What's wrong w/ wantin 2 b a size 0 or 2?

Options

Replies

• AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    The real problem here is your grammar. Reading this gave me a head ache.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

I wasn't aware this was english class. Don't like it, don't read & pop a pill 4 the headache i gave u.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I wasn't aware this was english class. Don't like it, don't read & pop a pill 4 the headache i gave u.

:drinker:
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There gets to be a point where we need to stop worrying about everyone else, and worry about ourselves and what makes us feel happy and healthy.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    as long as you're healthy it is fine, if you are starving yourself to get to a 0 or a 2 than no it's not ok.

For me I don't know what size I want to be, but I do want to be smaller than I am now. I want to be around 150 for now, but maybe 130 by the time I'm done. and I'm 5'2 so it'll be pretty small i guess lol.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think its more about health/frame. I'm a size 4 and used to be a 2 and thats my goal to get back down to, and I definitely still have curves and I always get complimented on my curves by men. My frame size however allows me to be that size, I think as long as a woman looks healthy there is nothing wrong with a small size. I'm short and petite so a size 2 is very appropriate for me, a 0 would be pushing getting too small, but I know some girls who a size 0 suits perfectly. Its possible to be small, in shape, and curvy, you just have to pick the size thats appropriate for your body type!
  • roger9
    roger9 Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree. Everyone always gets so hyped up about how the curvy women are "real" women". What the hell am I, a fake woman? I don't think it's possible for me to have a big butt & boobs while running 30 miles a week. Oh well!
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If your frame will allow you to be a size 0 or 2 while at a healthy weight, go for it.

If your frame will not allow you to be a size 0 or a 2...then don't...

simple as that...

Mine won't...I'm perfectly okay with that...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons why many times I'm more comfortable around men than women. It seems that we women love to hype up a standard of what an ideal body or size should look like. Seriously who cares if you're wearing a size 0 or a size 16?

No matter what your size goal is, as long as you feel happy, comfortable, stronger & healthier then I say go for it. I respect your opinions about size 2 being "skinny" but there's no need to broadcast it.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one thing I notice about some of these people wanting to be small is that they have goal weights that are borderline unhealthy/underweight. They seem obsessed with tiny #'s on a scale.

That is something I noticed, too. My boss, who I used to work for 20+ years ago knew me when I wore anything from a size 2 to a size 6. After that time I moved away for 14 years and because of marriage and stressful health situations with my inlaws I put on quite a bit of weight. I managed to lose weight and get back into my healthy weight range but then after my father died, I moved 800 miles back to live with my mom and a lot of other stuff I put the weight back on. I determined to lose the weight and really put forth an effort since September. Well, I lost half of what I want to lose and my boss--the one who knew me when I was 105-110 lbs and fit tried to tell me not to lose any more. I still have 24 lbs to go to get to the MIDDLE of my healthy weight range, which is more than I used to weigh. I know I will likely NEVER be as small as I was when I was 21 years old, but I want my weight to be healthy and my clothes to fit.

Having a number goal is good, in my opinion, but making goals that don't cause you to be so obsessed is even better. I gave myself a buffer either way so that if I happen to lose MORE weight than I planned I'm still within my healthy weight range and not looking (feeling or being) unhealthy.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a size 2 or size 0 if your body frame allows you to be and as long as you are still healthy. My sister, who has had three children, still looks like she did when we were teenagers and she is 41 years old. I personally think she looks too skinny and unhealthy but I know she has a SUPER high metabolism and if she really IS healthy then I am happy for her.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I agree. Everyone always gets so hyped up about how the curvy women are "real" women". What the hell am I, a fake woman? I don't think it's possible for me to have a big butt & boobs while running 30 miles a week. Oh well!

HAHA! Ur anything but fake running 30 miles a week! U rock! I've never had a big butt. In fact, I kinda barely have one, but I'm ok with that. My boobs are just average I reckon. While I dont want them to shrink anymore, I would b ok it they did. I'd take small boobs & a fit body over big boobs & a chubby body. Tho sum ppl are lucky enough to have good sized boobs & fit bodies, lucky duckies lol
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to how you're built. I'm a size 2, but I'm between 5'3 and 5'4" and I have a small frame. It so stupid to assume that being a 2 has to mean you're too thin or unhealthy. Some people just are naturally that size.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is why I can't understand (and never read) people who post threads like"5'6" what should my goal weight be?" or "5'8" what should my thigh circumference be?".... Everyone has a different body, no one can actually answer that question.

