Highest weight how you felt

Options
cdc33
cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
Just wondering how others felt at there highest weight. My highest weight was 326lbs I know right!! I felt awful just terrible Im down 59lbs and lots to go but Im losing the weight and gaining the confidents how about you guys?

Replies

• LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Awful, depressed, ashamed, insecure.
  • cdc33
    Options

How do you feel now?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 170 lbs...and I've been told "that's not that overweight" or "well you've never REALLY been fat" but to me, on my frame, that was when I felt like I was out of control. I am 5'3" and have a very small frame. When I saw that number on the scale I was horrified and I thought "How did I let it get this bad??" I gained a lot of weight while pregnant (went from about 125 to 190!) and then just never really did much to lose it afterward. I went down to about 150 for a while then slowly it crept back up to 170 this past winter and I just felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself.

I'm SO thankful for MFP, because without this site I'd probably still be that person. ETA: Today, I'm so proud of my accomplishments and have actually learned to appreciate my own hard work. While I'm not at my goal yet, I can honestly say I've begun to love my body again.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    other than pregnancy.. 157. felt like a lard *kitten*.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was happy at my highest weight. Ignorance is bliss! I didn't care much for my long-term health, I liked the way my body looked and I was comfortable with who I was.

Only as I've improved my health and fitness and lost weight have I started seeing my flaws, and things I'm not happy with.

I've always had very high self-esteem and self-confidence, but losing weight made me start to make me notice the physical things I wasn't keen on. Now, I'm reaching a better level of fitness and becoming happier with the physical side again.
  • cdc33
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next! I want to stop dressing my friends in the clothes I want to wear you know what I mean?
  • cdc33
    Options
    I was happy at my highest weight. Ignorance is bliss! I didn't care much for my long-term health, I liked the way my body looked and I was comfortable with who I was.

Only as I've improved my health and fitness and lost weight have I started seeing my flaws, and things I'm not happy with.

I've always had very high self-esteem and self-confidence, but losing weight made me start to make me notice the physical things I wasn't keen on. Now, I'm reaching a better level of fitness and becoming happier with the physical side again.

sure is like a roller coaster learning to like our self at different stages in our life, its hard but youseem to be doing so great:flowerforyou:
  • Sdewhizzle
    Sdewhizzle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next! I want to stop dressing my friends in the clothes I want to wear you know what I mean?

Same. I love fashion, "window shopping" for clothes is one of my biggest motivations :)
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 170 lbs...and I've been told "that's not that overweight" or "well you've never REALLY been fat" but to me, on my frame, that was when I felt like I was out of control. I am 5'3" and have a very small frame. When I saw that number on the scale I was horrified and I thought "How did I let it get this bad??" I gained a lot of weight while pregnant (went from about 125 to 190!) and then just never really did much to lose it afterward. I went down to about 150 for a while then slowly it crept back up to 170 this past winter and I just felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself.

I'm SO thankful for MFP, because without this site I'd probably still be that person. ETA: Today, I'm so proud of my accomplishments and have actually learned to appreciate my own hard work. While I'm not at my goal yet, I can honestly say I've begun to love my body again.

Its great that you know where you feel good, others can say you look fine but it all in how you feel. Keep up the great work !!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Highest I've been was 215 and I felt like a baked potato chip. (now 182)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    At the time I felt ok. I just knew I was approaching a weight I was uncomfortable with. Looking back now, 35 pounds down I was in total denial and living in my own little world.
  • cdc33
    Options

after losing your weight how does it compare?
  • cdc33
    Options
    At the time I felt ok. I just knew I was approaching a weight I was uncomfortable with. Looking back now, 35 pounds down I was in total denial and living in my own little world.

I know what you mean can you believe that I was 326 for awhile!!! everything hurt and still it took me a while to wake up! so glad Ive woken up and am on this weight loss journey.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

after losing your weight how does it compare?

It feels great! Just the feeling of accomplishment has no comparison, but not only that, the healthy life and not having to bear that extra meat on my waist it really improved my overall life. It's a motivation.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options

How do you feel now?

Fit, healthy, happy, confident :) oh and sexy
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

This! I was just going through the motions shopping at the big girl store-dreading any dress-up function! My highest was 237ish, just like Oprah. My husband and I grew together so it was normal. Its only now that I can run, hike, learning to swim, keeping up with my teenagers and IT FEELS SO GOOD!

PS: i had 4 kids under 5 years old and I wish I was one of these jogging stroller mommies!
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I reached nearly 190lbs! I was 16 and ashamed at how I looked! I was embarrassed to go shopping with my friends, go swimming with my class. It was horrible. Teenage years are.said to be some of the best in life and here I was, trapped in my body! thank god I have changed my ways! I'm still learning about nutrition.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Highest i've seen was 302 (was probably more to be honest, this is easily my most successful weight loss campaign to date). I was oblivious, you couldn't tell me i was a pound over 250.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Officially 289, but most likely 300-315. I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't want to play with my kids. I had 2 or 3 things I could fit into. I was miserable. I will NEVER go back.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    180lbs and about 5'2" at the time. Completely and utterly miserable, antisocial, aggressive, and generally just really cut-off from everybody.

I'm 130lbs and 5'3.5" now, and dear god looking back I just want to go give myself a hug. I was so unhappy.