Red High Heels Group Week 3

Options

Replies

• sarahkatie28
    Options
    good morning ladies! I have had a troublesome last couple of days. My job is very hectic and interoffice politics are stiffling me. Oh well, its what I do not who I am. Anyways I've been sulking in food :grumble:

Today is a new day! :happy:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies! I have had a troublesome last couple of days. My job is very hectic and interoffice politics are stiffling me. Oh well, its what I do not who I am. Anyways I've been sulking in food :grumble:

Today is a new day! :happy:

sulk in exercise, it gets so carried away. my last position i gained like 10 lbs! and fast. i ended up resigning as of may because my eye wouldnt stop twitching. i had to give something up, and it wasnt gonna be school!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    good lord...lol in order to lose 2 lbs a week i need to eat 800 calories only a day...well if i had known that earlier i wouldnt have had a 500cal breakfast....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: well i guess imma have a fruit salad and greenbeans for lunch....and another fruit for a snack and shrimp and a green veggie for dinner...damnit@weight loss and being short...i dont get many calories to eat :angry:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    good lord...lol in order to lose 2 lbs a week i need to eat 800 calories only a day...well if i had known that earlier i wouldnt have had a 500cal breakfast....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: well i guess imma have a fruit salad and greenbeans for lunch....and another fruit for a snack and shrimp and a green veggie for dinner...damnit@weight loss and being short...i dont get many calories to eat :angry:

are you only eating 800 calories - be careful - I really think that's too low--it might be different if you had like 100 pounds to lose! Check out some of the threads on starvation. When I was eating 1200 a day I stopped losing - increased to 1350-1400 and I lose again - it's not 2 pounds a week but it's loss and I really feel like slow and steady is the best way. Less chance of saggy skin and I am not starving myself.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I'm crazy busy today but I hope everyone has a good weekend! :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

are you only eating 800 calories - be careful - I really think that's too low--it might be different if you had like 100 pounds to lose! Check out some of the threads on starvation. When I was eating 1200 a day I stopped losing - increased to 1350-1400 and I lose again - it's not 2 pounds a week but it's loss and I really feel like slow and steady is the best way. Less chance of saggy skin and I am not starving myself.
    i've been eating roughly around 1100-1300cals a day...but ive been talking to some people and they say at 4'10"tall and almost a normal BMI then i can switch up to 800-900cals a day without starvation mode...i hadnt planned on doin that today lol....but MFP said thats what i should be taking in to lose about 2 lbs a week...i think i may start tomorrow...i can reach 800cals a day and still eat 6 small meals/snacks...thats what i used to do a long time ago and i was never fatigued or hungry
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I love Fridays at summer time... I only work 7 til noon!! :bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I just woke up because it's my Friday off. I have an exciting day planned. Doctors appointments, oil changes, paper writting. I know you are all jealous.:tongue: Oh and working out because this weeks challenge it to work out 10 minutes every day (completely subtle reminder to everyone :laugh:)

Thanks for telling me to go to the gym, Katiebug. I didn't stay for long though, only about 25 minutes, some idiot was wearing WAY too much cologne and it was making my lungs and head hurt. :grumble: I tried the stairclimber for the first time (it was away from smelly guy). It was SO freaky! I spent the whole time staring at my feet because I felt like I was going to fall off. :blushing: I only lasted about 3 minutes on the thing :embarassed: but I think I'll try it again next tme I go.

hasiangirl- You may not need 1200 calories because of your height but I definately don't think you should go as low as 800 without having you metabolic rate tested. Besides, you only have 16lbs left to lose so you shouldn't be trying to lose 2lb a week in my opinion. i really think you should raise it to 1,000 calories especially if you intend to workout at all. :flowerforyou:

P.S. YAY Emotion faces!!:bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    Options

i've been eating roughly around 1100-1300cals a day...but ive been talking to some people and they say at 4'10"tall and almost a normal BMI then i can switch up to 800-900cals a day without starvation mode...i hadnt planned on doin that today lol....but MFP said thats what i should be taking in to lose about 2 lbs a week...i think i may start tomorrow...i can reach 800cals a day and still eat 6 small meals/snacks...thats what i used to do a long time ago and i was never fatigued or hungry

i think it has something to do with your organs that you need 1200...but then again, some of your organs (and i aint no doctor) are used for digestive purposes...so it is possible that they don't need to work as hard since you are a shorter person. i dunno, you should ask a doc!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hasian - you are a petite thing aren't you! I guess I didn't realize that the height could make that much of a difference - just watch how you feel - your body will talk to you!

What's your BMR?
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    very true buerer...i think i'm going to stick with 1,000cals and not 800...lol i like food and i want atleast 1000 :laugh: :laugh: but i guess theyve reevaluated the calorie stand point and that some people can drop lower than 1200 without it affecting organs and what not...i know since ive been eating over 1000 calories tho i feel overly full by the end of the day rather than satisfied
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I just woke up because it's my Friday off. I have an exciting day planned. Doctors appointments, oil changes, paper writting. I know you are all jealous.:tongue: Oh and working out because this weeks challenge it to work out 10 minutes every day (completely subtle reminder to everyone :laugh:)

Thanks for telling me to go to the gym, Katiebug. I didn't stay for long though, only about 25 minutes, some idiot was wearing WAY too much cologne and it was making my lungs and head hurt. :grumble: I tried the stairclimber for the first time (it was away from smelly guy). It was SO freaky! I spent the whole time staring at my feet because I felt like I was going to fall off. :blushing: I only lasted about 3 minutes on the thing :embarassed: but I think I'll try it again next tme I go.

hasiangirl- You may not need 1200 calories because of your height but I definately don't think you should go as low as 800 without having you metabolic rate tested. Besides, you only have 16lbs left to lose so you shouldn't be trying to lose 2lb a week in my opinion. i really think you should raise it to 1,000 calories especially if you intend to workout at all. :flowerforyou:

P.S. YAY Emotion faces!!:bigsmile:

No problem, my dear!! When I don't feel like going to the gym that's just what I do-I tell myself just 20 minutes of cardio and I can go home. It works usually :wink: I'm sorry to hear it wasn't a great experience though!! I don't get why people shower in cologne/perfume BEFORE workouts?!

