Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Not embarrassed and I have pics on my profile, but for the longest time mine was just a pin up girl. It was more a matter of my comfort level with the community than my looks though :smile:

Now I switch between pin ups and regular pics. When i get tired of seeing my own self staring back at me, I change it up!
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys. Really appreciated! ...and the is much more to this than my simple "take" on it. We all have our own personal reasons for either going public... Or incognito... And that's ok ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    I've been here five years and my picture has changed through the years. I've kept the weight off, I have a few friend relationships here, and I don't want any more. So my profile is private, and few here know what I look like. Wait till you get a stalker. It will change forevermore how you interact on Internet forums.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    <---- Mine is me after just finishing my daily jog :)

Seriously, I have a great pic of me(in profile pics) BUT I like this one more :)

Russ
  • jladyj
    jladyj Posts: 23
    Options
    No I do not look like this
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Umm, my face pretty much looks the same even when I'm down pounds (or at least, I don't look like a especially overweight person), but I would NEVER NEVER EVER post a picture showing any part of my body. I would die of embarrassment.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have photos of me as well as other things...i rotate them periodically....i have only lost 6 lbs so far....started around the beginning of April.
    San :)
  • RollerDevil
    Options
    I put a picture of what I'd like to be! :) But I'm not that far from that anymore
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have used an actual picture of me from the get go.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I used a closeup shot of my tattoo when I first started. I wanted to use a photo that was uniquely "me," but didn't know if I was going to stick around the site long enough to make myself at home here yet.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I have only been on this site for 6 days and have always had a picture of myself. :p
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The picture I use was taken while I was in Africa, and I just love it. I always look yuck in pictures anyway.
  • EmeliaFoo
    EmeliaFoo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with being ashamed. I am a very private person. I have zero desire to have my photo on this or any other website. I don't do facebook or myspace or any other social media sites. I prefer to live my life offline in the real world. I use this site as a tool.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was embarrased. I posted a pic that was at least 6yrs old. But then I thought, this is ridiculous. I need a current pic, so people can see my progress.
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    I put a picture of myself from the start, and 1 how i looked to start with, and wat i look like now, people can only judge u when they have don ur very own personal journey =)
  • Senbou
    Senbou Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm just a dog who has learned to type on this here computation machine when the humans are away
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with being ashamed. I am a very private person. I have zero desire to have my photo on this or any other website. I don't do facebook or myspace or any other social media sites. I prefer to live my life offline in the real world. I use this site as a tool.

Yup.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have been here for quite a while. I am not embarrassed about what I look like. Your theory might be correct for some, but certainly not for all.

I am a private person, and I prefer people to judge me for my words, rather than my appearance. Online is the one place that can happen. I find it refreshing.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This is a life-like rendering of my appearance.

I will never post a photo of my face on the internet (privacy), however, once I am happy with my body I will post photos of it (with no face) to show progress.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I think a non-personal picture can tell you more about a person than a picture of them does (I like dogs).