Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    165ish

Depressed, ashamed, very unmotivated, felt like no one could see anything good in me. Hated every little thing I wore. Felt like I was worth nothing. Jean shopping reduced me to tears.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Highest weight 285, had to buy a dress for a formal military event, I cried in the dressing room and was so thankful the event was canceled, today 60 pounds gone, another formal military event sent me shopping, this time I twirled in the dress like a little girl! Can't wait to wear it!

Thats awesome to go shopping and come away feeling good, yay you!!! Have lots and lots of fun!!:wink:
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest was 190 and I felt disgusting, gross, embarrassed.... My stomach always hurt, I always felt sick.. just terrible.

How do you feel now??? your picture looks great :smile:
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    370. I felt stuck. I felt as though I was trying to live a life that didn't fit me. I never felt as fat as I was, and I just didn't "get" the limitations I was experiencing. I WANTED to do things, but I COULDN'T without wheezing, hurting, swelling... I just turned 28 two weeks ago! I shouldn't FEEL like this!!!I felt ignorant, and I was, about nutrition, about how my body worked, about what I needed to live well. I was irritated that I had no choices in clothes, that everything was ugly, the size of a tent... I was tired of taking what I was handed, because I didn't have any other options. I was tired of sitting at home, wishing that I could go places and lead an exciting life. I was embarrassed at having to look into restaurants to see if I could fit my *kitten* into their chairs! And I hated shopping online, but couldn't fit regular plus size clothes. I'd grown even too large for that! And despite the fact that I "carried it well", I was still so huge that I couldn't even go to a store and buy an outfit without coming home in tears, hating myself and what I had become.

I was angry. Angry at myself for getting so fat, angry at doctors ignoring me in the beginning when I began to gain weight rapidly, and they brushed me off, angry with my husband for "accepting me" for being fat. You name it, I probably could have blamed them.

I finally started to accept who I was as a fat person, to be fat without hating myself, to be happy despite the horrible condition I was in, and that was my first step to motivation. If I hadn't begun to love myself, I'd be 50 lbs heavier, and stuck sitting on my couch trying to get a deep breath.

Now, I feel overjoyed. I have SO much energy. I chase my friend's kids, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. I can pivot and move easier, I've done yoga for six months even though I'm still over 300 lbs. I feel sexier, and I feel that I have options finally when it comes to fashion, when it comes to my life. I don't have to live in a closed off world. I've finally began to live in a world of truth, because instead of blaming every failure on "It's because I'm fat...", I can find out what's truly wrong with me, and fix it.

I'm SO hopeful, SO optimistic. Instead of saying "I wish I could do ___" I've begun to say "I can't wait until I can do ___!!!"
  • cdc33
    Options
    Pros: My boobs were the biggest they have ever or will ever be.
    Cons: So was everything else.

I would love to go back to a bra size B and a way smaller size. great job on your weight loss :bigsmile:
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was while I was pregnant (just had my son in January) and it was 288. My pre-pregnancy weight was 270 (which was the highest I had been up until that point too). Before I had gotten pregnant I had just started exercising to try and lose weight and then got pregnant and so sick I could barely function. I had already felt like a stuffed sausage because nothing fit right and I was tired a lot. Then when I was pregnant my belly got HUGE when I hit my 3rd trimester and even the biggest size maternity clothes in the store were not comfortable. I got pre-ecclampsia (for the second time), I had bad pelvic issues from my weight and the size of the baby and was pretty much on bed rest a lot of my pregnancy. Ended up with an emergency c-section and felt so defeated because a lot of it was related to the state of my health and my weight.

Now I weigh 252 and I feel sooo much better and when I don't feel like exercising, I think back to my pregnancy when I COULDN'T exercise and I count my blessings. I've never been able to lose weight like this before and it feels amazing.
  • cdc33
    Options
    Until I crossed the 190 threshold, I was in denial. Once I hit that, I realized my sluggishness and exhaustion were most likely coming from my poor physical condition. Also, I had to go up a size in clothes. I am tall and work in a professional environment. Clothes for work are not cheap. Shopping for fat clothes depressed me.

I haven't lost much yet, but replacing junk with fresh fruits and veggies and keeping calories in check has made me feel much better. I guess I needed a good detox.

Good for you putting you first keep up the great choices!!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    165ish

Depressed, ashamed, very unmotivated, felt like no one could see anything good in me. Hated every little thing I wore. Felt like I was worth nothing. Jean shopping reduced me to tears.

I so badly want a sexy pair of jeans:frown: how do you feel now?
  • cdc33
    Options
    370. I felt stuck. I felt as though I was trying to live a life that didn't fit me. I never felt as fat as I was, and I just didn't "get" the limitations I was experiencing. I WANTED to do things, but I COULDN'T without wheezing, hurting, swelling... I just turned 28 two weeks ago! I shouldn't FEEL like this!!!I felt ignorant, and I was, about nutrition, about how my body worked, about what I needed to live well. I was irritated that I had no choices in clothes, that everything was ugly, the size of a tent... I was tired of taking what I was handed, because I didn't have any other options. I was tired of sitting at home, wishing that I could go places and lead an exciting life. I was embarrassed at having to look into restaurants to see if I could fit my *kitten* into their chairs! And I hated shopping online, but couldn't fit regular plus size clothes. I'd grown even too large for that! And despite the fact that I "carried it well", I was still so huge that I couldn't even go to a store and buy an outfit without coming home in tears, hating myself and what I had become.

I was angry. Angry at myself for getting so fat, angry at doctors ignoring me in the beginning when I began to gain weight rapidly, and they brushed me off, angry with my husband for "accepting me" for being fat. You name it, I probably could have blamed them.