So have we set challenges for Week 4 yet? I'm just going to make sure to drink all 8 glasses of water today, plus I'm on my way to the gym in minute....or did we already set challenges and I'm just an idiot?!:wink::laugh:
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    So this morning I got up and drove to Austin with my daughter for us to visit my sister. I should have planned ahead and had my breakfast at home... But instead I got hungry on the way and stopped at Sonic... BEWARE OF THE JR. BREAKFAST BURRITOS.... 2 is over 500 calories! eek!

kinda threw off my day and especially that I'm at my sister's house who can eat anything and not gain a pound... and now I'm in a house for three days filled with junk food and trying not to go crazy!!! maybe i'll go out for sushi tonight and pick up some cucumber salad and sashimi...

i hope you ladies are doing better than me!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So this morning I got up and drove to Austin with my daughter for us to visit my sister. I should have planned ahead and had my breakfast at home... But instead I got hungry on the way and stopped at Sonic... BEWARE OF THE JR. BREAKFAST BURRITOS.... 2 is over 500 calories! eek!

kinda threw off my day and especially that I'm at my sister's house who can eat anything and not gain a pound... and now I'm in a house for three days filled with junk food and trying not to go crazy!!! maybe i'll go out for sushi tonight and pick up some cucumber salad and sashimi...

i hope you ladies are doing better than me!

glad to see you thinking ahead - don't we all wish we could eat what we wanted - but we can't or we probably wouldn't be here right!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I feel like I could eat everything in sight today so I am drinking water - I am working on serving 7.....
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    So, I went to swim laps this afternoon... OH MY GAWD!! :huh: I tell ya, I voluntarily kicked my own *kitten*! :laugh: I haven't really swam laps as exercise before and I can't believe how winded I got!! I loved the way I felt after my shower though :bigsmile: My arms and legs felt like jello! I may go again tomorrow, but for sure on Sunday!! Glutten for punishment, or what? :laugh: :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I get really winded when I swim laps too... So I alternate, one lap is freestyle, next lap is side stroke, next lap is backstroke, next lap is breast stroke. It works. And helps me count how many laps I've done (sort of:laugh: ).
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

So have we set challenges for Week 4 yet? I'm just going to make sure to drink all 8 glasses of water today, plus I'm on my way to the gym in minute....or did we already set challenges and I'm just an idiot?!:wink::laugh:

The challenges for this week are at the beginning of the thread and here:
    The weekly challenge is to exercise at least 10 minutes every day!

I just copied last week's daily challenges except Friday because I didn't have any new ones. Let me know if you think of any for week 4!!

Thursday: Only one non-water beverage
    Friday- Eat a snack or meal every 3-4 hours to keep that metabolism up!
    Saturday- Stay under your sodium.
    Sunday- Spend at lease 1/2 hour outside
    Monday-Stay under your sugar (I think we all failed that one last time)
    Tuesday: Sleep at least 7hrs (sleep is key for weightloss)
    Wednesday: Try a new food.

but drinking water is always a good idea!

So I exercised today... I walked the mexican restaurant! :laugh: It's a good 3/4 of a mile each way so it will have to be my exercise for the day. I hope everyone is doing great!

I almost forgot to tell you all, I went to Ross today between doctors appointments and saw the cutest candy apple red stiletto pumps! I was going to buy them but they were too big... :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options

I just copied last week's daily challenges except Friday because I didn't have any new ones. Let me know if you think of any for week 4!!

So I exercised today... I walked the mexican restaurant! :laugh: It's a good 3/4 of a mile each way so it will have to be my exercise for the day. I hope everyone is doing great!

I almost forgot to tell you all, I went to Ross today between doctors appointments and saw the cutest candy apple red stiletto pumps! I was going to buy them but they were too big... :sad: :sad: :sad:

wow i'm a dummy...for some reason i was thinking we were on week 4 right now....forgive me, girls, i hadn't had my coffee yet :laugh: Bummer about the shoes!!! I HATE it when that happens!
  • foxyforce
    Options

wow i'm a dummy...for some reason i was thinking we were on week 4 right now....forgive me, girls, i hadn't had my coffee yet :laugh: Bummer about the shoes!!! I HATE it when that happens!

that happens with me way too often, but usually because i go to sales. i am a size 9, and i think it is a way too common size because they are always sold out. i remember pointing out so many shoes on the wall to the woman and she slike 'biggest size is a 7....biggest size is a 6....biggest size is a 6.5' and i'm like 'do you carry 9's' and she said 'yes, of course' and i told her 'then please show me what shoes you have ina 9!' i was so frustrated!!! they shouldn't order so many small sizes when they know that they just get clearanced!