Highest weight how you felt

Options

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I was close to 200 and while at that weight, I didn't feel like I was 'that' overweight.

But now that I have lost weight, I realize now that I feel so much better. I have energy now for things I didn't have then, I sleep better, I love exercising, I love to be able to shop in normal size clothes. Those are things I did not 'feel' when I was at my highest.

My wake up call was my dad standing behind me on a scale at the Body of Life exhibit at a museum. I hadn't weighed myself in years so had no idea. I made sure no one was around and jumped and he happened to walk up and the look on his face told me I needed to do something. He didn't do it to be mean, he just was truly surprised.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Officially 289, but most likely 300-315. I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't want to play with my kids. I had 2 or 3 things I could fit into. I was miserable. I will NEVER go back.

wow your weight loss is fantastic!!!! I hope to be where you are one day how long did it take you to lose the weight?

Thanks! I started on MFP on November 8, 2010, so it has been a little over 18 months. Best thing I have ever done for myself!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In high school, when I was athletic and fit, I was about 125lbs at 5'3" (I've stayed the same height). It looked like this:

185401_10100599800397003_4394383_n.jpg

I gained some weight after a car accident, and then lost it by the time I got married at 19, at 150lbs.

wedding-1.jpg

I was 194 at my heaviest with my first child:

b001-1.jpg

It all came off rather quickly, though:

016week08.jpg

I always said 200 lbs was my "suicide weight" and yet in January I was 209. In 6 months, I've managed to get down under 180, but it was a rough fight. For all the months over 180, I cried at least once every day. It was terrible.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    189lbs...it sucked...I was so unhappy...no energy...I will never go back there.
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am at my highest now, and I feel like I'm not enough for anyone, I feel disgusted by looking at myself in the mirror. I don't even try to think about wearing bikinis or dresses that goes above the knee. I am confident though, I am who I am, and if people don't want to spend time with me because of my looks, it's their problem. I want friends who likes me for WHO I am, not WHAT I am. So in that way it's nice. But it would feel nice to feel sexy for a change.

I am also tired all the time and I kind of force myself to be happy, but if I'm alone and don't have anyone around or anything to do, it might get to me and I end up in tears, pissed at myself for not doing anything about it. But now that is gonna change! :D
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    At my highest in 2006 I think I was around 370. I went for a physical for a security dispatching job and all I remember thinking "At least it wasn't 400 pounds". I was ignorant, didn't think I was in that bad of shape, wasn't happy with myself, but wasn't mad about it either. In 2007 I had a hernia operation, was supposed to be in & out, instead I was kept over night because my sugar was sky high. This is when I changed doctors, got on oral medications and tried to get it under control. Fast forward to April 2011. Sugar had been up and down with the weight. My weight at the time of this appointment was 347, just barley able to get weighed by his scale (only went to 350). Doctor wasn't liking what he was seeing and was going to give me another 4 months of oral meds and if it didn't come under control we were going to talk about insulin. Well, no way in HELL was I going to be jabbing myself with needle. May 2011 I found this site by recommendation of a friend and now a year later and 71 pounds lighter here I am. Still on the oral meds, but a lower dose and hoping to be off of them at my next appointment in August. Def feeling better, will feel great when I hit goal weight!!!

I think that you have done fantastic!!!! I hate needles to and Im sure with being faced with them I would change pretty quick too. very inspiring keep up the great work, Cheers to you!
  • cdc33
    Options
    My highest weight was 267 and I felt like *kitten*. I almost never looked in the mirror.

I know how you feel I still stand behind people to get my picture take you will never see a full body shot. Im working on that it a confidents thing.
  • cdc33
    Options
    208. It sucked...but it gave me new empathy for what larger people go through on a daily basis.

I can understand this as well i have gone thru may thing that I think no one should go thru but I wouldnt change any of it as I wouldnt truly be able to understand had not been thru it. Cheers to you!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Like every other day of my life... so nothing new
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I felt horrible about myself at 170.

I still feel pretty horrible about myself now at 150. But I know I can do it, and I know it is pretty easy. Now I just know that I am too lazy to put forth the effort to lose the rest of the weight and that helps me feel awful.
  • cdc33
    Options
    Right now >> I feel horrible, sad/depressed/ a failure because I'm at my highest weight which ISN'T that high to others, but for my body frame, it just doesnt look great esp since its in the tummy area ya know?!

I'm hoping once I drop the extra pds, I'll be back to feeling a LOT more confident and comfortable with my body

Its all in how you feel about your body not in what other think you should be. they may say you look great and you probably do but its all in how you feel in your body that matters, Cheers friend :wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

from most of my life being no higher than 120.
    Due to my height nobody thought it was a big deal, but for me it was scary. I'd always wanted to be in front of the camera before all that weight. And when I got to that weight I NEVER wanted my pictures taken.
  • cdc33
    Options

I had stopped feeling totally.

I got to that point to so I stopped trying, Im not sure what made me change and decide I was worth it but Im glad it did. How are you doing now?
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    highest weight was 240lbs... and i felt fat
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I actually felt pretty awesome 90% of the time when I weighed 233lbs. Other than being unhealthy, and sick a lot of the time, I felt confident and happy.
    I actually feel much less confident, and more self-conscious now at my current weight, 52lbs lighter, than I ever did then from what I can remember. :(
  • cdc33
    Options
    uncomfortable

And how do you feel now in comparison, your pic looks great you look very fit!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I felt absolutely disgusting at 189. I felt fat, unattractive, and I was really insecure about my boyfriend thinking I was fat and gross.

I've always been able to get away with being a bit overweight because I'm tall and don't really carry it around my midsection. Instead, I carry most of my weight in my thighs and butt.

But now I'm 14 lbs down and I can already see a slight difference when I look in the mirror. I'll never ever let myself get so overweight again. It may not be much, but it's a start, and it only motivates me to work harder.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Depressed, insecure, miserable. I still feel like that now.

My starting weight was 170, currently 138, and my goal is 105.

I'm 5'4.
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    My highest weight was 189 pounds...I was in a state of disbelief about it. I've had 3 children and even at NINE months pregnant with my 1st 2 kids I only ever got up to 149 pounds, with my 3rd I got up to 162 and that was only because I was bedridden the last 2 months of pregnancy. I guess I never realized how lucky I was to be so fit and took myself and my health for granted.

I was going through a lot back then and fell into the deepest darkest depression I've ever experienced, and began drinking a lot...in 1-2 months time, I gained 70 pounds!!! I never realized I was gaining so much at the time, the only mirror I had was in the bathroom and only showed my from the shoulders up and to be honest I didn't really care at the time anyways...I had basically given up on life...

Now here we are almost 6 years later and I'm still trying to lose this weight. Though honestly I've only been really trying since about October of last year. I've come down a good deal, I'm at 159.5 as of this morning and I feel SO much better already. More confident, more determined, more ALIVE. I still have a ways to go to reach my goal of 130 but I'm confident that I will get there. And i too am SOOOOO thankful I found this site, the people here encourage and keep me going sometimes when I lose momentum. :smile:
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    @170 I felt LUMPY. I also felt like a failure. My mom has been 130 lbs my whole life and I wondered how, at 55 years old, she could be slim and I was fat in my 20s.

Now @ 140 and < 20% I feel strong, athletic and way more confident.