What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    So because you didn't like the thread about people who didn't have a goal to be a 2 you start a thread against it??? No one on the other thread was making fun of thinner people, the OP just wanted to know if people had goals set at heavier weights and sizes. Generally on these boards people want to get down to their smallest range of their BMI and sometimes the women who don't start to feel like "Hmmm, am I the only person that doesn't want to be a string bean?" It's almost as if it's not ok for people to just want to be on the thicker or curvier side. We aren't "JELLY"...give me a break.

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, I'm curvy & muscular, not boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

Yes not all of us can have a waist line lower than 29 inches & I respect that we all have different size goals. But calling smaller people a "string bean" is the same as calling all fat people "pigs".

Ok come on, "string bean" isn't exactly a huge insult for heavens sake. And as far as not being able to "attain" being a string bean???? Honey, I have lost 89 pounds. I can get down to a size 00 if I wanted. I just don't want to.:tongue:

Wow. I have to ask, r u in a healthy weight range for your height yet? Honest question, because its really easy to lose weight when ur overweight, least it was for me when I was overweight. The lighter u get, the harder it is to lose. Getting n2 those small sizes & lowering ur body fat % isn't as easy as u would think.

I am pretty close to being in a healthy weight range, I mean as far as the charts go, but I am pretty solid and don't have a lot of fat at all. I started out over 250 and it was NOT EASY AND I DID NOT DO IT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 14 months of calorie counting and working out 1-3 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! Even when I lost my 19 year old nephew suddenly, raising 2 teenage sons who eat everything under the sun, while I was pregnant (But I had a miscarriage) And I have been very small before. I was not overweight my entire life. I don't need to explain anymore to you people. Get off my back. My original post was because you and another girl said some nasty things about bigger girls. Now...PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one more thing...I still can't believe you said it is easy for overweight people to lose weight. Is that why there is an obesity epidemic. Fat people must want to stay fat!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was overweight once. I weighed 185lbs & lost consistently. I ate less & barely even worked out back then, lost every week, typically over a lb. My friend was the same way. It was easy compare to now. Now I have work my butt off & have to watch what I eat & sumtimes I still don't lose. Maybe it's cuz I'm gainin muscle. I lose inches, just not as much as I used too. It's gettin harder.
    There is an epidemic not because fat ppl want to stay fat, because most people dont want to work out or diet. A lot of people dont want to change their entire lifestyles. They think it will be too hard. Believe me, I was one of them. My friend had 2 beg me to do this with her cuz she wanted a buddy. It's not that they want to stay fat, mostly ppl just either 1.) don't want to do the work it takes or 2.) Just dont kno how to do it properly. I suppose age is always a factor too, for metabolisms and such.

It was the same for me. People that I know who are very over weight and have trouble losing or keeping weight off are honestly just not working hard enough. Before I lost all the weight by eating semi healthy and doing maybe 30min of cardio every other day. Once I got down to 140s I had to really clean up my diet and work out hard. It isn't as hard to maintain now only because its pretty much a habit but those last 10lbs take so much longer to lose. I'm probably losing 1lb a month at this point. 2lbs on a good month.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! OP - thank you soooo much for posting this. Us smaller framed people needed to see this post.

Crisanderson27 - you're post is one of the many reasons why you are on my Friends List!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So because you didn't like the thread about people who didn't have a goal to be a 2 you start a thread against it??? No one on the other thread was making fun of thinner people, the OP just wanted to know if people had goals set at heavier weights and sizes. Generally on these boards people want to get down to their smallest range of their BMI and sometimes the women who don't start to feel like "Hmmm, am I the only person that doesn't want to be a string bean?" It's almost as if it's not ok for people to just want to be on the thicker or curvier side. We aren't "JELLY"...give me a break.

Calling someone with a size 2 a "string bean" is insulting. I'm normally of that size but I don't look anywhere near a bean pole. In fact I lift heavy weights, I'm curvy & muscular, not boney skinny like some of you think. Why do you people love to pick on slim women just because you find it "impossible" to attain? Sometimes people say it out of jealousy or because they are brought to believe that they are "big-boned" & therefore thought its impossible wherein it only takes determination to reach your goal. I used to be one of those who thought its impossible when I was still obese but guess what, I didn't expect to reach this size but it happened!

Yes not all of us can have a waist line lower than 29 inches & I respect that we all have different size goals. But calling smaller people a "string bean" is the same as calling all fat people "pigs".

Ok come on, "string bean" isn't exactly a huge insult for heavens sake. And as far as not being able to "attain" being a string bean???? Honey, I have lost 89 pounds. I can get down to a size 00 if I wanted. I just don't want to.:tongue:

Wow. I have to ask, r u in a healthy weight range for your height yet? Honest question, because its really easy to lose weight when ur overweight, least it was for me when I was overweight. The lighter u get, the harder it is to lose. Getting n2 those small sizes & lowering ur body fat % isn't as easy as u would think.

