ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I gained 15 and that was the wake up call I needed before I needed to lose hundred. Don't belittle someone for trying to make themselves healthier, regardless of their goal.

Exactly.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    No-- Siberian Husky-- 10yo male-- Bandit.

Aw he looks like a malamute pup. My parents just got one a bit ago, he's 7 months old and named Bear.

Beautiful dogs-- total pains in the patoot. If I had wanted another creature to selectively obey, I would've had another kid.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

What's my pet peeve, you ask?
    People that come on here spouting their intolerant opinions and then telling me to shut up.
    Girl, you better quit when you get within 5lbs of your goal.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    wow......then the people here to GAIN weight must just completely BLOW YOUR MIND LOL! Not trying to hate...but I really have to wonder if you don't have some personal issues that make you feel this way, Im here to talk if you need someone, and I won't rag on you....I want to be helpful to all. But really this is a fitness and health website for people with ALL TYPES of goals! I say better to have some kinda goal than non at all........and hey some people might do better with small goals one at a time rather than seeing a huge goal that they might not can process as achievable.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Aw he looks like a malamute pup. My parents just got one a bit ago, he's 7 months old and named Bear.

Beautiful dogs-- total pains in the patoot. If I had wanted another creature to selectively obey, I would've had another kid.

I know! Bear is such a brat and will argue with you about everything.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

I'm sooooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose weight. Come on. Especially when people are here trying to gain muscle and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm all about getting healthy & heavier, but losing weight?

Fact.

yes.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    My MAJOR PET PEEVE....

People that think they know best for others. Why not keep it to yourself and let others have their own FITNESS goals.

Well Said!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unbelievably selfish post.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

ha-- I love how vocal they are, though. Did you know "Chewbacca" was reportedly patterned on a malamute? Next time you watch Star Wars, think of Bear.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options

Someone told me it would get better when he hit 3, yeah he's calmer...but he still does what he wants when he wants... Good luck to your parents- puppyhood was torture, cute, but a lesson patience.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    here is my pet peeve...this morning I posted an unbelievably POSITIVE thread...you know who replied? one person....

but this thread gets eight pages....sheesh
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are making mini goals and just because it says 5 pounds, doesn't mean they don't want to lose 100?

I agree with this as I have more then 10 pounds to lose but mini goals are much easier to stay motivated to continue...
  • blondejester
    Options
    everyone has different goals that they want to achieve. five pounds might be a lot for someone, you don't know them so let them do what they want to do.
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sex is not on the exercise list!! It burns calories.

I use wrestling ... :wink:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

There's one I have seen several times at obedience trials doing some of the very upper level obedience work, so they're not all brats. They can be very sweet, even if difficult to train.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    here is my pet peeve...this morning I posted an unbelievably POSITIVE thread...you know who replied? one person....

but this thread gets eight pages....sheesh

OMG!!LOL THIS! I see this all the time!!! With my own post as well as others!! Give me a link to your post so I can check it out and comment!!! :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

What's my pet peeve, you ask?
    People that come on here spouting their intolerant opinions and then telling me to shut up.
    Girl, you better quit when you get within 5lbs of your goal.

lol, yea, I like that OP came to a public forum, shared her irk, but told us to keep our hate mail to ourselves, because she was just sharing her opinion, which IS all good and dandy (even if I don't agree with it), but be ready for everyone else's opinions, too.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

ha-- I love how vocal they are, though. Did you know "Chewbacca" was reportedly patterned on a malamute? Next time you watch Star Wars, think of Bear.

Great, now I have to watch Star Wars lmao.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to track how much weight you want to gain using your ticker. :( Mine reads "o". Yes this is a fitness site not just weight loss. One of my friends (Puffy) said so. Believe it or not there are some of us struggling to gain and keep weight. It is sooo frustrating and makes you sad to see you've lost x amount of weight. I just can't afford to lose. I came here to get help, tips, and support to meet this serious goal.

I think it's strange that you can set a weight gain goal, but it does not track the number of pounds you gain. Have you tried submitting a topic about it in the help section?
  • 1000DIET
    1000DIET Posts: 2
    Options
    Maybe 5# is all they need. Maybe they have lost weight last year & they do not want is sneaking back on?
    It is much harder when you are older to keep your weight the same.
    MFP it is a great food log & exercise log. Everyone has the right to use it.
This discussion has been closed.