ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Will you feel the same when you have only 5 to go? How do you feel about those counting to gain?

After all, it is My "Fitness" Pal. And fitness isn't all about weight, ya know.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    My pet peeve are posts in all caps. The caps lock key is located in the middle row, left side of your keyboard. It acts like a toggle switch - ON/off. Try it.

As for the 5lbs, who cares if that is a goal of someone? I weight 210, want to get to 200. Someone else who is smaller weighs 110, and has a goal of 105. Same % of weight to lose, but because mine is 10 and theirs is 5, that upsets you?

Seriously?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    then people like me who came to gain healthy weight must really get your panties twisted.....
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

I'm sooooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose weight. Come on. Especially when people are here trying to gain muscle and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm all about getting healthy & heavier, but losing weight?

Fact.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And *gasp* ...SOME people on here are trying to GAIN weight...

Sometimes, you should keep your opinions to yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Awwww, don't peeve on the -5lb'ers. I LONG for the day when I am a -5lb'er.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    ALL CAPS! SHE MUST BE MAD!

aaaa-Oh-You-Mad.jpg

i have about 8 left to get to 50! friggen 50!

and i will YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for every single one.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I gained 15 and that was the wake up call I needed before I needed to lose hundred. Don't belittle someone for trying to make themselves healthier, regardless of their goal.

Agree!
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate! :laugh:

Or maybe: Trollers gonna troll?!?
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    I wish there was a way to track how much weight you want to gain using your ticker. :( Mine reads "o". Yes this is a fitness site not just weight loss. One of my friends (Puffy) said so. Believe it or not there are some of us struggling to gain and keep weight. It is sooo frustrating and makes you sad to see you've lost x amount of weight. I just can't afford to lose. I came here to get help, tips, and support to meet this serious goal.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I joined to gain 1 pound. Can I have a hug?

How about a cookie? :smile:
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just here to annoy you. Glad to meet you!
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    Options
    My pet peeve is seeing posts about nothing (such as this) pop up in my most recent list.
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow --- It's not all about huge weight losses ..
    Not like you've got tons of weight to go either ... what will happen when you have 5 lbs left to go???? You'll be in the same boat ... Keep your nasty opinions to yourself.

nothing nasty about it. not intended to belittle anyone but it just irks me, that's all.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I guess I better deactivate my account. GMAFB.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    YUP, what's your pet peeve?
    Pettiness.

I lol'd.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You may see someones goal at 5 pounds, how do you know they didnt already lose 50 pounds before they found this site? I lost 22 lbs before I found this website...I have 1 pound left to get to my goal. And I'm still here. Just b/c people don't have hundreds of pounds to lose doesn't mean we don't belong here. B/c people who don't have much to lose work just as hard to lose the last 5-10 pounds as someone who has 50-100 pounds to lose. It's called myFITNESSpal..not myHUGEWEIGHTLOSSpal....ps: my biggest pet peeve..people with rude nasty comments who think they're better than everyone else
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I joined to gain 1 pound. Can I have a hug?

bhahahah! love this!

your pet peeve sucks, but I HATE that this site doesn't have notifications
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So why exactly does a 5lb weightloss goal 'irk' you?
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    then people like me who came to gain healthy weight must really get your panties twisted.....

LOL!!! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.