What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That I'd be pregnant 8 times in 10 years so to get ready for it! haha
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!! Be more confident and love yourself!!!!....Enjoy life, specially this moment!!!! P.S: I :heart: U.
    -ME- :drinker:
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Hey dumbass, don't eat McDonalds 3 times a day when you are 21 because you feel sorry for yourself; it will get better in a year.
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    USE DOUBLE PROTECTION!!!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would've told myself:

"He's 26 and you're 18. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie."
    "Save up your money and move out as soon as you can. It's not worth staying at home for free when you're really sacrificing more than you should. If he really is your dad, he shouldn't treat you like that. You are stronger than you think you are."
    "Don't gorge on food. You will regret the way you look at 25."
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "STOP BEING A F**** IDIOT!" Then I would slap myself.
    I would also do the same to my 13 yr old self and my 16 yr old self. Those are about the time frames in my life I did some really stupid crap that has impacted my adult life.

Teenage girls WOW. So glad I decided to not have kids. I feel so bad for my mom.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Stay in college.
    Stop smoking weed and never try anything else.
    Stop smoking cigarettes now, it will be harder later.
    You're not as fat as your grandmother says you are.
    Don't marry Ed, he's a dirtbag and you'll be trapped in a terrible marriage for almost a decade before you can escape.
    You're gonna get thyroid cancer, don't sweat it, it's not that big a deal but have them put a drainage tube in.
    You're never gonna have kids. Get used to it.
    Don't get but one credit card and keep paying it off.
    If you keep drinking Mtn Dew and eating pizza like that you're gonna end up weighing nearly 400 lbs.
    Work out. Love it.
    Dad's gonna have a heart attack before he hits 50 but it's light and he'll be ok. It will happen on Halloween.
    Take care of your knees or they will hate you and make your life miserable.
    Amanda will be back and everything will be ok.:happy:
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I's be curious to hear what my 18 year old self would say to me. In some ways I was more "grown up" then. So I would tell myself:

Way to go for not frying your brain like many others. And for getting out of your small town, moving to a new country, and finding a career you love and respect! Also, you rock at standing up for yourself and your beliefs. You are so much stronger and more beautiful then you realize. You ARE going to be happy.

Then I would say:

Stop being so serious all the time. Stop acting too grown up. Lighten up! Try dating a few of those other nice guys, you ARE hot stuff. Go learn to be social. You need to learn to flirt back with boys. Don't be so grumpy and lethargic. Do something fun with your mom and dad and go outside and be active. Go to your cabin more. Ride your horse more. Play in the wilderness! Don't spend the second half of your 20's overweight. Stop following all the rules and learn how to break them without getting caught. Tell that boy you love how you really feel. Make amends with him before he's gone forever.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Learn how to eat, and don't trust a thing A. says.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    There are things I would love to change in hind sight.............. things I would have loved to tell myself back then. As much as I would love to change my 20's and the majority of my 30's..... I wouldn't change meeting my husband when I was 37. So as long as I can be back in the same place and time by my 37th birthday!

At 18...... study more and actually go to more classes in college.
    Be more careful in college... I thought I was indestructible back then and did some dumb stuff.
    After college, try to find a real job in another state. Move further away from Mom, you will have a better relationship that way.
    Exercise more. You were on the right track at one point.
    Don't date Jeff.... your instincts were right, you were better off as friends.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Invest in Microsoft!

^ Invest in Apple!

There, I fixed. :)
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pretty much change every decision. It will be ok in the end but it is going to be a long, hard road that you don't have to experience
  • Cndressing
    Cndressing Posts: 36
    Options
    you are in great shape don't stop exercising don't eat as much as neal does and keep loving him because you need each other. Life gets better, so keep being a cheap person because you will end up having more in the long run than those who scoff at ur cheapness. ^_^ So far I am proud of you, just keep exercising because christmas of 2011 u will be the heaviest u have ever been and u will be sad.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It will get easier.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    All those Dominos are sooo not worth it. Stop stressing about feeling awkward and go out and have fun - you think you're awkward because you're so hung up on it, truth is that most people aren't paying much attention to you anyway
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You will not be happy working in an office for the rest of your life. Forget what your teachers, parents, and fellow students tell you--you CAN walk away from a free ride to college to do what you actually want!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Don't drink a half bottle of tequila by yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    though i am only almost 20..
    i would tell myself
    tom is an amazing guy, dont let him be your 2nd option for the 3rd year in a row.
    quit working at dairy queen, they dont appreciate you and are sucking the life out of you. you work to hard with nothing to show for it. you could get a better paying job if you just looked around with more benefits.
    start saving money for college, stop spending all of your money on fast food and weed.
    also smoking cigarettes isnt cool, when you quit stop going back to it. (still havent quit... *sigh*)
    consider going to a college around where you are already from (i moved 100 miles away and tho i like it, i wish i wouldnt have started my life here.) i miss my family, but love my 'new family' at school etc.
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "You really should go to sleep..."

-me, right now, at 18