Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Not me. I just have been using this one as my forum pic (across all kinds of forums) for 10ish years and don't see the reason to change it now.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    <
    reminds me of the freedom I'm going to achieve.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    my pic has always been me...big me, then sweaty me after my first 1000 calorie workout....now thinner me!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    always me. always. if im going to be famous, gotta get the face out there. lol
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When I get to goal I may do a set of faceless before and afters. I prefer some anonymity in my online life even though I do have pictures of myself and my family on a social media site. Most of the people on my private profile there know me though so that is a different story.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't feel comfortable posting a real picture yet, I hate the way I look at the moment. I'm sure it will change in the future. A lot of my friends who started at the same time/are a similar weight have been brave enough to post real pictures and I admire them so much for that.

My boyfriend has your pic on a shirt. I love it lol someday I'll be a unicorn.

Nothing to add to the discussion though, I thought avatars were always supposed to be you, so mine always has been. It is true though, that now, whenever I put on a new dress or feel especially good, I do want to take a picture and show off me. I feel so much more comfortable in my skin it's not even funny
  • michellematteson
    Options
    Did start out with the black and white photo my boyfriend took of me, but the one I have up now is just too funny to not share.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    Mine is a legit photo.

Dear Sir or Madam:

You look DELICIOUS.

That is all.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know I'm shy and have horrible self-esteem, so I post pictures of myself on the internet as a form of self torture, lol. I suppose that doesn't make much sense...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At first I was a cat. Now I show parts of my body I like. Hopefully one day I will have a full body picture
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I never use real pictures for forums. I use a real picture for FB because I only friend actual people who know me IRL, but this is a tool and while I might have support buddies I don't actually know anyone so I use the fairy because i like fairies and because this one is pulling herself up to get a better view it just appealed to me.
  • lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    my pic is me, just cant hardly tell lol. im paranoid and have heard and seen people do too many strange things with pics from the net so i try to keep mine to myself for the most part! i just read an article about what can happen if you "like" something on facebook...they can swipe your pic and put it into an advertisement for the thing that you "like." They can do all that with out asking, its in the fine print of being a facebook user. be careful...they're watching!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture before I gained the weight. To be honest I never let pictures to be taken of me so it is this or the one photo a guy at work snapped when I was 9 months pregnant. I prefer the before babies face. I also got the mask of pregnancy something awful! My skin is bad!
  • casiescorey
    Options
    This is a fitness website. We all come in different shapes and sizes and we're all on here to reach our goals. No one should be ashamed. Aren't we all here to support each other? I know that there are people that prefer to put pictures up of their pets, kids, nature, etc....rather than themselves. Some of them do it because they're embarrassed about how they look. I see it on here, I see it on FB, Pinterest...you name it. I have friends who used to put pictures up of themselves all the time...but recently have had a baby, and you almost never see a picture of them anymore because they're shy about how they look. I say, you just had a baby, of course you're going to be a little heavier now, but look at the outcome! A baby. And if you're on MyFitnessPal trying to lose weight do it without shame. One of my friends recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. She's going through chemo and has lost all of her hair. She doesn't hide behind pictures of her kids, her dog, or nature pictures....no. She's brave. She loves herself too much to hide. And she accepts herself for who she is, breast cancer...baldness...you name it. I'm proud of her. She's the kind of woman I look up to. :flowerforyou:
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    My current profile picture is what I aspire to be. Strong...... powerful with a good butt!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is a fitness website. We all come in different shapes and sizes and we're all on here to reach our goals. No one should be ashamed. Aren't we all here to support each other? I know that there are people that prefer to put pictures up of their pets, kids, nature, etc....rather than themselves. Some of them do it because they're embarrassed about how they look. I see it on here, I see it on FB, Pinterest...you name it. I have friends who used to put pictures up of themselves all the time...but recently have had a baby, and you almost never see a picture of them anymore because they're shy about how they look. I say, you just had a baby, of course you're going to be a little heavier now, but look at the outcome! A baby. And if you're on MyFitnessPal trying to lose weight do it without shame. One of my friends recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. She's going through chemo and has lost all of her hair. She doesn't hide behind pictures of her kids, her dog, or nature pictures....no. She's brave. She loves herself too much to hide. And she accepts herself for who she is, breast cancer...baldness...you name it. I'm proud of her. She's the kind of woman I look up to. :flowerforyou:

That's awesome that your friend wants to post a picture of herself, but please don't assume that those who choose not to are "hiding behind" the pictures they select.

Again, I am not ashamed of my appearance. I'm not unattractive. I just prefer to be private. Many people do.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Are you saying I'm NOT Wonder Woman?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have to use pics like this because ladies get too excited and send me creepy PMs when I have my profile picture of myself up. Something about my eyes.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Not hiding, had plenty of pics of myself up for months, still throw them in here and there. I just don't care to see myself all over the internet. I prefer privacy.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is me, don't you recognize me???????????:bigsmile: