel like my real first name is so boring and my real last name is just silly so being called by something else makes me happy! lol
  • Think_Shaolin
    Options
    I love kung fu, and the Shaolin temple is the pinnacle of mental and physical discipline.....austerity with a goal...And they kicked butt!

So I try to always remember to "Think Shaolin"! :wink:
  • StellarChick85
    StellarChick85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm confusing myself!! But seriously, I saw it had my first and last name. I didn't know it changed the first time but THIS one is staying! The story? Back in high school, my friends and I were really into the band Incubus and we LOVED the song Stellar from them! We saw them in concert and everything (which was amazing btw). So I love the word stellar and 85 is my birth year. :) sorry for the confusion! Lol
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My real name is Kirsten... and ShifuYaku? Shifu is a name my boyfriend called me when we first started going out (it's changed a lot... :D), you know like that little guy Shifu from Kung Fu Panda :))) ... and Yaku is part of my boyfriend's last name :smile: I have been using this username all over the internet, because I like how it sounds.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Childhood nickname that's a play on my maiden name :)
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    My real name is Leah

mommy2AR is because I am mommy 2 Alaina and Robbie ( my kids )
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    my first and last name along with the year I was born shhh don't tell
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    James, Mine is simply.... what want to do... and the city in which I was raised. Go ahead, and try to find me. :)

Vade, v. i. [For fade.] To fade; hence, to vanish. [Obs.] "

and 43113 is the zip code for the city in which I grew up in.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    My real name is Frans. My screenname: genuinelyfrans, reflects that I want to stay true to who I am: optimistic, nerdy, kind, and a little crazy all wrapped into one person :)
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Munkey is the petname my hubby gave me when we were dating and for some unknown reason he never once spelled it with an o and we dont ven know where the monkey came from either :/ 418 is the month and day of our wedding :) Im a romantic, what can i say xD my petname for him btw was Moose and it took us awhile to realize our petname initials were M&M lol
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm actually hiding from my old online persona - did some stuff nobody is to find out about :).

I chose this name because I Googled for it and it returned nothing, so I know if anyone Googles this name they'll only find my stuff!

genius! i love it :)
  • blondejester
    Options
    my name is jessica and blondejester is a mix of being a blonde and my nickname, jester
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: Sheepcat....name picked because when my cat meows he actually sounds a lot like a sheep...like a BAA-Meowwww. I call him sheepcat and decided to steal that name for MFP. :tongue:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My real name's Sara (or Sara Lee if you feel like throwing in my middle name as a joke, though mine's spelled L-E-A ) and I basically use Saragato as a default username on places. It was a nickname my friends in middle school gave me, it's my name mashed with the musical term Legato (meaning "tied together" since I was the one who held all my friends together) because I played the saxophone and was a huge band geek. Back in the day I flopped between it and "SamuraiGirl" because I'm fascinated by samurai and so most people tended to call me SG for short since it worked with both usernames.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    John, guardian is in reference to how I am around the people I care about, and 419 (4/19) is my son's birthday
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Carolina is my real name. When I first started amateur kickboxing, a promoter put me on an event poster and when my then 2 yr old granddaughter, Lilly, saw it, she said,"It's Lilly's Granny!" I had that embroidered on my fight shorts and I'm using it here. It reminds me that I'm a fighter and that I have an awesome (now 6 yrs old) granddaughter.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    In real life, I am Mary Ann (Mom to my daughter and Emmy to my neices and nephews)

my username is iddreams because I live in Idaho and my head is full of dreams.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Spike is my nickname from playing volleyball in the Army and it just stuck as one of my best friends from high school went through bootcamp with me and got the rest of my friends calling me it. 90 is the year that I graduated high school. My real name is Julie.