Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Not really I first started with a photo of me, but fell of the mfp wagon...when I came back I was READY and I posted my Rosie the Riveter to remind me of it EVERY single time I logged in. Sometimes I still go back to her.

rosie_riveter.jpg

The thing for me that sucks is I had TONS of friends that would take pics of me when I was out and about and heavy, but now, not so much. haha. I never really take pics of myself or rarely so I don't have as many "afters" as I wish I did. However, I'm still a work in progress so I guess that works.
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    I figured a face pic would be good enough. It's not my face I worry about its my extra...cushion. :D But I'm here to get back in shape so maybe one day I'll post "progress" body pics.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm here for me. What you see is what you get. Me!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I used an AWFUL picture of chunky me, dancing with my non-chunky boyfriend at my roommates wedding =( That was the picture that made me think 'Holy *kitten*'. I've gotta do something NOW. A few weeks before the wedding I was like 'yeah I'm gonna start losing some weight...' I just kept telling myself I was gonna do it.. then I though 'oh, wedding is now I haven't lost a pound'.. ='( So I used that picture.. Mine now is a picture of me, with my face showing more, and my boyfriends newest nephew =)
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Part embarrassed, part feeling weird having my face up on a public forum I am new to. I'll change the pic when I have been around longer and feel more comfortable. I am looking forward to having my before and after pic up once I get to the after though.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Not embarrassed, just private.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a little on the private side and Nyanko-sensei is 10000x cuter than I'll ever be ^-^.
  • Coffeegirl101
    Options
    With me....Yeah i'll admit I was a embarrassed..and still am :wink: However I am an anime nerd and I just loved this characters attitude. Plus every time I log on she's there giving me the thumbs up. She's a good motivator. :happy:

22055217.png
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Mine is my youngest son.... I am not embarrassed to put his picture instead of mine.... however, I am not computer savy and I didn't have a picture of me on my computer and couldn't figure out how to get one there (that is the embarrassing part)!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Mine is about anonymity, not embarrassment. I have some weight to lose, but I'm not SO big that I'd be embarrassed to take a photo.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily embarrassed, but just not ready to reveal myself.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just hate having my photo taken. :tongue: and I really like my doggies
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I used a pic of me when I started, but one that was kind of deceiving. Just a face picture really.

I can understand why people choose to not have real pics at first, especially. Some people do that for privacy reasons as well, which is fine too. I don't think it's a big deal either way.
  • twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm new here, but used to post on another exercise website. I never used my own pic but not because I'm embarrassed of my looks. I just want privacy & prefer to talk about certain things without the world knowing who I am. :)

Same-zies!
  • Fatkam
    Fatkam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate pictures of myself, always have. I seem to always be measuring myself up to other people and I seem to always look the worst. I just don't like what I see.
  • B21goddess
    B21goddess Posts: 35
    Options
    I
  • lhughmeyer
    lhughmeyer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put up the worst picture of me, and also the most current, .. as motivation. Every day I log on.. see the picture of my body (which I didn't think I looked like that) and it motivates me more and more to be healthy. I will change it as my body changes, but until I see that change, I will keep that picture up. It is a reminder that I let my body go without realizing it. To me, the picture is for me, not necessarily for everyone else to see.
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but used to post on another exercise website. I never used my own pic but not because I'm embarrassed of my looks. I just want privacy & prefer to talk about certain things without the world knowing who I am. :)

Same here; however, the pic though and the username are not random and have been in use with me for the better part of a quarter century. That's right, I was on the net, BITNET, before there was an Internet. :smile:
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    it is what it is, right?:tongue:
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Was going to use a deep cleavage shot. Someone (actually several someones) beat me to it. I was so disappointed that I decided not to use a photo at all.

Actually I just haven't taken the time.