Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 252 and although at the time I didn't think I was unhappy, I realize now that I was. I was also so ashamed of how I looked and/or the fact I had no energy, that I basically hid out at home.

Now, at 136 pounds, I feel better, have more energy, I'm happier, and I love (LOVE) being out and about. Everyone that new me before also say I'm much more outgoing! :happy:
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I reached nearly 190lbs! I was 16 and ashamed at how I looked! I was embarrassed to go shopping with my friends, go swimming with my class. It was horrible. Teenage years are.said to be some of the best in life and here I was, trapped in my body! thank god I have changed my ways! I'm still learning about nutrition.

I think we will always learning to eat better but looks like you are happy and are doing good cheers to you!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Disgusting @ 209. I vow never to get there again. Ever.
    And because I'm tall, I got away with it, to some extent. No one believes I was that heavy.
  • cdc33
    Options
    I want to dress in clothes I actually love not just the ones that fit for my size thats my goal next! I want to stop dressing my friends in the clothes I want to wear you know what I mean?

This! I was just going through the motions shopping at the big girl store-dreading any dress-up function! My highest was 237ish, just like Oprah. My husband and I grew together so it was normal. Its only now that I can run, hike, learning to swim, keeping up with my teenagers and IT FEELS SO GOOD!

PS: i had 4 kids under 5 years old and I wish I was one of these jogging stroller mommies!

HEY FRIEND!!!

I wish I could be one of those mommies 2!! my hubby and I grew together tooo!! Im a lucky woman my man loves me at every size I have been!
  • cdc33
    Options
    Highest i've seen was 302 (was probably more to be honest, this is easily my most successful weight loss campaign to date). I was oblivious, you couldn't tell me i was a pound over 250.

Been there I use to tell myself I didnt look 326 I was more like 290 in my head. so glad I awoke from that fantacy land :embarassed:
  • cdc33
    Options
    Officially 289, but most likely 300-315. I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't want to play with my kids. I had 2 or 3 things I could fit into. I was miserable. I will NEVER go back.

wow your weight loss is fantastic!!!! I hope to be where you are one day how long did it take you to lose the weight?
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Awful, depressed, ashamed, insecure.

This
  • cdc33
    Options

This

How do you feel now and where are you in your weight loss?
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    My highest was 207 that I know of. I am now 146 after 460days here at MFP(Proud)....and honestly I didn't feel sad or anything...Always have had confidence...and always stayed in front of a camara...but I found shopping was horrible and when i almost had to go to 16 I was done.... It's ok to be sick and tired....This is a lifestyle...we must push to make changes...Good luck to you!
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest was 207 that I know of. I am now 146 after 460days here at MFP(Proud)....and honestly I didn't feel sad or anything...Always have had confidence...and always stayed in front of a camara...but I found shopping was horrible and when i almost had to go to 16 I was done.... It's ok to be sick and tired....This is a lifestyle...we must push to make changes...Good luck to you!

Thanks I hope to match the outside with the person on the inside I do know It will take time. You have done a fantastic job and I love your picture very sassy. All the best to you too!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how others felt at there highest weight. My highest weight was 326lbs I know right!! I felt awful just terrible Im down 59lbs and lots to go but Im losing the weight and gaining the confidents how about you guys?

High five girl! Way to take back yourself!

I started right where you did. I was plain sad. Trapped. Didn't want to leave my house. I had nothing to talk about. Nothing to do. I hurt. I cried. I took 3 antidepressants a day.

Now.... Complete 180 most days. I worked hard for this. I'm proud of myself again. And feeling like rocking my 30s! ;)
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 170 lbs...and I've been told "that's not that overweight" or "well you've never REALLY been fat" but to me, on my frame, that was when I felt like I was out of control. I am 5'3" and have a very small frame. When I saw that number on the scale I was horrified and I thought "How did I let it get this bad??" I gained a lot of weight while pregnant (went from about 125 to 190!) and then just never really did much to lose it afterward. I went down to about 150 for a while then slowly it crept back up to 170 this past winter and I just felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself.

^^^This is almost EXACTLY my story. My last two pregnancies, each time that I saw 170 on the scale, I went into weight loss mode.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options

This

How do you feel now and where are you in your weight loss?

I'm getting there :-)
  • cdc33
    Options
    Just wondering how others felt at there highest weight. My highest weight was 326lbs I know right!! I felt awful just terrible Im down 59lbs and lots to go but Im losing the weight and gaining the confidents how about you guys?

High five girl! Way to take back yourself!

I started right where you did. I was plain sad. Trapped. Didn't want to leave my house. I had nothing to talk about. Nothing to do. I hurt. I cried. I took 3 antidepressants a day.

Now.... Complete 180 most days. I worked hard for this. I'm proud of myself again. And feeling like rocking my 30s! ;)
    \

thanks!!! How long has it taken you to get where you are now? very inspiring and its always encouraging to know someone who has been where I am thanks for sharing!
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    At my highest in 2006 I think I was around 370. I went for a physical for a security dispatching job and all I remember thinking "At least it wasn't 400 pounds". I was ignorant, didn't think I was in that bad of shape, wasn't happy with myself, but wasn't mad about it either. In 2007 I had a hernia operation, was supposed to be in & out, instead I was kept over night because my sugar was sky high. This is when I changed doctors, got on oral medications and tried to get it under control. Fast forward to April 2011. Sugar had been up and down with the weight. My weight at the time of this appointment was 347, just barley able to get weighed by his scale (only went to 350). Doctor wasn't liking what he was seeing and was going to give me another 4 months of oral meds and if it didn't come under control we were going to talk about insulin. Well, no way in HELL was I going to be jabbing myself with needle. May 2011 I found this site by recommendation of a friend and now a year later and 71 pounds lighter here I am. Still on the oral meds, but a lower dose and hoping to be off of them at my next appointment in August. Def feeling better, will feel great when I hit goal weight!!!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 267 and I felt like *kitten*. I almost never looked in the mirror.
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right now >> I feel horrible, sad/depressed/ a failure because I'm at my highest weight which ISN'T that high to others, but for my body frame, it just doesnt look great esp since its in the tummy area ya know?!

I'm hoping once I drop the extra pds, I'll be back to feeling a LOT more confident and comfortable with my body
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options

I had stopped feeling totally.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    uncomfortable