What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "That friend you're going to dump? Dump the other one too, you'll do it in 2 years anyway. Don't accept the first doctor you find in the yellowpages, for the love of God find someone who won't feed you 90 different pills all for the wrong diagnosis. Call your dad and tell him everything you need to say, he'll die in December and you'll lose your chance at closure. Know you'll graduate anyway so don't get mad about having to finish school from home. Take better care of yourself. And don't friend those old friends on Facebook, you just end up being stupid about it anyway."
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Finish college.
    Pass on Sheri.
    Save your money.
    Take care of your body.
    Love yourself.
    Follow THAT dream.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Study Physics. Start Lifting now. Dont quit Rugby. Go travelling with your mates
  • AdrienneHart84
    AdrienneHart84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    - Pick a college major worth a damn!

- Start running!

- Spend some more time with your dad; he won't be here that long.
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Relax... it seems like the world is ending right now but I swear to you you will survive this and it will be wonderful....
  • Mdlea
    Mdlea Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Get on a bicycle and ride it... ...a lot. Keep lifting weights, but don't try to go all extreme. Oh, and take care of your body. If you make it to 40, all of those injuries are going to pile up and HURT.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Don't drop out of college, don't smoke so much pot, don't spend so much time at the clubs, start working out now. And most important don't settle, you're worth more!
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself to slow down. Learn to like who you are. don't rush into relationships. Get the most of your education. find what you really want to do and do it, don't do it because you feel obligated to do it. have some fun, let loose a little. Enjoy the next few years of your life doing what you'd like to do.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    don't worry, keep dating her,let her know you love her everyday, everything will work out fine.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Dear Self-
    Don't listen to Dad, you ARE worth being loved. You are not fat at 107lbs and good girl for not doing what he wanted you to when you made that life changing "mistake". Stop trying to make him proud of you, it isn't going to happen. Love yourself and don't regret the mistakes you make because they make you the stronger person you become. Just let it go!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Hmmmmm..... Do not hook up with the girl from Canada, change your college major NOW, Join the Military, Invest in tech. stocks, and when you get married DO NOT eat Ice Cream everyday for the whole first year of marriage,
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself - You're really smart when it comes to school and your career will be great so don't change anything there... but don't be so hard on yourself in relationships. It's ok to expect someone to do things for you. It's ok to ask for help and support. It's ok to demand what you want. Most important - Don't be afraid to not be in a relationship because you're a great person so you'll never truly be alone.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Study something you love at University, not what you think will get you a good job.

If you think you're too young to get married, you probably are.

Don't rush through life. It's not a race.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Love yourself: in 12 years you will wish you were here again.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    do better in school and don't worry you'll meet ur guy in 3 short years
  • eleqtriq
    eleqtriq Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stop being such a d!ck!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Stop eating so much, stop eating fast food and get off your *kitten* you bonehead! I love you!"
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'd say Run far away from that boy you think you love and need to save from himself.

Quit smoking.

Embrace your friends.