What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size but for a lot of women it simply is not realistic. Some who strive to get there can't without being underweight. Thats the only problem I have with it. But for other women that would be a good weight. I think people are just talking about girls who don't have that type of body. I got down to a size 4 or so when I was really underweight and for me that was too skinny and I certainly looked it.

People who are bigger are just jealous in a lot of cases too. ;)

That's what I feel, cuz they were all bigger women hating in tht topic the other day.

So because you didn't like the thread about people who didn't have a goal to be a 2 you start a thread against it??? No one on the other thread was making fun of thinner people, the OP just wanted to know if people had goals set at heavier weights and sizes. Generally on these boards people want to get down to their smallest range of their BMI and sometimes the women who don't start to feel like "Hmmm, am I the only person that doesn't want to be a string bean?" It's almost as if it's not ok for people to just want to be on the thicker or curvier side. We aren't "JELLY"...give me a break.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Consider this my bump...I don't have time to read the entire thread right now...but!

I love short (I'm only 5'7"), slim girls (curves are wonderful, being a size 2 isn't mutually exclusive with them by the way...something for the larger girls that have issues with this to keep in mind)...and I think that this website in general has lost track of a couple of key things in their goal to 'right the injustices of body shaming in relation to overweight women!' I see more overweight women saying that 'real women have curves' and slaming girls that are a small size, or are on here trying to go from 125lbs to 110lbs (this was a specific comment made the other night...it was disgusting to me).

It's frustrating. Women are beautiful creatures in general...and just because overweight girls aren't my personal preference for body type, doesn't make them any less special, incredible, or wonderful. It would just be nice if they'd quit with the justification of their own weight, by putting down the lighter girls weight. I know you may think that sounds rude or insulting...but if you know me, you'll know it's not intended that way. I want you to really think about it though. Thinner women in general aren't justifying their weight (until they are attacked)...and believe me, if I were seeing those girls bashing at heavier women regularly (like I see the reverse), this post would be a LOT different.

Just some things to think about.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a small size but for a lot of women it simply is not realistic. Some who strive to get there can't without being underweight. Thats the only problem I have with it. But for other women that would be a good weight. I think people are just talking about girls who don't have that type of body. I got down to a size 4 or so when I was really underweight and for me that was too skinny and I certainly looked it.

That's what I feel, cuz they were all bigger women hating in tht topic the other day.

So because you didn't like the thread about people who didn't have a goal to be a 2 you start a thread against it??? No one on the other thread was making fun of thinner people, the OP just wanted to know if people had goals set at heavier weights and sizes. Generally on these boards people want to get down to their smallest range of their BMI and sometimes the women who don't start to feel like "Hmmm, am I the only person that doesn't want to be a string bean?" It's almost as if it's not ok for people to just want to be on the thicker or curvier side. We aren't "JELLY"...give me a break.

Actually I hadnt even read that thread b4 I created this one. That wasn't even the thread I was talking about. You shouldn't assume. The thread I was talkin ab was started by a man who said he liked bigger women & then the women on there started to talk, sayin they had too many curves 2 be thin & callin girl who were thin 'twigs'. They even questioned why a person would wanna b a size 2 or 0.
    Actually my smallest bmi is 111lbs. I'm only aiming for 125lbs, so I'm not doing that. But to me it's not ab a number on the scale. I want to fit & toned. I want a body fat % of less than 20. That's just what I am aiming for. If you read my entire post you would kno that I said it was fine if some women want to stay 'curvy' (curvy in quotes, because curves dont go away when u lose weight. You're body shape will stay the same, u'll just be smaller), but it should also b fine that others want to b fit. I wasn't hating on anyone.
    lol a lot of ppl on this site aren't wanting to b a 'string bean' as u put it. A lot of us actually want 2 b toned & fit. U know, have muscle. In order to see that muscle, you have to get your body fat percentage down. Losing the fat & gaining muscle can put u in a pretty small pants size, especially if u have the frame for it.
    And personally, I'm not skinny. I might b 138lbs & 5'5, but I have small frame, so I still got fat on me even tho my bmi is normal. I'm not gonna call any1 fat. I'm still fat & wouldn't like being called that. It's just when they make comments like 'idk why any1 would want to b a size 2 or 0', it makes u wonder why they're saying tht. You don't see me questioning people's choice for wanting to b an 8 or 10.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Consider this my bump...I don't have time to read the entire thread right now...but!

