Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This is a great question and I really needed to be asked this! At my highest weight (152, Im 5'2), I felt so self conscious and insecure. I felt embarrassed of my appearance and I never wanted to go out anywhere. My "fat" clothes werent fitting me anymore and I was left only able to wear loose t-shirts and one pair of jeans. I felt tired and had no energy. The thing that topped it off and made me want to lose weight was when me and my husband were being intimate, I felt so out of breath and tired that it wasnt even enjoyable for me. And my husband is in great shape and has a nice body, so I felt bad that he had to be with somebody like me. Ouch! Its kinda hard to remember those days! But what a great reminder of why I am trying to be healthier and in shape. :happy:
    [/quot

Good job putting you first!!!keep up the fantastic job!!:flowerforyou:
  • cdc33
    Options
    Im 5'2 so Im a shortie and ne weight gain on me u can see the lumps and bumps, thru my clothes.
    My highest weight was last year at 150 Omg! I cant believe you know I let it get that high.
    In high school I use to weigh 120 then I had a kid and it was 135 after that then Idk the #s kept creeping up
    But usually I have done a good job at maintaining 140
    My goal weight is 125 tho and right now I'm around 137

Not that far from your goal great job!!! how do you feel now?
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    275 was mine. Ihad to take my daughters to father/daughter dance at school. I had to buy a bigger dress shirt and pants. That made me feel like crud. i'm down to 235 now. I'm still going because it feels so much better now.
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was during pregnancy but I count it because I gained an unhealthy 65 pounds by never meeting the left side of a menu I didn't like. I overate horribly and weighed 209 pounds at my last appointment. My stomach was so big I had to stand backwards on the scale. I didn't learn from it and gained 58 pounds with the second baby and it took a while to get down from 170 post partum. My standard "over" weight has been 150 pounds. I'm 20 less than that now and would like to tone up and lose the last 5.

Knowing I ate myself into a bad situation more than once was hard to accept. It made me realize that my willpower was nil and my food vs. fuel needs were out of whack.

I know how I got where I am as well its all about choices and good for you with the weight loss!!!:happy:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    180. i didnt fit into any of my clothes, i felt more out of place in public than i already do, i couldn't believe how different i looked compared to high school. when i weighed myself and it said 180 i said I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! Lost 30 pounds still 20 left!!!
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Highest I have been was 314 currently 295 I feel gross, ugly, depressed, ashamed so many things. I wake up somedays and am so motivated to change but then others I am not. Losing my babygirl was the hardest thing in my life and while im still dealing with my emotions it is hard. I really want to change and become better but the fat person in me just tells me this is you deal with it. I do not know how to find the strength. When i joined mfp i was 299 50 days later 295 my weight goes up and down all the time and it just makes me feel worthless. No body understands me my hubby tells me i am looking better and he is proud yet he tries to make me eat everything. I know I can do this but it would be nice if i had a litte more encouragement.
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    very depressed at just over 180 lbs, if I didn't do something about it I would have had to buy a load of clothes a size bigger to fit my waist but then they'd be too big everywhere else, don't think i'd mind being bigger if it was more in proportion but it's all round my middle and it's uncomfortable...but now after losing nearly a stone i'm feeling a lot better and clothes are starting to fit better and some trousers will be too big soon!
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest was 315 at 5'11, just 8 months ago. Thankfully because of my height I did not look that big. When my mom found out how much I weigh, she was amazed that I weighed that much.

I was "happy", at least that's what I let people believe. I wasn't ever antisocial or anything like that, I still went out with my friends and did things. But I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little depressed. One thing that I felt most days was unloved and unworthy of love. I always felt somewhat out of place and very fat. Mostly because I've been overweight my entire life, but like I said it wasn't as noticeable because of my height. My clothing size just kept getting larger and larger, my highest was a size 24 pants! I never want to see that number again. And I will never see 300 or higher on the scale again.

Now I've lost 21 pounds, I have a ton more to lose but I feel so much better than I did then! It's actually amazing how much my confidence and self-esteem level has gone up after losing some weight. And I've gained a love for exercise and I feel really weird if I don't get some sort of exercise in each day. Most importantly, I've realized that I am worthy of love but no one will love me romantically until I love myself. And I'm getting a little better at that every day.

