Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    I'm at the highest i've ever been (around 205) and I can say that up until I started working out a couple weeks ago I felt terrible. Ashamed. Depressed. Hopeless. Hated myself. I felt out of control. I felt disgusting, hideous, ugly. You name it. The worst feeling though was looking in the mirror and not feeling like myself.

Now that I'm working out I feel a lot less of all those things mostly because I know I've made a change to fix all that to get MYSELF back. :)

Great job taking you back!!! keep up the great job:smile: we will get there one day at a time:happy:
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    My highest weight was ~415 or so, not sure the actual as my scales didnt go that high. I felt really HEAVY!
  • cdc33
    Options
    130 lbs on 5'3".

I felt horrible, and constantly said horrible things about myself.

I'm so grateful to this site because I'm actually finding things I not only like, but love, about myself.

your very close to your goal, great job!!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The highest number I ever saw on the scale was 299 lbs. I felt sluggish, I had poorly controlled asthma and I was scared of becoming diabetic. When my doctor test my A1C at only 16 years old I knew that I had to change. Its been a long road (I'm almost 23 now) but I'm down over 100 lbs and I'm in better physical condition than I ever thought was possible.
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was ~415 or so, not sure the actual as my scales didnt go that high. I felt really HEAVY!

where are you now in your weight loss journey and how do you feel now?
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was 390 or so. I felt fat.
  • cdc33
    Options
    :happy:
    The highest number I ever saw on the scale was 299 lbs. I felt sluggish, I had poorly controlled asthma and I was scared of becoming diabetic. When my doctor test my A1C at only 16 years old I knew that I had to change. Its been a long road (I'm almost 23 now) but I'm down over 100 lbs and I'm in better physical condition than I ever thought was possible.

Wow I hope to be where you are in the near future you have done a great job way to go for putting you first:happy:
  • cdc33
    Options
    I was 390 or so. I felt fat.

how do you feel now with the weight you have lost?
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    276 - knees hurt... wheezing walking up steps... couldn't stand to catch a glimpse of myself in a window...

Still got a way to go...
  • cdc33
    Options
    276 - knees hurt... wheezing walking up steps... couldn't stand to catch a glimpse of myself in a window...

Still got a way to go...

do you notice a difference withthe weight that you have lost? I still hate catching a glimpse of myself it funny everytime Im surprised LOL
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    230 at heaviest. I felt pretty bad.

I am down to 140-145. I'm still unsatisfied, to be honest. I don't think I'll ever be100 percent happy, to tell you the truth. But then again, who knows! As of right now, I just constantly nit pick about my body. I have a few problem areas, but perhaps within the next few months I'll begin to appreciate my body a little bit more. Over all, I am Healthy, and to me, that is and always has been the most crucial part of my weight loss journey.
  • froggadelic
    Options
    My highest weight was 310 and I felt like a cow. A giant, stretch-marked, fat cow. I was so ashamed of myself that I had gotten that big and embarrassed to be walking around with the gut protruding through my shirt. I had no self esteem. I started using MFP when I had started losing weight little by little and was around 284, and it was MFP that helped me get this far. I am now 275 and counting, and it took losing 35 pounds to get some self-esteem back. My target weight for someone of my height and build (I'm 5'9" and big-boned) is to be between 160 and 180 so I have a ways to go. It's rough.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options

Still got a way to go...

do you notice a difference withthe weight that you have lost? I still hate catching a glimpse of myself it funny everytime Im surprised LOL

Indeed! Now, I find myself bouncing on my toes when I'm feeling stiff or tired... I'm ready to do some push ups to relieve some stress and only notice my knees when I'm sitting at a theater (i'm 6'2... and clearly most theaters were not built for someone my height, as my knees are usually jammed into the chair in front of me).

I'm still a little sensitive to the sight of myself... unless my arms look particularly pumped that day! LOL!
  • cdc33
    Options
    230 at heaviest. I felt pretty bad.

I am down to 140-145. I'm still unsatisfied, to be honest. I don't think I'll ever be100 percent happy, to tell you the truth. But then again, who knows! As of right now, I just constantly nit pick about my body. I have a few problem areas, but perhaps within the next few months I'll begin to appreciate my body a little bit more. Over all, I am Healthy, and to me, that is and always has been the most crucial part of my weight loss journey.

I sure it takes time for oour mind to cathc up with the body, being health is the main goal and you have done an outsanding job with the weight loss congrats!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 310 and I felt like a cow. A giant, stretch-marked, fat cow. I was so ashamed of myself that I had gotten that big and embarrassed to be walking around with the gut protruding through my shirt. I had no self esteem. I started using MFP when I had started losing weight little by little and was around 284, and it was MFP that helped me get this far. I am now 275 and counting, and it took losing 35 pounds to get some self-esteem back. My target weight for someone of my height and build (I'm 5'9" and big-boned) is to be between 160 and 180 so I have a ways to go. It's rough.

It seems we are on a similar journey Im right about the same place. I want to get to the same 160 -180 feel free to add me as a friend
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :) And to you as well.
  • newfienurse66
    Options
    Highest weight 285, had to buy a dress for a formal military event, I cried in the dressing room and was so thankful the event was canceled, today 60 pounds gone, another formal military event sent me shopping, this time I twirled in the dress like a little girl! Can't wait to wear it!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    My highest was 190 and I felt disgusting, gross, embarrassed.... My stomach always hurt, I always felt sick.. just terrible.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Pros: My boobs were the biggest they have ever or will ever be.
    Cons: So was everything else.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Until I crossed the 190 threshold, I was in denial. Once I hit that, I realized my sluggishness and exhaustion were most likely coming from my poor physical condition. Also, I had to go up a size in clothes. I am tall and work in a professional environment. Clothes for work are not cheap. Shopping for fat clothes depressed me.

I haven't lost much yet, but replacing junk with fresh fruits and veggies and keeping calories in check has made me feel much better. I guess I needed a good detox.