What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

My goal weight is 125lbs. I'm 5'5 w/ a small frame, as I mentioned. That's normal weight for my height. My goal measurements are 35/24-26/34-36 I don't think it's unreasonable or unhealthy given my shape & stature.

Clothing size is such an arbitrary goal. My measurements fall into the range you listed and I am usually a 4 based on the brands I buy most.

Size 2 in AE jeans is 35 in the hips I believe. But Idc so much ab pant size as being fit. I'm just saying a lot of ppl who get fit & dont have much body fat get down to tht pant size & there is nothing wrong with it, becuse they look amazing,
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The only thing I notice about a being a size 0 or 2 is that it makes the size 8+ women on MFP jelly. That's all.

Yeah, never been jealous of a woman because she was a size 0 or 2.

Unless she had great hair, then she's a *****. :wink:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it, if you can achieve it in a healthy manner.

I'm a curvy size 0. It's possible. However...I'm also only 5'1". I'm sure if I were taller this would translate to a 4 or 6 at the same BMI
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to feel comfortable. I truly do not care if the person standing next to me is a size 0 or a size 24. I do care about keeping people positive and hoping that my words while on myfitnesspal.com motivates them. If you want to be a size O that is your choice, but I like being seen. I enjoy my curves which signify me as a women. Most women who do go to a size O which back in my day wasn't even a Size...are really petite and tiny and suite them beautifully. But at my height of 5.7 that would be unrealistic and not appealing for ME!!!

^^^^^^^^^^The only thing is I am 5'4.... To each it's own at the end of the day....Feel good within and outside with your body...It's call your choice.....
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nothing as wrong with it if its health...my goal is about the same 1 to 3. I know I look good there. If u look at my pics the one with long dark hair I was in 3.... and around that time I put on some smaller.... I looked far from skinny/ bony / anorexic / sick / disgusting..... blah blah ..insert whatever word here.... that is what I am aiming for. And I never lost my curves. Do what u want. Some poeple will always have something to complain about rather than letting others just be....
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I am a size 4 now and I'm not happy with it. I pulled out my old size 2 and 4 clothing and I can't even get close to getting anything on. Our current size 4 is more like an old size 8. I have a vintage dress from the 50's that is a size 16. My daughter who is a size 0 can't get it hooked in back. Manufactures change their size labels all the time. I just purchased a womens medium top from China.....never going to happen. Way too small.

I have a tummy and want to get rid of it. That being said, it's not going to go away being a size 4. I'm trying for a size 2 by July 21 (my daughters wedding). You can friend me if you want to join me in getting there.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think everyone just freakin argues too much on here. Like people are looking for support not arguements and everyone is different, Pesonally I have a smaller frame- I'm 5'5 and wear a size 2 and I need to lose weight, well tone up but that doesnt mean everyone my height should have the same goals.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I am only 5ft3 and getting to a size 2 is not that difficult at all. You don't have to be underweight.
  • Klegl
    Klegl Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm not looking to be a certain size just yet...I want to create the body I hope for, without clothes, before I put clothes into the equation. Trying to get to a certain size causes to much stress for me personally. I do agree with your post though
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I didn't take the time to read all of the other posts, but size is not something where you can just pick out what you want to be. I am 5'8" with a large frame. Unless I chopped up my skeleton, I would never fit in a 0-2 size. When I was thin (teen-age years) I wore a size 10-12 which was snug. I looked quite tall and thin. So, unless you are a little thang with a small frame, forget about 0-2 and get real.

Edit: Sometimes I see photos of people who look a little chunky on here and they say they are a size 6 or 8 and I wonder how in the heck they could be that small. Everyone seems to be smaller than me, even the ones who are the same height and weight. I just don't get it.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am a size 2 and happy with how I look.. I do not think I look to skinny at all! I also dont think I look like a stick.
    I hate when I read things about that size being to small.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Be what you wanna be, just don't bring anyone down with you (dangerous habits)..

It's totally your business. I see really skinny ladies on here that are on here to get skinnier, and it's their business.
  • SpunkyTracyLynn
    Options
    I personally think whatever size you want to be is fine as long as you are comfortable in your own skin! I have seen people who are are size 20 and are happy in their own skin and I have seen people a size 2 that could def tone up and loose in certain areas. I guess it depends on your body type and how you hold the weight.

I am currently a size two and still have alot of toning to do..Now with that..Im not looking to get into a size zero just because I want to see tiny numbers on the scale or be that size. If I do tone areas that get me to a zero or stay at a 2 or even a 4..I could care less..as long as I am comfortable in my clothes and have confidence!
  • mdrngypsy
    mdrngypsy Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm striving to be a 0 again because when I was I felt so much better. I'm only 5'1 though so it's not an unreasonable size for me.

However, it shouldn't matter what size someone is. A lot of heavier people are a lot healthier than skinnier people.

The best size is what makes you feel the best in your own skin.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just saw someone post 'why don't they have real sizes? not everyone is a size 2! what about 14 - 16 -18?'

**** like that makes me mad. a size 2 is a REAL size, and a real woman wears it. this crap about 'real women have curves' is bull****. some do, some don't. I'm sick of people hating on anyone who's not their ideal size, or not their own size.

I'm an 8 right now, and I still feel heavy. I want to be a 4. and you know what? there's nothing wrong with that.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with wanting to be a 0 or 2?

NOTHING! Nada. Zilch. A big fat zero, if you'll pardon the lame play on words.

So long as it's a realistic goal for your weight, you aren't taking extremely unhealthy measures to get there, it makes you happy and you realise that dress size is a largely arbitrary number, no dress size is 'wrong'.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wanting to be a 2 or 0. If you're not already, try weight lifting! Like you, I have a small frame and am thin, but have a stomach bulge. I'm a size 4 now and always assumed that I'd need to get down to a 2 or 0 (and also lose another 10 pounds or so) for my stomach to flatten out. Recently, I've starting lifting heavy weights 3 times per week and my stomach is starting to flatten out a little, but I'm getting more solid and muscular in other areas so I think now that maybe if I stick with the weight lifting, I can actually look good at my current weight and size.

By the way, at a size 8 I still looked "chubby" and was about 20 lbs. from my goal weight. I got lots of eye rolling and comments like "You mean an 8 isn't small enough for you, sheesh!" Some people just don't understand about different body types. Someone that's taller than I am with a bigger frame would look buff in a size 12.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a size 0 or 2, but I agree that no one should be knocking others who do want to be. I personally want to be around a size 5 :smile:

And that's where the crazy sizing thing comes in.... I never set out to be a size 2, but I have some size 2 jeans that fit perfectly. But it's very rare that I can fit into a size 5, because that's junior sizing, and I have too much booty for most 5s.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am a size 0, and have never been bigger than a 2. I am a tiny person....I have a muffin top as soon as I hit 106 pounds. I know its such an exact weight, but I know my body that well. Doesn't change the fact that I practically get blasted by people who question why I am even on here.

If you are healthy, and are losing weight the healthy way, then there's no reason why you can't want to be a size 0 or 2. If you get to a point where you realize that its too small, then maintain or gain....that simple.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not hating - but when you post really thin frame pictures of you, ppl are going to get jealous or critical. I was super tiny for more years than I was chunky. Ppl hated on me all the time...
  • Inconceivable
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

One of my friends told me that my goal weight of 100lbs was too low. But the thing is, I'm a very short person! (Not quite 5 ft) And I told them that would be my /ultimate/ goal weight. It's not like if I don't reach it I'm going to cry about it.
This discussion has been closed.