ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WTF.

all caps, spelling mistakes. creepers. spank bank collectors.

there's sooo many...losing only 5lbs is not up there on my list. But I'll tell 'ya. This 5lbs i want to lose can kiss my *kitten*.
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me when people use the site to lose 5 pounds. I mean 5 or 100, either way-good for them!

^ I agree. 1lb, 5lbs, 50+lbs so what!? People are here to get healthier - and for some that even means gaining weight. Why does it concern/bother you so much what other people's goals are? Just focus on yourself and being the best you that you can be!!! :)

As far as my pet peeve - I wish MFP had a 'like' button haha. And I wish people were kinder on the forums in general.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to track how much weight you want to gain using your ticker. :( Mine reads "o". Yes this is a fitness site not just weight loss. One of my friends (Puffy) said so. Believe it or not there are some of us struggling to gain and keep weight. It is sooo frustrating and makes you sad to see you've lost x amount of weight. I just can't afford to lose. I came here to get help, tips, and support to meet this serious goal.

I'm glad we met and you will not let people like this discourage you from your goal to get healthy! Hugs, sweetie!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I joined to gain 1 pound. Can I have a hug?

No, but you can have the 3lbs I'm still try to lose :laugh:
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bring my damn sammich!

I also take coffee creme brulee and/or peanut butter cookies as big as my face.

getting right on that!!! :huh:
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    So why exactly does a 5lb weightloss goal 'irk' you?
    antagonist :tongue:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    clutching my pearls right now

i hope this isn't seriously
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I guess I better deactivate my account. GMAFB.

lmfao! So, does that stand for Gettin' me a Facebook??
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Out of all the stupid *kitten* on this site, and that's your pet peeve?! :huh:

People who are always worried about what other's are doing. That's my pet peeve.
  • RenRenO
    RenRenO Posts: 8
    Options
    Understood!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In before the lock, wish I had the gif of the the dude eating popcorn. Think I"m gonna need to look that one up.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My one major pet peeve about mfp is that stupid topics like this one with no useful information get more attention than good topics which die out in 10 posts.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Sex is not on the exercise list!! It burns calories.

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    I wish there was a way to track how much weight you want to gain using your ticker. :( Mine reads "o". Yes this is a fitness site not just weight loss. One of my friends (Puffy) said so. Believe it or not there are some of us struggling to gain and keep weight. It is sooo frustrating and makes you sad to see you've lost x amount of weight. I just can't afford to lose. I came here to get help, tips, and support to meet this serious goal.

I'm glad we met and you will not let people like this discourage you from your goal to get healthy! Hugs, sweetie!

me too you are a great lady. :) Sorry couldn't remember your whole name.
    Nope I won't be discouraged. I also used Pandorian's fix and gained more calories yay!!
    Hugs to you dearie and take care
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wow --- It's not all about huge weight losses ..
    Not like you've got tons of weight to go either ... what will happen when you have 5 lbs left to go???? You'll be in the same boat ... Keep your nasty opinions to yourself.

nothing nasty about it. not intended to belittle anyone but it just irks me, that's all.

Is 5 the cutoff? I mean, if someone has 6 to lose, is that okay but 5 is irksome? Have you thought about why it irks you?
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

But my goal is roughly 5 pounds!

I am going to de-activate and go to www.myfivepoundgoal.com

:sad:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    WTF.

all caps, spelling mistakes. creepers. spank bank collectors.

there's sooo many...losing only 5lbs is not up there on my list. But I'll tell 'ya. This 5lbs i want to lose can kiss my *kitten*.

Its a noble and time honored profession.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    In before the lock, wish I had the gif of the the dude eating popcorn. Think I"m gonna need to look that one up.

Great idea....***rummaging through my desk for a packet of m/w popcorn...*** Pass the salt, please.
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My pet peeeve is when everyone just says WTG, great burn, way to stay under your calorie goal. But they never look at the diary, the person has a blocked diary, the diary shows they ate tons of fat or all unhealty fast food. Be freaking honest with me....like:

Why the Hell are you eating all that fast food!!! Or are you an Alcoholic you drink everyday!!!!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I appreciate what you're saying and empathize with you. But to those of us with ten or less pounds to lose, that goals is just as important to us, just as hard to get to, as yours. Some of us have lost many pounds and are down to five. Others just simply have five or ten or whatever. This site is not the property of those with large amounts of weight to lose. In fact, it's a fitness site as much as a weight loss site.
This discussion has been closed.