I finally started to accept who I was as a fat person, to be fat without hating myself, to be happy despite the horrible condition I was in, and that was my first step to motivation. If I hadn't begun to love myself, I'd be 50 lbs heavier, and stuck sitting on my couch trying to get a deep breath.

Now, I feel overjoyed. I have SO much energy. I chase my friend's kids, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. I can pivot and move easier, I've done yoga for six months even though I'm still over 300 lbs. I feel sexier, and I feel that I have options finally when it comes to fashion, when it comes to my life. I don't have to live in a closed off world. I've finally began to live in a world of truth, because instead of blaming every failure on "It's because I'm fat...", I can find out what's truly wrong with me, and fix it.

I'm SO hopeful, SO optimistic. Instead of saying "I wish I could do ___" I've begun to say "I can't wait until I can do ___!!!"

Wow very well put I feel you!!! Congrats on the weight loss I know how hard it is to lose weight and you have done an outstanding job. feel free to add me as a friend if you like cheers:drinker:
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was while I was pregnant (just had my son in January) and it was 288. My pre-pregnancy weight was 270 (which was the highest I had been up until that point too). Before I had gotten pregnant I had just started exercising to try and lose weight and then got pregnant and so sick I could barely function. I had already felt like a stuffed sausage because nothing fit right and I was tired a lot. Then when I was pregnant my belly got HUGE when I hit my 3rd trimester and even the biggest size maternity clothes in the store were not comfortable. I got pre-ecclampsia (for the second time), I had bad pelvic issues from my weight and the size of the baby and was pretty much on bed rest a lot of my pregnancy. Ended up with an emergency c-section and felt so defeated because a lot of it was related to the state of my health and my weight.

Now I weigh 252 and I feel sooo much better and when I don't feel like exercising, I think back to my pregnancy when I COULDN'T exercise and I count my blessings. I've never been able to lose weight like this before and it feels amazing.

your doing so great!!! its so motivating see everyone on here trying there very best. All the best to you in your weight loss journey:smile:
  • Kyhar32
    Kyhar32 Posts: 9
    Options
    My heighest weight was 285 pounds in sept 2010 I felt fat, lazy, ugly, disappointmented in myself, uncomfortable in my own skin, I hated to go out as I would always think people where looking at me thinking look at that fat girl. I will never forget when it clicked that I needed to do something it also felt great to hit 199 pounds Im now 205 gained 40 during pregnancy (235) and have lost 30 of it I can not wait to hit 199 pounds again.
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    My highest was 331 and I felt like a monster....so very far from normal.
  • cdc33
    Options
    My heighest weight was 285 pounds in sept 2010 I felt fat, lazy, ugly, disappointmented in myself, uncomfortable in my own skin, I hated to go out as I would always think people where looking at me thinking look at that fat girl. I will never forget when it clicked that I needed to do something it also felt great to hit 199 pounds Im now 205 gained 40 during pregnancy (235) and have lost 30 of it I can not wait to hit 199 pounds again.

you have done a fantasitc job at your weight loss and it great to se that you are so commited to yourself congrats!!:smile:
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest was 331 and I felt like a monster....so very far from normal.

your weight loss is fabulous!! how do you feel now??
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    264 - hated myself and wont leven look in the mirror.

Down almost 75 pounds now and I am more happy with myself and motivated to keep doing what im doing :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I felt bad about myself, depressed, ashamed, insecure...and wanted to shy away from people.

Now I', 99 pounds lighter....and I feel good about myself, positive, secure, have lots of energy, and friendly
  • brittmarie62
    brittmarie62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my highest weight 150, was very uncomfortable and unhappy.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    255. And that was the same day my husband proposed to me so the emotions were mixed, of course. I was happy to know that I was accepted no matter what I weighed but miserable knowing i couldn't be energetic with him. I ultimately ended up weighing about that much when we got married and was depressed....

TOTALLY feel tons better now and my husband is so proud of me.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm about 5'6 and my highest weight was somewhere around at least 176 lbs. It may have even been closer to 180 some days. I hated the scale back then. Getting dressed to go out was the worst! At 165 I could still disguise the trouble spots and pull off some cute looks, but with the extra 10 lbs on top of that, nothing looked right. I'm pretty apple shaped, so I don't gain as much weight in my legs. So I knew things were out of hand when my pants stopped fitting.
    Now I'm a little under 160 and I'm amazed at what a difference 15 lbs makes. When I think about it, sometimes I get frustrated that I went unchecked for so long (i gained 20 lbs in less than a year.) It seems so silly that I let myself be unhappy with my body for so many months and in just three months I have made such a turnaround. Why didn't I do this sooner?! Lol.
    I have a long way to go, but I'm so much happier now that I'm eating better, working out regularly and wearing things I haven't been able to wear in over a year, plus being able to buy things that I wouldn't have dared to try on.

OP: Your progress so far is amazing, and I'm sure you have the motivation to keep going and ultimately reach your goal. =]
  • kmaddox1969
    kmaddox1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What a great bunch of people with great motivating stories. I am so happy to be a part of this program. My higest weight three and half years ago was 280 with my last pregnancy and it was very hard on my 5'5" frame my hips hurt so bad and it was very hard to walk. When I started on this website I was at 238 and I am down 9 pounds in 7 weeks which makes me feel awesome about the accomplishment. I know that a lot of my recent success is because of this website and the motivation that I get from the AWESOME people out here. May you all continue to be strong on your journey's to health - happier - sexier- you. Hope to see you around.:flowerforyou: