What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    No seriously...I am you from the future....You won't be 130 lbs for ever.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Don't get married next year!!!!!!!!!!!

^This^
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Buy Apple stock.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Don't trust your roommate and your roommate's best friend.
    Don't settle in Maryland.
    Make your GED a priority AND your Driver's License.
    Eat well, you aren't a ballerina anymore and burning calories is a lot harder.
    Don't be afraid of your mother and sister, they are insane.. it isn't you it's them. leave, never look back and make smart decisions based on your passion not based on fear.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hold on to every memory of Miles make every second with him count... You won't have him for Much longer.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Go to college, transfer somewhere if you don't like it. Major in dance even if everyone tells you it's impractical.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    "Yes, life it tough for an 18 year old, single parent. Hang in there. It will get worse before it gets better, but going through all the crap now will make you appreciate life so much more when you get in your mid-30's. As many things I would like you to change or do differently -- don't. Because otherwise I might not have the fabulous life I have now." :happy:
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    You are a wonderful loving person. Dump the loser you married last year, Get your Ged and go to College, your going to love it.
    Your soul mate is just waiting for you to be ready for him.

Talk to a nutrinionist and learn how to eat healthy, so you wont have another 30 yrs of annorexia struggles, that just make you bigger and bigger.

Your going to have a wonderful husband, children with him and a good job due to your education. BTW: do not study social work. Stay with computer science thats where the money is.

Walk away from your dysfunctional family and dont look back.

a tummy pouch is ok.
    :heart:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    You is kind, you is smart, you is important.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    get a passport. you are native fluent in spanish. why don't you go work in mexico for a while.

i really wish that had even occurred to me when i was that age...or that i was still native fluent so i could go do it now.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    invest in Microsoft
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Buy Apple stock.

Haha.. this!
  • karengetsfit
    karengetsfit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i would have said "take more naked pictures, because after you have a baby things will NEVER look like they do now, no matter HOW MUCH you work out" :drinker:

hahhaa. noted ;]
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would say this . . .

Don't wait until you are 41 to start living your life!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Stay in college and FINISH. It will be way harder to do when you are 45
    Don't start up with your ex again
    Quit smoking
    Stop fretting about every little flaw. Enjoy being young, blonde, tall, and thin. In 30 years all you will have left of it is tall...
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    -Resist the temptation to use your credit card for anything and everything.
    -Wear your sunscreen.
    -Go to the Beastie Boys concert when Steve Wille calls and offers you his ticket and do not stay home and babysit your sister.
    -Do not put your life on hold while you wait for someone else to live their dream.
    -Bring an extra pair of jeans when you go to Italy, it rains the whole time you're there and you're going to wish you had an extra pair of pants with you.
    -Ask for more money when you get your first job offer.
    -Spend more time becoming the you that you want to be, and not the you that everyone expects you to be.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would have told myself to still take JROTC, but NOT use it as a way to get out of gym class. Take Gym. Work out. Get in shape early :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Work out, and eat better. It's harder to learn to do it later in life.

You have no tummy quit whining.

Yes he is the one (Married 10 years already!) Don't even worry about how people will tell you you're nuts.

Go to school to be a nurse now, Yes I know you think it's a horrible job but trust me you're going to love it and wish you had done it sooner!

Don't take for granted the good health of yourself or others.

MORE ROAD TRIPS! More BBQs, more movies, more time with friends.

Go ahead move across the country, home will always be there if you want to come back.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    --Avoid Bacardi 151...you will do some very foolish things

Bahahhaaa!!!! So true!
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    That guy you just met? Yup, love of your life- don't build a wall, he's an actual good guy.

Don't scoff at the 25- 30 year olds you know who are telling you, "someday you'll know what it is like to HAVE to workout and not have a diet consisting soley of cheese fries." They are right.

When you can't handel it and the stress and emotions you are feeling make it more confusing and much worse, your mother was right, if you just let it go (give it to your gaurdian angel as she says) clarity and peace WILL come to you.

People will look at you weird for the rest of your life because you don't want/ never had children, get used to it now.

Thanks for wearing sunscreen.