I have a similar expeience to you and Im so glad I changed. I recently injured my foot and cannot do the exersices I was doing and totally miss it. I love zumba!! cant wait to get back to it all the best with your weight loss and feel free to add me as a friend cheers:happy:
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 220lbs, and was in physical pain due to arthritis. Now at 137/139lbs I feel great :)

Wow look at you 2lbs to your goal I hope to be just like you one day:wink:
  • lacymemphis
    Options
    Not pregnant this is the most I've weighed. Its the weight I gained with the baby though and he's 6 months now. I feel squishy. I only have a few outfits because I have a closet full of clothes I WILL wear again some day.
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 318 pounds. I could not believe that I allowed myself to get so heavy over the years, after being underweight during high school which was 123 pounds. Congrats on your weight loss success thus far. I would love to just lose 5 pounds right now. I start off well in the mornings, but by mid afternoon all my efforts seem to go out the window. I will continue to track and exercise regardless.

Day by Day friend day by day that is my moto!! I love that you will continue to track yourself regardless that is aweome!!! And thank you, 60lbs is hard to lose but I keep trucking along I have stalled out so I need to kick my butt in to gear LOL lots of automoblie references today LOl
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 168-- on my body, I looked terrible and I felt terrible and you know it's bad when you say "God, I feel fat." and your own mother no longer corrects you.

I'm getting there with my weight and I certainly feel like I look fitter. I will not do that to my body ever again, though!

Great job on the weight loss so far!!! Live and learn right!! I know Ive got alot more learning a head of me LOL
  • cdc33
    Options

I loved taking pictures of myself and looking beautiful, dressing up and going out with friend when I was at a smaller weight....
    When I gained all the weight, I didnt care about myself, I rarely took photos, and when I was in a photo I wanted to puke. I guess my brain still thought I was skinny, until I looked at a photo. I hardly went out and never dressed up. All my clothes are in boxes...I take one out and try it on hoping I can fit into again oneday.

This is exactly how I feel. I am not happy about it. I am lethargic and depressed. I am currently at my highest weight ever- 166 pounds (I'm 5'6). I joined MFP today in hopes of taking back control. My goal weight is 138 pounds...what I weighed when I graduated from high school (10 years ago).

I think you have a reasonable goal wishing you all the best in your weight loss!!
  • cdc33
    Options
    Disgusting, fat, ugly, ashamed, tired ..

How do you feel so far with the weight youve lost?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Highest was 302 - felt fat and gross and couldn't fit into the rides at Great America.

Now at 243 and feeling GREAT!
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest was 335. That was a month ago. I was doing really good on here then quit for 3 weeks and gained 15 lbs. When I stepped on the scale and seen those numbers, I wanted to cry. So I had to get back on the wagon. Today I weighed in at 324.6. I know that is only 10 lbs, but slow and steady wins the race! (but i do wish i could lose faster lol)

I wish it would come off faster to but it took time to put it on and I guess it will take time to take it off:frown: I think you are doing a fantasic job 10lbs is a great start!!! Keep up the great job cheers :drinker:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It was a good 8-9 years ago, but I remember all too well how sluggish, perpetually ill-fitted, and uncomfortable I felt all the time then. I don't honestly know what my highest weight was, because I refused to weigh myself back then (ignorance being bliss and all that), but I know I was on the fast train to 300-poundville. I wanted to hide all the time. I hated that I couldn't keep up with my active friends when I was still so young.

I've always to a certain degree been a person who knows and is comfortable with who she is. I think the level of confidence I achieved through taking control of my health & fitness had more to do with enabling myself to do all of these things that were (at least seemed) impossible before.
  • kuhayetee
    kuhayetee Posts: 41
    Options
    i felt like the fat friend. always ashamed of myself. now i feel like i'm the only friend that is fit & healthy! :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My highest was my pregancy weight of 206. People kept telling me "Oh, you'll take the weight off after the pregnancy, you can count on dropping 20 pounds right away."

Yeah, didn't happen.

I never really looked at myself in mirrors. Until this past January when I went to go buy some clothes for a new job, and I almost started crying in the changing room when I finally really really looked at myself.

This is my first week here.
  • cdc33
    Options
    Highest was 302 - felt fat and gross and couldn't fit into the rides at Great America.

Now at 243 and feeling GREAT!

I know what you mean I had to get out of a line up at the pne because a hugh sign read no one over 250lbs so embarrasing:embarassed: and now Im over that. Just can wait to be able to do everything I use too. Cheers to you in your weight loss:drinker: