Girls with tatts are NOT ugly, in fact, we're adorable!

Options

Replies

• khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    <3 a rarity! lol theyre badges of honor! to be admired, not hated....a story....each one holds laughs and good times, or tears heeled...a pain that feels so good...you crave to feel! lol

someone who understands! I was getting worried so few were actually here! now theres a whole 4 of us! haha
    yes!!!!!!!!!!! this so much.yours are awesome! so so pretty. :D i get harassed by people about it too.and people who get all condescending like i'm a little child who has no idea what i'm doing.like really? it's permanent? i had NO IDEA.thanks SO MUCH for telling me! it isn't like i knew that! *rolls eyes*

and i also get the comments about like 'why would you do that to yourself?" etc as if i've mutilated myself.and "well that's going to look so bad when you're 80' um, when i'm 80 i don't think i'll be sitting in my house despairing and saying 'oh if only i hadn't gotten these tattoos! then i'd be outside i a bikini prancing around! but the TATTOOS ruined my body! not AGE or anything!" GAHHHHHHH
    i think the look of a girl with tattoos is super great.i love awesome tattoos, and i don't believe in regretting the less than stellar ones, because it's part of a person's past, and their journey, and the whole look of having multiple tattoos is awesome :) i love body art in general <3
  • littleprim
    littleprim Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i edited it with a pic now too! :3
  • khedl85
    Options
    WOW! that is some dedication! how many hours is that do you think?? and the cost? do you have to get the color touched up?

awesome!
    I'll bite ;)

Here's my sleeve...

photo-001.jpg

and a link to each individual piece...

http://tattookitty.hubpages.com/hub/Tattoo-Designs-Building-a-Sleeve-Piece-by-Piece
  • khedl85
    Options
    wow...what was the pain level on that one? I hear the chest is worse then the ribs...I cant imagine...the ribs killed lol
    i edited it with a pic now too! :3
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    WOW! that is some dedication! how many hours is that do you think?? and the cost? do you have to get the color touched up?

awesome!

Thanks! :flowerforyou: It took many hours over several years. I did my sleeve piece-by-piece, kinda like a patchwork quilt. :laugh: My artist and I have formed a pretty great relationship, so I try to visit as often as possible. I tip him well and he always does my touch-ups for free. Plus, he takes good care of any family and/or friends that I send his way. :bigsmile:

As for price, I've definitely invested over a grand in my ink. Money well spent...nothing else I've ever bought will be with me forever!!! :smooched:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My tat represents my kids... I have two girls, one stargazer lily for each of them. They're july babies - hence the "ruby" throated hummingbird. The lily symbolizes purity and faith, and the stargazer is my abs favorite - both from a flower perspective, and from the fact that I am an astronomer at heart.

My next one will symbolize the struggle and victory I am having / will have when my divorce is done and I come out of it stronger.
  • khedl85
    Options
    Are they twins?
    My tat represents my kids... I have two girls, one stargazer lily for each of them. They're july babies - hence the "ruby" throated hummingbird. The lily symbolizes purity and faith, and the stargazer is my abs favorite - both from a flower perspective, and from the fact that I am an astronomer at heart.

My next one will symbolize the struggle and victory I am having / will have when my divorce is done and I come out of it stronger.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    :) I have 8.

This is my favourite, More to come!

04d36cf69c4011e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping this doesn't turn out to be huge...

IMG_20120605_063644.jpg
  • mommajolynn
    Options

IMG_20120605_063644.jpg

:-( no clue why it didn't work...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I would never get large tattoos myself, but I have never said that girls with tatts are ugly that is for sure.
    I appreciate the art and love checking them out!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    <3 love this thread!

I'm taking the plunge and getting my first big, big public piece on my chest. I'm ready for the constant comments as I get a few already having quite a large piece on my leg.

The thing with tattoos is us tattooed folk we really don't give if you're tattooed or not so what's the big deal what we do to our bodies?!

I don't have any pics to share but loving the ones everyone has posted! :D
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Love girls with tattoos. And love girls without, makes no difference to me.

There's a photo in my pictures of my largest tattoo.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

IMG_20120605_063644.jpg

fixed it for ya! make sure IMG is lower case
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Beauty is subjective.
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    Thank you dievixen!!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i can't say i've ever been told that i or my ink are ugly. i don't have bigger pieces that are visible when i'm dressed though. all of my visible tattoos are text. and people seem to really like them. :-)

i have two latin phrases, one on my right wrist ( nosce te ipsum) and one on my left inner forearm ( dum spiro spero). and then on the back of my neck i have "imagine peace." the two you can't see ( usually) are on my left foot, traveling up my left leg, blood red shattered heart wrapped in a black thorny vine. and on my lower right abdomen i have my first tat, a large black panther.......

there are only two more that i want. but, they are going to be very large pieces and i need to make sure i am looking how i want before i get them. :-)
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I wouldn't get a tatt myself but girls with tatts definitely do it for me!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options

one of my "to do" list is a phoenix. when my divorce process started years ago i decided that when i came out the other side stronger and more beautiful, i was going to get a phoenix to forever memorialize that i CAN get through and survive ( and come out stronger and more beautiful) ANYTHING!!!!
  • Dokks
    Dokks Posts: 16
    Options
    Hell yeah!