Poll: How often do you step on the scale?

Options

Replies

• Christieherron8307
    Christieherron8307 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    everyday but i only track it once a week on Thursdays.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Only on Saturday morning after going to the bathroom...naked. Any more than that and I would drive myself insane!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    once per week
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Usually every morning because I like to. I only log when I see a loss.

This. I do log a big gain (if I know I've not being doing so well) but not if I know its just a fluctuation x
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Once a week. After my binge I'm too scared to step on it lately. I might wait until July to weigh again.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Once every 2 weeks, or so.
  • reservoirghost
    Options
    neeevverr not allowed to weigh myself
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Once a month and only for the sake of updating my BMR. I use the tape measure to gauge loss.
  • bloombio
    bloombio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    typically every morning, but that's not always possible when traveling, so I don't stress if i can't weigh myself. I found that if you weight yourself at different times in the day it makes a BIG difference, so I settled on in the morning before eating and after going to the bathroom. That way it's consistent for me
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day...I only record once a week but if I walk past the scale I generally weigh myself. I like that it is either a pat on the back for my hard work or a push to work harder.

This, but not everyday. I would say a good day or 2 is a couple of times and usually another time or 2 thruout the week. Usually 2 or 3 days, sometimes multiple times, depending if I need that encouragement or reality check, haha.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    on average twice a day, morning and before bed. Maybe a third time before a shower if that falls between hopping on the scales. At night I like to guess what it will be in the morning. If seeing weight fluctuations every day bothered me I might avoid it, but it doesn't. I can easily not get on. I only record a weight it if has been the same two mornings in a row though.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weighed 2x a week, on Wednesdays and Sundays but then when I hit my plateau and didn't lose anything for over 3 weeks, I started getting obsessive, weighing every morning sometimes 2x a morning waiting for my plateau to break and all of a sudden lose 2 lbs overnight like I've seen people write about. Still hasn't happened......... I know I need to chill and take it down a notch..
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I personally hate the scale and prefer to focus on NSV's. I do weight training so I'm pretty much replacing muscle for fat so my weight does not change much but I can see my body transforming. I weigh in once every two weeks! Sometimes the scale can be a huge appointment's so NSV's for me!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think of it as a science experiment, and I like to know how various foods and activities affect me and how fast they appear to burn. If it drives me crazy, then I stop for a bit. This helps keep me in line. If I didn't do it very often there's no telling how motivated I would stay. It's a personal thing preference, and everyone is different.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    About every 3-5 Days, it all depends on if I remember to. At first I weighed every day and the fluctuation was discouraging even though I was losing over all. I usually weigh first thing in the morning.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day. It actually keeps me from being frustrated about slow losses because at some point in the week I generally dip to a new low, which may or may not be visible on weigh in day. I don't log these weight fluctuations, but I like to see them!
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    I weigh myself about once or twice a year when I go to the doctor. Last year was more, since I was pregnant :smile:
    We don't own a scale. I just go by how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a month. I am way more interested in my measurements, and how my clothes fit. My body flucuates too much to weigh every week. I would get depressed if I didn't lose, or even more depressed if I gained!!!!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Tuesday morning, in the same spot.