I love short (I'm only 5'7"), slim girls (curves are wonderful, being a size 2 isn't mutually exclusive with them by the way...something for the larger girls that have issues with this to keep in mind)...and I think that this website in general has lost track of a couple of key things in their goal to 'right the injustices of body shaming in relation to overweight women!' I see more overweight women saying that 'real women have curves' and slaming girls that are a small size, or are on here trying to go from 125lbs to 110lbs (this was a specific comment made the other night...it was disgusting to me).

It's frustrating. Women are beautiful creatures in general...and just because overweight girls aren't my personal preference for body type, doesn't make them any less special, incredible, or wonderful. It would just be nice if they'd quit with the justification of their own weight, by putting down the lighter girls weight. I know you may think that sounds rude or insulting...but if you know me, you'll know it's not intended that way. I want you to really think about it though. Thinner women in general aren't justifying their weight (until they are attacked)...and believe me, if I were seeing those girls bashing at heavier women regularly (like I see the reverse), this post would be a LOT different.

EXACTLY!
    And I want to b 125lbs or so. That doesn't make me or any others any less 'real' than they are. When they say things like that, I have such a short & bad temper than I want 2 just go off & say all kinds of things. Which I do say to my friend who is also in this to be fit. But I dont say it to them. & I didn't start this thread hating on them. Notice I said it was fine that they wanted to stay thicker, but they need to understand that it's fine for others who want to go smaller.
    U would think if would be the thinner ones picking on the heavier ones, but it's the other way around. I think the thinner ones dont do it cuz we used to be where they were. I was never 200+lbs, so Idk how that feels, but I was pretty darn close. I was 185lbs when I started & now I'm 138lbs. I've came a long way & i'm proud of myself. I would never put them down, because I was there. We know how it feels, but i never tried to justify my weight. I was fat. It was my fault & it wasn't good. I knew that & did something about it. Still trying to do more about it.
  • jillian769
    Options

Actually I hadnt even read that thread b4 I created this one. That wasn't even the thread I was talking about. You shouldn't assume. The thread I was talkin ab was started by a man who said he liked bigger women & then the women on there started to talk, sayin they had too many curves 2 be thin & callin girl who were thin 'twigs'. They even questioned why a person would wanna b a size 2 or 0.
    Actually my smallest bmi is 111lbs. I'm only aiming for 125lbs, so I'm not doing that. But to me it's not ab a number on the scale. I want to fit & toned. I want a body fat % of less than 20. That's just what I am aiming for. If you read my entire post you would kno that I said it was fine if some women want to stay 'curvy' (curvy in quotes, because curves dont go away when u lose weight. You're body shape will stay the same, u'll just be smaller), but it should also b fine that others want to b fit. I wasn't hating on anyone.
    lol a lot of ppl on this site aren't wanting to b a 'string bean' as u put it. A lot of us actually want 2 b toned & fit. U know, have muscle. In order to see that muscle, you have to get your body fat percentage down. Losing the fat & gaining muscle can put u in a pretty small pants size, especially if u have the frame for it.
    And personally, I'm not skinny. I might b 138lbs & 5'5, but I have small frame, so I still got fat on me even tho my bmi is normal. I'm not gonna call any1 fat. I'm still fat & wouldn't like being called that. It's just when they make comments like 'idk why any1 would want to b a size 2 or 0', it makes u wonder why they're saying tht. You don't see me questioning people's choice for wanting to b an 8 or 10.

Well the parts I quoted above were kind of derogatory towards bigger women. I'm not saying you have anything against them. I thought I had seen you post on the "Does anyone besides me not want to be a size 2?" But maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I have lost 89 pounds and a bazillion inches, and I want to be fit and toned myself...that is why I lift, go to strength classes and zumba toning classes. That said, I don't care to put my goal at a tiny size or weight just because I want to fit into a certain looks category. Not saying you do, but I just don't like this animosity that seems to go on between the heavy and thin. Neither is better. We are all human beings and God loves us all the same. I think people need to stop obsessing over looks and just try to be healthy.:smile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, the lightest is 35lbs. each arm & heaviest is 80lbs. I'm curvy & muscular, not a weaky boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

Yes not all of us can have a waist line lower than 29 inches & I respect that we all have different size goals. But calling smaller people a "string bean" is the same as calling all fat people "pigs".
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 6 and I think I need to be a 2 or 4 to fit in the range I want to be. I'm small boned.

Even my hemotologist agrees that I still need to lose 10 more lbs.
  • jillian769
    Options

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, I'm curvy & muscular, not boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

Yes not all of us can have a waist line lower than 29 inches & I respect that we all have different size goals. But calling smaller people a "string bean" is the same as calling all fat people "pigs".

