Red High Heels Group Week 3

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I was really upset about something that was said in this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61726-i-am-here-to-learn

I know I was rude. Am I completely out of line being offended? Please let me know if I am.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    yeah, shes crazy! and approached it in a completely unacademic manner, maybe it was just her language that posed that barrier, but whatevs, you come off as uneducated, and people will pick up on that immediately
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    I would love to get these shoes. They are super hot and a bit sassy
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

I know I was rude. Am I completely out of line being offended? Please let me know if I am.

I read it after the b!tch comment had been deleted. I was somewhat offended, because she didn't ask "hey, is it ok if I look around, see what you all say, maybe ask my own questions?" I've seen others on here who have had trouble setting their location, so I don't care about that. But then she got pretty vicious by saying Americans are dumb and get angry at learning... You apologized. I didn't see an apology anywhere for her comments.

czewwhat changed her tune halfway through... at first sounding outraged, but then offering up help and coming down on you.... lol

Oh, and then the thread got funny for a while with the puppy talk...

And now it's gone:sad: lol
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

It's gone now. :ohwell: The first post you had on there wasn't rude....but I did not see anything else since it was gone when I got back from lunch. I was going to put something REALLY rude on there about French people but I refrained.:laugh:

I am trying to decide what I want to be for Halloween....I kinda want to be Bellatrix LeStrange, if just for the hair. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But we go to this huge block party Halloween bash in my city and there are some INSANE outfits there so whatever I do has to be good! (especially if I get anywhere near my October goal by then :wink: )
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    So I've always been a big dieter but never big on exercise and last night i went to a sports park by my house and ran the soccer field, walking the short sides and sprinting the long. but i can see how thats going to get boring pretty quickly. anyone have any strength traning moves i can do on the bleachers there or any other cardio things i can do around the field? its free (which is more than i can say for the gym memberships) and the sports park will have to do me for a while.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hi all! Can anybody contribute to this thread? I'd love to have an excuse to dig out my red heels and buy a sexy Halloween outfit to surprise the hubby....if that's a requirement for joining?????
  • mossmommy
    Options
    I am down to 157!! I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale.

Thank you ladies for all of your encouragement!

SW 170
    CW 157
    GW 156

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! It's pretty incredible what you've done!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    So I've always been a big dieter but never big on exercise and last night i went to a sports park by my house and ran the soccer field, walking the short sides and sprinting the long. but i can see how thats going to get boring pretty quickly. anyone have any strength traning moves i can do on the bleachers there or any other cardio things i can do around the field? its free (which is more than i can say for the gym memberships) and the sports park will have to do me for a while.

run up and down the bleachers!!! have you seen the last 10 lbs bootcamp show on tv, it is so good and has great techniques and most of them are outside.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Hi all! Can anybody contribute to this thread? I'd love to have an excuse to dig out my red heels and buy a sexy Halloween outfit to surprise the hubby....if that's a requirement for joining?????

of course you can join, you can weigh in today, we do it on thursdays, and the goal is halloween...and we are gonna buy ourselves a pair of heels if we reach our goal!
  • mossmommy
    Options

run up and down the bleachers!!! have you seen the last 10 lbs bootcamp show on tv, it is so good and has great techniques and most of them are outside.

haha, i live in a podunk town. when i mean bleachers i mean three rows so it's only like 3 feet high and they're not that big. but i might go to my old high school and use their bleachers, great idea. do i get to do a rocky dance at the top? :laugh:
  • foxyforce
    Options

haha, i live in a podunk town. when i mean bleachers i mean three rows so it's only like 3 feet high and they're not that big. but i might go to my old high school and use their bleachers, great idea. do i get to do a rocky dance at the top? :laugh:

it is mandatory!haha
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options

of course you can join, you can weigh in today, we do it on thursdays, and the goal is halloween...and we are gonna buy ourselves a pair of heels if we reach our goal!

You mean WHEN we meet our goal!! :flowerforyou: Because WE WILL REACH IT:heart::bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Lunge walk up and down the field (I hate lunge walking!), running up and down the bleachers is good exercise too! Take a ball with you, and go up and down the field only using one foot, then switch to the other. Start directly in front of the goal and run, every time you cross a line squat down and touch it, then run back to the start, get to the goal line, squat down and touch it, run back out and the next line, squat down and touch it, then back to the goal line etc. As you're going around the outside lines, do "log jumps", where you jump forward, but also side to side back and forth over the line. Pull ups on the goals? lol

Edit* I just realized, I made most of my soccer kids do these when I was coaching!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

Of course! That is a requirement...:laugh: :laugh:
    You could even do steps on the 'bleachers' back and forth up and down for a while-you'd be suprised how fast that can start to burn the muscles in your legs.

you can also switch up the running and go backwards or sideways on the short sides.
  • mossmommy
    Options

Lunge walk up and down the field (I hate lunge walking!), running up and down the bleachers is good exercise too! Take a ball with you, and go up and down the field only using one foot, then switch to the other. Start directly in front of the goal and run, every time you cross a line squat down and touch it, then run back to the start, get to the goal line, squat down and touch it, run back out and the next line, squat down and touch it, then back to the goal line etc. As you're going around the outside lines, do "log jumps", where you jump forward, but also side to side back and forth over the line. Pull ups on the goals? lol

see this is why i'm lovin this group! i would have never thought of any of these things and they're all great ideas! thanks guys, :flowerforyou:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options

Thanks........always good to have more motivation to lose those pesky pounds! :laugh: Sexy heels sound AWESOME......... haven't indulged in a pair in years!!! :love:

I'm headed back to work out tonight - got back from 10 day vacation on Monday, then had minor surgical procedure Tuesday, HURT yesterday, but am going to work out today!!!!! I'll report the weight tonight or tomorrow - I always go by the scale there (need to get new batteries for the home scale).
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I read it after the b!tch comment had been deleted. I was somewhat offended, because she didn't ask "hey, is it ok if I look around, see what you all say, maybe ask my own questions?" I've seen others on here who have had trouble setting their location, so I don't care about that. But then she got pretty vicious by saying Americans are dumb and get angry at learning... You apologized. I didn't see an apology anywhere for her comments.

czewwhat changed her tune halfway through... at first sounding outraged, but then offering up help and coming down on you.... lol

Oh, and then the thread got funny for a while with the puppy talk...

And now it's gone:sad: lol

man I miss all the good stuff :noway: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

see this is why i'm lovin this group! i would have never thought of any of these things and they're all great ideas! thanks guys, :flowerforyou:

Try skipping rope too. That is a great exercise!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    I haven't been to the gym in a week (though I have been doing my at home strength training) and I really don't feel like going after work. Will someone tell me why I have to?