I think the problem for many of us women (me included) is that we are defensive about bodies, so we focus on the comments that make us feel bad. Obviously for the OP, there's been some negative posts and comments that resonated with her about small people. They don't apply to me, so I probably don't notice them. For me I always notice posts where people casually make comments that suggest a bigger build person is either fat, lazy, unfir, unhealthy, delusional, settling etc... because they make me defensive.

I think sometimes people don't even notice they're doing it. for example the first thing that jumped out at me from the OPs post was "It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit." Now I am sure she didn't mean it that way, but that just said to me "only us skinny girls are fit"... We all read posts through a filter of our own issues.

I think we all need to not be so sensitive to what others post, but also to be more sensitive with what we post.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    A size 2 now isn't even really accurate, my mothers wedding dress from 1953 is very tight on me and I'm the oh so hated size 0. Her dress is an 8.
    I also have my mother in laws leather jacket from the 70's and it's tight across the chest. That's a medium. I'm an XS shirt size now.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    A size 2 now isn't even really accurate, my mothers wedding dress from 1953 is very tight on me and I'm the oh so hated size 0. Her dress is an 8.
    I also have my mother in laws leather jacket from the 70's and it's tight across the chest. That's a medium. I'm an XS shirt size now.

I agree. My waist size is 26" & may be one of the hated size 2 but my clothes ranges from sizes 0 to 10 depending on the brand. Normally I'm a Mexican size P (US size XS) or an Asian size M.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    This is why I can't understand (and never read) people who post threads like"5'6" what should my goal weight be?" or "5'8" what should my thigh circumference be?".... Everyone has a different body, no one can actually answer that question.

I think the problem for many of us women (me included) is that we are defensive about bodies, so we focus on the comments that make us feel bad. Obviously for the OP, there's been some negative posts and comments that resonated with her about small people. They don't apply to me, so I probably don't notice them. For me I always notice posts where people casually make comments that suggest a bigger build person is either fat, lazy, unfir, unhealthy, delusional, settling etc... because they make me defensive.

I think sometimes people don't even notice they're doing it. for example the first thing that jumped out at me from the OPs post was "It's perfectly ok 4 them to want to keep their curves & it's fine for us to want to be physically fit." Now I am sure she didn't mean it that way, but that just said to me "only us skinny girls are fit"... We all read posts through a filter of our own issues.

I think we all need to not be so sensitive to what others post, but also to be more sensitive with what we post.

I'm not skinny at all! You can look at my pictures, I have a belly, fat upper thighs, fat on my hips, yucky love handles. I'm not skinny, just small framed, which is 1 of the reasons I'm not so thin as some ppl at my weight. I totally didn't mean it tht way. I meant it as everyone is entitled to what they want to be. Ppl with big frames can b fit too. By 'us' I meant ppl who want to me fit. Cuz not everyone wants to be fit, some ppl just wanna lose a little & not be 'twigs' as they say. & 'want to keep there curves.' (in quotes cuz of the next statement) Even tho it's totally possible to b fit & curvy at the same time. I wasn't meanin any offense by it at all.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

I'm not skinny at all! You can look at my pictures, I have a belly, fat upper thighs, fat on my hips, yucky love handles. I'm not skinny, just small framed, which is 1 of the reasons I'm not so thin as some ppl at my weight. I totally didn't mean it tht way. I meant it as everyone is entitled to what they want to be. Ppl with big frames can b fit too. By 'us' I meant ppl who want to me fit. Cuz not everyone wants to be fit, some ppl just wanna lose a little & not be 'twigs' as they say. & 'want to keep there curves.' (in quotes cuz of the next statement) Even tho it's totally possible to b fit & curvy at the same time. I wasn't meanin any offense by it at all.

That was my point... it was my insecurities that made that jump out at me, whereas I might not notice a 'twig' comment at all.
  • wlaurel
    wlaurel Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... I'm a size 2 and I have to admit those posts can be offensive
  • wlaurel
    wlaurel Posts: 43
    Options

You know you just spelt headache wrong, right?
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
This discussion has been closed.