Ok come on, "string bean" isn't exactly a huge insult for heavens sake. And as far as not being able to "attain" being a string bean???? Honey, I have lost 89 pounds. I can get down to a size 00 if I wanted. I just don't want to.:tongue:
  • shorty35565
    Options

Well the parts I quoted above were kind of derogatory towards bigger women. I'm not saying you have anything against them. I thought I had seen you post on the "Does anyone besides me not want to be a size 2?" But maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I have lost 89 pounds and a bazillion inches, and I want to be fit and toned myself...that is why I lift, go to strength classes and zumba toning classes. That said, I don't care to put my goal at a tiny size or weight just because I want to fit into a certain looks category. Not saying you do, but I just don't like this animosity that seems to go on between the heavy and thin. Neither is better. We are all human beings and God loves us all the same. I think people need to stop obsessing over looks and just try to be healthy.:smile:

I did post there, but that was after I had already created this post. I actually wondered if it have been created because of mine, but idk. Not important anyways, cuz I wasn't referring to that one. It's quite alright not 2 want to be that small.
    I agree. I have weight & measurement goals, but it's not really about the numbers, it's just about being fit & healthy. I want abs, I want small biceps, toned legs. So that's what I'm going for, wherever that puts me in the end is where I will be. I think we all just need to accept each other & stop all the hating.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I'm a size 6 and I think I need to be a 2 or 4 to fit in the range I want to be. I'm small boned.

Even my hemotologist agrees that I still need to lose 10 more lbs.

I have a small frame too. Totally know how u feel.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!
    And I want to b 125lbs or so. That doesn't make me or any others any less 'real' than they are. When they say things like that, I have such a short & bad temper than I want 2 just go off & say all kinds of things. Which I do say to my friend who is also in this to be fit. But I dont say it to them. & I didn't start this thread hating on them. Notice I said it was fine that they wanted to stay thicker, but they need to understand that it's fine for others who want to go smaller.
    U would think if would be the thinner ones picking on the heavier ones, but it's the other way around. I think the thinner ones dont do it cuz we used to be where they were. I was never 200+lbs, so Idk how that feels, but I was pretty darn close. I was 185lbs when I started & now I'm 138lbs. I've came a long way & i'm proud of myself. I would never put them down, because I was there. We know how it feels, but i never tried to justify my weight. I was fat. It was my fault & it wasn't good. I knew that & did something about it. Still trying to do more about it.

I completely disagree with both of you in regards to what is most common type of bashing on MPF. I think there is a pretty even amount of insensitive comments in both regards, it just depends what threads you read and what your personal filter is. As a smaller person, or even a man with a taste for smaller women... you're biased, just as I am biased by being a bigger framed person who has always struggled with her weight while being often fitter, healthier and sportier than those people smaller than me. I have seen tonnes of comments where people refer to anyone who is not aiming for under 130 (or already there) as all those things I mentioned in my post. We are lazy, fat, unhealthy, we're settling, we're jealous etc etc. I concede that there are probably also tonnes where smaller people are accused of having an ED, being 'not real women', being gross etc. All of it is hurtful and not at all helpful.

Actually 'gross' seems to be a term applied to pretty much every single body there is, fat, thin, muscular skinny-fat... where are people's manners... I wouldn't call someone gross unless they were picking their nose.
  • shorty35565
    Options

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, I'm curvy & muscular, not boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

Ok come on, "string bean" isn't exactly a huge insult for heavens sake. And as far as not being able to "attain" being a string bean???? Honey, I have lost 89 pounds. I can get down to a size 00 if I wanted. I just don't want to.:tongue:

Wow. I have to ask, r u in a healthy weight range for your height yet? Honest question, because its really easy to lose weight when ur overweight, least it was for me when I was overweight. The lighter u get, the harder it is to lose. Getting n2 those small sizes & lowering ur body fat % isn't as easy as u would think.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, the lightest is 35lbs. each arm & heaviest is 80lbs. I'm curvy & muscular, not a weaky boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

I have a genuine question here, because even though my gut reponse to the bolded comment is "as if", I'd like to understand more where you are coming from. When someone calls you a "string bean", how does that make you feel? What is so bad about that image/insult?
  • shorty35565
    Options

EXACTLY!

