What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Love yourself.

Don't take everything so seriously.

Stop trying to be perfect.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If I were 18, I would tell myself to eat right, work out, be patient, you will find true love, you will marry, have children, be a citizen of the USA, you will be a college grad, friends will come and go, money will come and go, jobs will come and go, and LIFE WILL BE ALRIGHT. CHEERS.♥
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    buy land and leave the booze alone!!
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    Everything will be okay in the end....If is is not okay then it is not the end
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I'd give myself a pat on the back for quitting drugs. And I'd tell myself to stop letting people take me for granted because in 7 years, half of those people are dead anyway.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to work full-time right out of high school, go to college instead. Don't feel obligated to support your family, they are not your responsibility and will take advantage of you for YEARS.

The guy you're with is NOT the man you will spend your life with, so don't put so much of your heart into it.

Love yourself, you're worth it. =)
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to tell my future ex husband, "You're right, he's not your kid". Oh the problems that would have solved. Also, go to college. And stop listening to your mother, you are smart, pretty and capable of great things and most of all, you aren't fat.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    *Dump the loser and be a mingling single for the next 2 years. Your future husband is just around the corner.
    *You aren't nearly as fat or ugly as you think you are. In fact, you're awfully cute, even if you are a little chunky.
    *Don't major in journalism. It isn't for you. Find something else.
    *It doesn't make sense now, but next year, when your BFF asks if her other friend can move in with the two of you when you move to college, JUST SAY NO!
    *Also, don't do anything you wouldn't want your future daughter to ever do. (BTW- she'll be here when you're 24 & she'll be amazing.)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Get off the drugs.

Leave that *kitten* guy because within the next two years it only gets worse.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Dear Self,

I know if you are reading this I probably figured out a way to go back in time after I posted this on that weight loss site. Please listen to your future self. Stop smoking right now!!! No I mean it. It gets really expensive in the future. Start lifting weights and running. Oh and stay in college dont keep going to the stupid bar.

Oh and man ...Dont talk yourself out of the dreams you had go for them. You have the talent and the ability. Pick your camera back up and enjoy what you thought was stupid. That bike tour you want to do next year across the country...Do it.

The girls: They are there and they are looking. You shouldn't be so shy. They are waiting on you to say hi...Find yourself and say hi. Smile and talk to them. You have it in you.

Embrace your love for adventure. Try everything new that comes your way. Live Life.

Lastly Ill leave you with this quote...
    Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. - John Galt

One last thing. Invest in Apple dont invest in Facebook. Buy more guns never sell your motorcycle and Dont Go see Little Nicky or Master of Disguise.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Some of these posts are cracking me up!!! Ok my turn now....

Don't get out of the Navy at the end of your enlistment, dingbat! Or you are going to really regret it.
    Don't date that blonde idiot you meet at your Navy school. He's an *kitten*.
    You are going to get pregnant by a great guy. Love him like nothing else and don't screw it up.
    Go to college!!!!
    Get your driver license before you go in the Navy so you can get a car instead of having to walk everywhere.
    Take more pictures of your time in the Navy. You are going to miss those days and regret not having picture memories.
    And don't get that horrible perm again....it makes your hair look like you stick your fingers in light sockets.
    And when you start gaining weight, do something about it early so you don't end up 280 lbs at the age of 42.
    You are going to be diagnosed with MS. Deal with it.
  • jgardner38
    jgardner38 Posts: 70
    Options
    Don't get married in 1993...wait for the one in 2003....She's a keeper!!!
  • territhefrog
    Options
    Oh and keep your mouth shut in bootcamp....or you will be doing A LOT of push ups.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Don't get serious about that first boyfriend at Uni. Just have fun and more sex while its freely available! Keep exercising and don't eat too many late night currys because you are going to regret it!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Maybe this.

824-1.jpg
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Don't buy the timeshare next year, or move into a base house - trust me, both these will save you a fortune. After you have the baby, don't eat like you'll never eat again, even though being pregnant sucked. Don't eat so much mcdonald's when you're in Slovenia. Try to avoid the medical exam in Croatia, fight it. It will leave you feeling violated for a long time. Don't bother going to the ball in Slovenia, it's not worth it.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    When she asks, "do you want to beat daddy up the stairs"... say YES you JACK@$$!!!!
  • MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    The people you consider your friends now...well honey they aren't going to be around very long. Outside of going to the club with them you will see that you don't have much left in common anymore. Don't wait around for your friends to catch up to your mentality, or to hurry up and grow up so that you can not feel guilty about pursuing your own life! They will carry on in their dead end lives anyway...and they won't bother to really keep in touch and care about how you are anyway.

Do your research and find out what it is you REALLY love to do, because hopping from school to school and job to job isn't helping you discover that dream job. Live your life, go and travel! Give yourself some deadlines to enjoy life and then get on track with school and a career. Don't be afraid to pursue your dreams but go for them until you ACCOMPLISH them! Don't go to University, move to Toronto sooner! Or try to go to college in the US. Find ways to get where you want to go and GO GET IT!!! You have one life and you can't do everything. Pick something you can do well and let God use you in it.

Spend more time with your brother, build memories with him because in a few years you will experience the most devastating loss and will wish you had more quality time with him. Your dad will have two heart attacks, but he'll survive.

Quit smoking
    Stop taking birth control!!! (You aren't even sexually active and I think it contributes to your weight gain!)
    Get healthy, hit the gym hard and change your body.
    You are NOT fat, if you don't listen to me you WILL be.
    You are pretty, be confident in it!!
    The girl you were jealous of all throughout elementary school, who you wanted to look like, will tell you when you are 31 that she used to wish she looked like you all these years with your curves and sexy big hair...so be proud of your individuality!!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Flaunt it while you got it, no one cares about your stretch marks, they are too busy looking at other things.

Otherwise, I have no regrets.
  • territhefrog
    Options
    I think I am going to have my son read these. He's 20 and in the Army Reserves...which I am very proud of....but he needs to get a job and his own place.