I am pretty close to being in a healthy weight range, I mean as far as the charts go, but I am pretty solid and don't have a lot of fat at all. I started out over 250 and it was NOT EASY AND I DID NOT DO IT FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 14 months of calorie counting and working out 1-3 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!! Even when I lost my 19 year old nephew suddenly, raising 2 teenage sons who eat everything under the sun, while I was pregnant (But I had a miscarriage) And I have been very small before. I was not overweight my entire life. I don't need to explain anymore to you people. Get off my back. My original post was because you and another girl said some nasty things about bigger girls. Now...PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This from the person that says nasty things about skinn y girls.:laugh: Its their right to comment on bigger girls someone has to tell them the truth! If we were to follow your logic anyways.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Well, I've read pretty much most of the thread now and my thoughts are this....doesn't matter what size, shape, height etc you are - just as long as you look healthy.

I'm 4ft 11" , weigh 83lb and wear mainly UK size 8 clothes. Sometimes, dependent on where i buy them from, I wear size 6 UK jeans / trousers and sometimes tops. Apart from needing to put some more lbs on, I look in proportion to my height. I still look curvy in the right places and I still feel healthy. Personally for me, I do need to put on around 15-20lbs. Not much. I also need to stop stressing as this can have a big affect on my weight, as I can almost lose it within a day or so. So for me I have to constantly make sure I'm eating healthily and keeping the lbs on.

At my healthiest weight of 100lbs, after pregnancy, I was told by everyone that I looked really healthy and amazing!.
    The heaviest I've EVER weighed - and that was DURING pregnancy was 120lbs.

Anyhow, thank you OP for posting this, as there is nothing wrong with smaller framed women (and men). We're all hot regardless, even moreso, because we're here on MFP to make changes in a healthy way.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole post because I didn't want to get pissed off at some of the comments. I just want to thank you for this post.

I am 5'5 small frame and at 155lbs I am at at size 8. This looks okay with clothes on but when naked all I see is fat rolls. A lot of people would see size 8 as being normal and their goal size. It was for me when I first started out, I was a size 18-20, and thought a size 8-10 would be perfect but after I attained it I knew to be a healthly weight and one good for running I would need to be a size 2-4. Also a lot of the women that are saying that being a small size is bad and not curvy probably just don't know what they are able to do. I am an hourglass shape and will always have curves I just don't want rolling hills with those curves.

A size 2 in current measurements is 32-34/22-24/33-35 and everyone wants to hold up Marilyn Monroe as curvy and she was a 36-23-37 which would be a size 4 right now.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Some people are built smaller. It doesn't make them sickly or anorexic. Also a 6' woman wearing size 0 jeans would look a lot different from a 5' woman wearing size 0 jeans.

Honestly, clothing size is such a stupid number to base looks or health on. Why do women do this to themselves?

This sums it up!! I noticed your pics (op) you are small framed and you could very well be a size 2 at goal. I look nice at 6-8 .Im 5'7" and have had kids , but kids dont mean nothing as far as excuses for me!! I hate going only on #'s . You have lost a lot of weight already good job!!!! you can be whatever you want to , also I like the statement someone made "fit women can have curves" I am fit but curvy and still have some weight to lose....curvy doesnt equal chubby to me but it does mean you dont have the body of a 12 yr.old boy...We are all different what looks good on one might look chubby on another...
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole post because I didn't want to get pissed off at some of the comments. I just want to thank you for this post.

I am 5'5 small frame and at 155lbs I am at at size 8. This looks okay with clothes on but when naked all I see is fat rolls. A lot of people would see size 8 as being normal and their goal size. It was for me when I first started out, I was a size 18-20, and thought a size 8-10 would be perfect but after I attained it I knew to be a healthly weight and one good for running I would need to be a size 2-4. Also a lot of the women that are saying that being a small size is bad and not curvy probably just don't know what they are able to do. I am an hourglass shape and will always have curves I just don't want rolling hills with those curves.

A size 2 in current measurements is 32-34/22-24/33-35 and everyone wants to hold up Marilyn Monroe as curvy and she was a 36-23-37 which would be a size 4 right now.

Great post!

I'm my measurements are 33-28-33 and I still need to drop a few pounds.

When I was a size 12 my doctor and some people in my family would treat me like a was a cow and make comments about how fat was!

Size 2/4 is optimal for me.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I only read a few pages and just jumped to the end of the thread. Some people's comments started to peeve me off.

Don't even TRY to say there is more fat bashing going on than skinny bashing, that's a load of crap. And it boggles my mind because, really, we're all on here to lose weight and get skinny. Don't even try saying you're not. And to clarify, fit / athletic / healthy all falls into that skinny comment.

The whole "real women" thing is said to make bigger girls feel better about being bigger - that's all. Just like the "Bones are for dogs, meat is for men" *kitten*. There's no truth behind because the general public does not like one cookie cutter look. And to be completely honest, I bet if I polled random people on the street and showed photos of Megan Fox vs: a chubby photo of Tyra Banks, they'd chose Megan Fox.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 2, and I am definitely not a twig. lol There is nothing wrong with wanting to be slender. I am slender but still a pear shape at same time so I have bottom curves just not so much curve up top. haha
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I read this whole thread. It is all personal preference. I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to be a size 0-2. I also see nothing wrong with someone wanting to be a different size.

