ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Replies

• megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    I didn't realize that the site was called MMWLP- My Major Weight Loss Pal. Fitness can mean major weight loss, minor weight loss, toning, a better lifestyle, maintaining, gaining, looking for like minded people, people to emulate, etc. I didn't realize I was undeserving of being here because I've already hurdled larger weight losses and have a few more to go and lots of improvement to be had with a healthier lifestyle.
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

Pretty sure you mean crucified. Unless you became a crucifix....

oh my bad... thanks for noticing my error.. Grammar police always rocks!

SEE!!! but I'm petty? lol **dies laughing**
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Really??
    So someone needs to gain X amount of pounds before they can decide they have a problem and need to change their eating and fitness habits?

I joined this site because I had put on some weight and I wasn't happy with myself. My old way of doing things was to starve myself (didn't have an eating disorder per say, more like disordered eating, if that makes any sense), then I found myfitnesspal, which helped me figure out I could lose the weight in a healthy way.

The point of this site is to become more fit... even if you aren't trying to lose weight... There is nothing wrong with watching what you put in your mouth and exercising at any weight!

Why does it always come down to "fat" vs "thin" so often on these forums? People should be encouraging eachother to do the best they can instead of belittling them for their body size.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Well played OP, well played.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member
    You never know how ignorant people are until they start a "Topic"
    *pats on head and send down the road*

YEP. And hopefully her "friends" will see this topic and delete her ignorant self.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

you have to admit, it was funny! But, you know who else rocks? Judgmental people! woo hoo!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member

Are you ready for what is about to happen????

:laugh: Ohhh boy...
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Ignorant? Really. I didn't know, thanks for letting me know! What would I do without you?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Negativity of some people.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Just because my ticker says I'm looking to lose 5 lbs, doesn't mean I haven't already lost a lot. I reset it recently after losing over 30 lbs. Don't be quick to judge.

THIS

And THIS:
    So don't friend them. But if you do, you may learn something. People that have 5lbs to lose will have a lot of value to you when you get down to your last 5 lbs. It gets harder, not easier.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

RIP
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member

coloringpages-rip-ghost-2.gif
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Somebody PLEASE pass me the popcorn :noway:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    You do realize this is a FITNESS website, not just a weight loss site?

This, Ontario HOLLA!
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    You never know how ignorant people are until they start a "Topic"
    *pats on head and send down the road*

YEP. And hopefully her "friends" will see this topic and delete her ignorant self.

^^This :laugh:
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Why waste any of your energy on what other people are doing? Focus on your own issues.
    I only have a small amount left to lose, but I lost plenty before joining. I am trying to make sure I get enough protein and let the last couple of pounds come off whenever they do.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    I need to lose 5 lbs
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Ignorant? Really. I didn't know, thanks for letting me know! What would I do without you?

OP, she was talking to the person wanting to become a crucifix. Chillax.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Sex is not on the exercise list!! It burns calories.

Can I get an AMEN somebody!! Thats what Im talking about!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    my pet peeve is people who bash one another on forums when people ask for advice or a specfic want in a friend. we are all adults with one common goal get healthy and fit. so why can't we all act that way.
This discussion has been closed.