so where'd you get that gnarly scar?

Options

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Grr I have some awful burn scars on my upper chest and on one arm, I pulled boiling water on myself at 18 months and ended up with 3rd degree burns (my 70's nylon skivvy melted to my soft baby skin :frown: ), Though they were red for many years, they are very pail now, but still visible, and the skin is thickened, I used to be really ashamed and embarrassed of them, covered them up all the time, but now, though I still thing they are ugly, I try not to let them inhibit me.

Oh and a c section scar, its crocked (emergency) but at least its small and low!
  • KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    The knuckles on my left hand all have scars from a car accident fifteen years ago. We got hit by a drunk driver and rolled over multiple times. My hand went out the sunroof and hit the pavement, tearing my knuckles down to the bone. It also bent my engagement ring back into my finger. I pulled the ring off as soon as I got out of the vehicle because I knew my hand was going to swell. No stitches as, per the er doc, there wasn't enough left to stitch together. It healed pretty nicely on it's own, I just have the scars.

I also have a faint scar on my right arm that runs several inches from from wrist towards my elbow that was caused by a duck that I was carrying. When I went to put him down he tried to launch and dug his nail in. Pathetic, I know. There's no glory in getting a scar from a duck.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    My right hip from fighting a Siberian Tiger whilst holding back a grizzly bear.

I had an operation on my intestine...(sigh)
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 inch keloid scar in the dead center of my chest from acne when I was younger. Had surgery to have it removed because it was so painful, it got bigger and now I cannot wear anything low cut. Right next to that I have a 1 1/2 inch scar from where they implanted my pacemaker and so now I have a keloid scar from that as well. :frown:
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my left thumb. I was prying something open with a pair of scissors and it slipped and cut my thumb... I cut 2 nerves and a tendon and had to have surgery on it. This was about a year ago and I still don't have complete feeling in my thumb.
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Inch and a half scar on the top of my head. Hit it on the TOP of a door frame. We were horsing around in college and I took off after one of the guys in the dorm. He flies out the door, which hits the stops and slams shut about six feet in front of me with me running full speed. The head quickly goes through the options: Slide feet first? Nope, not enough time to get down. Hit it with the shoulder? That would really hurt. I settled for option #3, jump and hit the door with both hands and both feet simultaneously. One problem: The door did not latch. It flew open. I had jumped too high and I smacked my head on the top of the door frame. Twelve stitches and a massive headache later I was fine.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My last c section scar... Well when I stayed in the hospital I got a strep an staph infection from the operating room. It eventually day 4 while at home blew up and then took 7 weeks to close and you could see right in there! Really gross and I had to have wound care everyday from my husband because of this he will forever be my hero! it did leave me with what looks like an extra belly button :(
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have one on the outside of my left arm...above the elbow....where I was holding the reins of a horse for my cousin...who in all of her infinite wisdom then threw a 5 gallon bucket of water over the horse, which then jerked me thru a barbed wire fence. That was the day I decided that I did not like horses....and hated my stupid cousin.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have a 3/4" long scar in my left cheek and I'm missing part of a bottom tooth. My cousin and I were cleaning out his mother's cellar. I carried out a small table and turned around to go back for something else. At the same time, he threw a pair of long handled pruning shears out the door and I stepped in front of it.

I have a scar on my left thigh from falling off a small bridge onto the corner of a big slab of broken concrete when I was like 10. A bully was throwing rocks at me, and I backed up without knowing how close I was to the edge.

I have a small scar at the base of my left index finger and one in the palm from opening a can of baby formula in the middle of the night. I couldn't find the opener, so I used a knife. It slipped and went through my hand. Sleep dep will make you do stupid things.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    4 inch scar on my left shin. I used to tell people I got bit by an alligator...

but I didn't I slipped near a rock and the rock tore me a new one... 19 stitches later...
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch across my arms and chest from hot brass. The most obvious one is in the center of my chest and it was from shooting an M-16. The brass was ejected, hit my cover, fell down my shirt and got trapped against my skin. Due to the position I was shooting in I couldn't do anything about it.

Omg, that was the worst... hot brass right into the neckline and down the shirt. Sometimes you could do the dance to get it out, sometimes you just had to take it. Ugh.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Cool Post. I have two interesting ones.
    One, I've had almost my whole life. It's the shape of a paw print (ironically). My dog, when I was a toddler, clawed at me pretty bad and left a white scar on my inner thigh. I also have three scars on my foot, one on each side and one on the top of my foot, from reconstructive surgery in December of 2010.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Between my boobs. Mostly faded now. Got stabbed in a robbery when I worked at KFC when I was 15.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a scar that runs almost hip to hip. I had my tubes tied with husband #1 because he was an Ahole....got remarried and got surgery to reverse the tubal. Quite a bit more invasive when they have to undo it! LOL! But I have 2 more kiddos to show for it.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have a 3-4 inch scar above my right knee from when I was little. The official story is unknown to me but my mom said I fell on a nail...

I also have the ugly c-section scar and a burn scar from where they leave the hot food at safeway, you know it clearly says CAUTION HOT but still I burnt my hand on it!

haha.. I totally burn myself on the oven while baking all the time. I didn't mention in my OP the one on the top of my right hand.. it's almost gone now but it looks like a little smudge of dirt. All because my faulty depth perception decided it was already time to lift the pan of hot cookies. Genius.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a few on my knees and elbows from a skateboard/longboarding accident. Had to get stitches too, because I got a rock in my knee. Karma I guess for not wearing knee and elbow pads.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch across my arms and chest from hot brass. The most obvious one is in the center of my chest and it was from shooting an M-16. The brass was ejected, hit my cover, fell down my shirt and got trapped against my skin. Due to the position I was shooting in I couldn't do anything about it.

Omg, that was the worst... hot brass right into the neckline and down the shirt. Sometimes you could do the dance to get it out, sometimes you just had to take it. Ugh.

I've definitely done the dance to wiggle some out. The worst is when they get trapped in your bra. Nothing can be done about those!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i used to have one on my thigh from a curling iron getting dropped on it as a kid when i was squirming around!

i have one right underneath my left eyebrow. i was running across the street, slightly under the influence, and tripped over a bike lane median! i was talking on my phone and got cut by the sharp edge of the metal part around the blackberry rollerball. i kid you not! i probably should have gotten stitches, but i cut my bangs the next day so you couldn't see it :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Where do I start?

1. 12 inch scar starting at my sternum going down my stomach and around my belly button, terminating just below the waistband. (car accident, internal organ repair surgery)
    2. Five two-inch scars around my chest (car accident, chest tubes)
    3. My left ear is partially gone (see my profile pic, car accident)
    4. 6 inch crescent shaped scar across my right hip (car accident, femur internal rod)
    5. 5 puncture hole scars, each the size of dime along my right thigh (car accident, broken femur stabilizing rods)
    6. Both knees have scars on the cap (3-wheel ATV accident)
    7. Various gouges and cut scars (car accident)

Even if I end up "cut up" from working out, I'll look like I've been "cut up" literally in a knife fight. But, I'm a guy so no biggie.

Remind me not to loan you my car...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I started to type then realized that if I described where it is and how I got it, I might get shut down by the moderators!!! :blushing: