What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dump that loser before college!

Oh, and life gets a whole lot worse before it starts getting better.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    id just say "you're about to grow up real fast, kid...remember that you can't help others if you don't take care of yourself first.
  • Hotanuri
    Hotanuri Posts: 53
    Options
    Save more money, you'll need it later!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i would have said "take more naked pictures, because after you have a baby things will NEVER look like they do now, no matter HOW MUCH you work out" :drinker:
  • sunkissedxo20
    Options
    Food is not love.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    - Quit smoking
    - Spend your money wisely!!
    - You weigh 130lb, you're not fat!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    In 1998, your mom is going to try to convince you to go to a place called Schenck Job Corps. Stick to your guns and DON'T DO IT! You're going to meet a guy who is going to make your life very difficult for a very long time. Also, you've just lost 45lbs over the last year. Stay active and eat right, because, if you don't, you'll be 297lbs by age 33. Oh, yeah, and GO TO COLLEGE...NOW! Don't wait!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    "When you meet that guy you think is the one you'll be with forever... turn and run!!!"

But then, I wouldn't have my awesome kiddos... can I go back and tell my 25 year old self to take the kids and run, instead? Things never did get better after everything hit the fan...
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    stop drinking so much beer! stop partying 5 out of the 7 days in the week.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Re Think about calling off the wedding and just dumping him. Post phone it and see what happens.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself. You are destined to do something wonderful with your life.
    Don't stop exercising! Stay fit!
    You're going to get your heart broken, and it'll feel like the worst day of your life, but you WILL get over it and be the better off for it.
    Appreciate your grandparents. They won't be here forever.
    Cut the people hurting you out of your life. You deserve better.
    Remember that life is about being happy, and you will get there someday in the not-too-distant future.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do... do NOT apply for administrative jobs... you'll be stuck in paperwork hell forever! Oh... and take on the student loan debt. It will totally be worth it.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Work hard, appreciate what you have, and don't wish away your youth. And don't be so hard on yourself!
  • sye18
    sye18 Posts: 9
    Options
    Id say---> Girl have some self respect and watch what you eat!!! you're going to get up to 200 by age 20 lol

I'd also tell me to stay in track n field as long as i can :)
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Take control now! Don't wait, things will only get worse!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Go hug your dad and tell him you love him. Trust me, you'll be happy you did.

Enjoy your freedom. You've got the rest of your life to be grown up.

Don't take your friends for granted. They've been with you through the good and bad. Don't lose touch when life leads you down different paths.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    HI!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    This is to my 17 yr old self:

Gym class isn't social hour -- no, really....it isn't lol :laugh: ( I would literally dress out for gym... stretch and sit down to talk. Luckily, my gym teacher didn't take that out on me since I was a senior and had more than enough credits to graduate, but wanted to enjoy being a kid for a while longer)

You are fine just the way you are... you are NOT fat...

When you are 24 the most amazing little boy :love: will be born & change your life :heart:

I could go on forever lol..
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Stop bloody eating woman!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to *not* go to the expensive private school that sucked which I failed out of due to anxiety and depression. I would tell myself, go straight to community college, then enlist in the Air Force. Oh, and don't screw up your relationship by sleeping with someone else.

Ugh.