I completely disagree with both of you in regards to what is most common type of bashing on MPF. I think there is a pretty even amount of insensitive comments in both regards, it just depends what threads you read and what your personal filter is. As a smaller person, or even a man with a taste for smaller women... you're biased, just as I am biased by being a bigger framed person who has always struggled with her weight while being often fitter, healthier and sportier than those people smaller than me. I have seen tonnes of comments where people refer to anyone who is not aiming for under 130 (or already there) as all those things I mentioned in my post. We are lazy, fat, unhealthy, we're settling, we're jealous etc etc. I concede that there are probably also tonnes where smaller people are accused of having an ED, being 'not real women', being gross etc. All of it is hurtful and not at all helpful.

Actually 'gross' seems to be a term applied to pretty much every single body there is, fat, thin, muscular skinny-fat... where are people's manners... I wouldn't call someone gross unless they were picking their nose.

Ur right. I only notice what applies to me. But I def dont pick on bigger ppl, because I was there & I would never wish that. I dont understand where any of the hate is coming from really. This site is ab support, right? Those u see who are smaller & pick on bigger ppl, probably wasn't every really big to begin w/.
    I dont think you should struggle. U look great in ur pic!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER want to be a size 0-2. The smallest i ever was, was size 4 and when i realized that i was, i cried, lol. I went dress shopping with my mother who kept telling me i was loosing weight, but i didnt notice. Till i tried on a size 8 and i was swimming in it. When i came out the dress lady said "see i told you you weren't a size 6-8. What do you think?" I looked at my mom and started crying and said "Where did my boobs go?!?! I want them back". I then went to prom in a size 4 but was eating everything in site to gain back some weight. I dont like to be anything lower than a size 6, tops. Ideally id like to be an 8 and stay there. At that size i still have a nice but and a good rack :wink:
  • jillian769
    Options

Wow. I have to ask, r u in a healthy weight range for your height yet? Honest question, because its really easy to lose weight when ur overweight, least it was for me when I was overweight. The lighter u get, the harder it is to lose. Getting n2 those small sizes & lowering ur body fat % isn't as easy as u would think.

I am pretty close to being in a healthy weight range, I mean as far as the charts go, but I am pretty solid and don't have a lot of fat at all. I started out over 250 and it was NOT EASY AND I DID NOT DO IT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 14 months of calorie counting and working out 1-3 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! Even when I lost my 19 year old nephew suddenly, raising 2 teenage sons who eat everything under the sun, while I was pregnant (But I had a miscarriage) And I have been very small before. I was not overweight my entire life. I don't need to explain anymore to you people. Get off my back. My original post was because you and another girl said some nasty things about bigger girls. Now...PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jillian769
    Options

I am pretty close to being in a healthy weight range, I mean as far as the charts go, but I am pretty solid and don't have a lot of fat at all. I started out over 250 and it was NOT EASY AND I DID NOT DO IT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 14 months of calorie counting and working out 1-3 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! Even when I lost my 19 year old nephew suddenly, raising 2 teenage sons who eat everything under the sun, while I was pregnant (But I had a miscarriage) And I have been very small before. I was not overweight my entire life. I don't need to explain anymore to you people. Get off my back. My original post was because you and another girl said some nasty things about bigger girls. Now...PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one more thing...I still can't believe you said it is easy for overweight people to lose weight. Is that why there is an obesity epidemic. Fat people must want to stay fat!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shorty35565
    Options

Just one more thing...I still can't believe you said it is easy for overweight people to lose weight. Is that why there is an obesity epidemic. Fat people must want to stay fat!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was overweight once. I weighed 185lbs & lost consistently. I ate less & barely even worked out back then, lost every week, typically over a lb. My friend was the same way. It was easy compare to now. Now I have work my butt off & have to watch what I eat & sumtimes I still don't lose. Maybe it's cuz I'm gainin muscle. I lose inches, just not as much as I used too. It's gettin harder.
    There is an epidemic not because fat ppl want to stay fat, because most people dont want to work out or diet. A lot of people dont want to change their entire lifestyles. They think it will be too hard. Believe me, I was one of them. My friend had 2 beg me to do this with her cuz she wanted a buddy. It's not that they want to stay fat, mostly ppl just either 1.) don't want to do the work it takes or 2.) Just dont kno how to do it properly. I suppose age is always a factor too, for metabolisms and such.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you want to be a 0 and its healthy for you to do so and it will make you happy go for it !! If you want to be curvy and its healthy go for that too lol
    I dont think it matter what size you are as long as you are comfortable with yourself and healthy
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    And me personaly, I will decide how small my waste line will be as I start loosing weight If I start to look to thin for my height and im at size 10 then so be it :)
This discussion has been closed.