I personally don't care what the number on the scale is or what size my clothing is. I go by what my bf% is and what my LBM is. If I went by scale numbers than at 120 I would only be 5% BF if I maintained my LBM. I will never be a size 0-2. I'm okay with that. My BF is a size 0. She has significantly less LBM than me. She looks great. Everyones body is different based off genetics, LBM & BF%.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I only read a few pages and just jumped to the end of the thread. Some people's comments started to peeve me off.

Don't even TRY to say there is more fat bashing going on than skinny bashing, that's a load of crap. And it boggles my mind because, really, we're all on here to lose weight and get skinny. Don't even try saying you're not. And to clarify, fit / athletic / healthy all falls into that skinny comment.

The whole "real women" thing is said to make bigger girls feel better about being bigger - that's all. Just like the "Bones are for dogs, meat is for men" *kitten*. There's no truth behind because the general public does not like one cookie cutter look. And to be completely honest, I bet if I polled random people on the street and showed photos of Megan Fox vs: a chubby photo of Tyra Banks, they'd chose Megan Fox.

What's funny about that line is no one just grills up a piece of steak to eat all the fat. Meat=muscle. Just sayin'

Oh yeah, just to throw in. All the flavorful cuts are on the bone too. Mmm now I want some short ribs.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Also someone questioned how anyone could want to be a size 0 or 2. They thought 10 would b their goal pant size.

This was me. And i did not question "how anyone could want to be a size 0 or 2." I said I do not understand wanting to be a size 0 or 2. And that is because I am not small, I have never been small, and those tiny sizes are outside my realm of comprehension.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Mmm now I want some short ribs.
    [/quote]

Yummy.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Your typing gives me a headache.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I seen a post last night where a guy liked them chubby & hey that's quite alright. But a lot of women were posting in there talking about how they have curves that just aren't going to go away. Also someone questioned how anyone could want to be a size 0 or 2. They thought 10 would b their goal pant size. Well, I'm a size 8 right now & it's not cutting it. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach & I have a small frame which causes it to bunch up basically & stick out. I will pretty much have 2 go to a low pant size to get my stomach to flatten out & I dont think there is a thing wrong w/ it. I want to be fit anyways, so I'm pushing until I am .
    Another thing, about the curves. If you have natural curves, then u will always have them no matter how small u get. They will just b smaller when u get smaller & not have fat on them. My waist is ab 9 in smaller than my hips, if anything my curves has gotten more defined as I lost weight. When i lose my love handles (which i hope is soon) it will get smaller, but I will still have it. Pretty sure my waist is gonna stay smaller than my hips. Curves don't mean u can't get slim.
    Too each their own of course. But smaller girls are 'real women' too. Like I said b4, a lot of us want to be fit & in shape. Personally I want to be less that 20% body fat. I know it's not goin to be easy 2 accomplish. I know it's not for everyone either. But I don't think bigger women should knock people wanting to b like this & say they don't wanna b a 'twig'. It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit.

Im the same way. The rest of my body is small, but I have a pouch that sticks out at my stomach. I fit into either a size 6 or size 4 for pants, but hate that my stomach sticks out... :(
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

What's funny about that line is no one just grills up a piece of steak to eat all the fat. Meat=muscle. Just sayin'

Oh yeah, just to throw in. All the flavorful cuts are on the bone too. Mmm now I want some short ribs.

I want a ribeye now ... mmmmmm...
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm a 4 aiming for a 2, would even be okay with a 0 and I am CURVY, I am also 5'1
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

^^^I agree.

If someone is eating the correct amount of calories a day and losing healthy. Most girls I see wanting to be a zero or extremely small size have calorie intakes of like 300-400 calories. That is not healthy.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

^^^I agree.

If someone is eating the correct amount of calories a day and losing healthy. Most girls I see wanting to be a zero or extremely small size have calorie intakes of like 300-400 calories. That is not healthy.

Maybe that's just the ones that advertise it. I have friends on here that are about a 2 / 0 and eat plenty.
  • phylicia44
    phylicia44 Posts: 12
    Options
    I wouldn't knock someone who wants to be a size 2, but people who can't be a size 2 are often bombarded by messages that being a size 2 is perfect. Who honestly wouldn't want to be a size 2? It's the magic number for pretty much all celebrities, beyond that you are fat and need WW, etc. It's really not fair. I have seen much skinnier days, where I was a size 7-9 and my best friend was that coveted size 0-2. All the boys automatically liked her better because she was so petite, of course I looked "big" next to her, but I'm like a foot taller and had big leg muscles from training for cross country 7 days a week. I feel like I took a beating, being teased and picked on for being big because I was tall and muscular.
This discussion has been closed.