Highest weight how you felt

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• fatcatjack
    fatcatjack Posts: 29
    Options
    other than pregnancy.. 157. felt like a lard *kitten*.

That is so deep. I need a moment.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 170 lbs...and I've been told "that's not that overweight" or "well you've never REALLY been fat" but to me, on my frame, that was when I felt like I was out of control. I am 5'3" and have a very small frame. When I saw that number on the scale I was horrified and I thought "How did I let it get this bad??" I gained a lot of weight while pregnant (went from about 125 to 190!) and then just never really did much to lose it afterward. I went down to about 150 for a while then slowly it crept back up to 170 this past winter and I just felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself.

I'm SO thankful for MFP, because without this site I'd probably still be that person. ETA: Today, I'm so proud of my accomplishments and have actually learned to appreciate my own hard work. While I'm not at my goal yet, I can honestly say I've begun to love my body again.

I felt the same way at my highest. I'm 5'5.5" and my highest non-pregnant weight was 195. Looking back at pictures, looking at the pants I was wearing then, I can't believe I let myself get to that point. I'm down 37 pounds and I feel great. But I know I still have about that much to lose, so I'm really looking forward to getting back into some real exercise, especially since I'l be done breastfeeding in about a month.

Great job on the weight loss!!!
  • fatcatjack
    fatcatjack Posts: 29
    Options
    other than pregnancy.. 157. felt like a lard *kitten*.

That is so deep. I need a moment.

I saw this and laughed...and coffee came out my nose!

I started to say - I take dumps heavier than you - but that would have been completely inappropriate...
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Highest weight was 260, and that was during my pregnancy but it didn't go down after I had my son. I expected it to. Not by alot but I expected it to go down at least some. But nope - Not a single pound! I dwelled on that for a few months, feeling horrible and miserable and hating myself. My fiance kept trying to cheer me up but there wasn't any cheering me up at that point. I took a picture of myself in a bathing suit I had bought the previous summer before I got pregnant and when I saw it the picture, I knew I had to change. So 9 months ago, I started this journey.

I'm 201.5 pounds now and I feel wonderful! I have so much more energy. I'm not nearly as negative as I used to be, though I still can be at times. I'm just overall a happier person nowadays. :D
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 240 pounds. I was 17 years old when I weighed that much. I was bullied in high school, and going though depression. I was diagnosed with severe depression, and would eat my feelings. I would eat a pound of pasta a day, lots of mcdonalds, chips, little debbie snacks, a TON of soda, etc. I felt disgusting, and felt like my life was a waste of space. I honestly didn't think I would make it past 18. I'm turning 30 this year, and am now 151 pounds. I'm in a very good place, and I have a wonderful man in my life that loves me no matter what my size is. He just wants me to be happy.