Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• losingthehealthyway
    Options
    It's easier to be honest when you're anonymous - hence a virtual, online support group.

^^^^ 1000x THIS!

I really don't even like taking pictures to begin with. Don't even have pictures uploaded to facebook, come to think of it.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I left the "generic" pic up for a bit, then put a pic of my dogs up for quite a while. Mostly it was because I wasn't comfortable putting pics of myself up on the site, but my dogs did "represent" something about myself. I love my pups. :) But, the first pics I did upload of myself to my profile were me when I joined MFP - not thin ones, definitely. I'm still not going to put anything up that I would be embarrassed for, say, my co-workers to see. No pics of me in my underwear, for sure!!
  • Camie3
    Camie3 Posts: 16
    Options
    Here here!!! But in due time I will show! Sorry:ohwell:
  • xxcarleighxx
    Options
    Me?....Never...lol!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of me now but will change it to my dog soon to keep some people from finding me....lol
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've had my own pics up before but I have a pic of my son up right now because he's my motivation!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was. So I pretended I was Ron Burgundy.

"Stay classy San Diego.":laugh:
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    my profile picture is what I dislike about myself, so i have it up to remind me I need to work hard to change it.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i put up a face shot, and now have a bikini shot to show off my proud results.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    But no, this is really me!
  • paigeybum123
    paigeybum123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is true for me :D
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed (my first photo was really me), I just like Alice better. :)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was always one of the people who puts an honest and recent photo up. Part of my weight loss journey has been about shame anyway, and without the shame I don't think I would have had the motivation to see this through to the end.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    Mine is a picture of me at the weight I want to be, from like five years ago or so. It's motivational to me. Once I get close to being there then I can use a current picture of me, to remind me that I want to stay that way.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yup random pic from my collection... only a few days ago added a before photo in my profile- there are very few pics of me heavy because I tend to be the photographer on purpose so i have a great excuse to not have an embarassing photo - the one that I do have captured I couldn't escape, was my sister's graduation. I also added a what I want to be like again photo from 3 years ago :)
  • Misbehavin_Red
    Options
    Picture of myself...because although I'm not comfortable in my own skin these days and I want to become healthier, I'm also proud of the curves that I do have!
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine is of one of my most favourite places in the world - Iceland - and I want to get married there so it's inspirational to me. Not sure I'll be brave enough to put pics up for a while!
  • court211006
    Options
    sometimes it's more of a precaution to protect identity, especially if there are things you don't want people to know and you know people in RL that use this website too.
  • casiescorey
    Options
    I have to add to that, about my friend who is going through Chemo and not afraid to post pictures of herself going through it...she doesn't put up pictures of herself B4 she lost all her hair...she puts pictures up of herself now, bald head and all. If she put up pictures of herself from the past, before her breast cancer, it would be her hiding behind that old image of herself. She's too confident and too inspiring to be hiding behind her old self. Who she is today is a fighter, and she wants to show that. Her profile picture is of her with no hair, and no head scarf to cover it up either. No shame, she's too secure in herself to just repost pictures from ages ago. So admirable. :flowerforyou:
  • rosesquelettique
    rosesquelettique Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ha! You got me. Although, the most recent photos I have of myself are from a year ago when I was underweight....I could have posted one of them.