Would you rather be "wanted" or "needed" ?

Options

Replies

• tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    need to feel wanted
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    More than needed, though, I feel it is a need to be appreciated. If you work all day, and come home and I have done the laundry and made a nice dinner for you and waited to eat until you were home, I want you to appreciate that. You dont NEED me to cook dinner, but you appreciate all of the little things I do, like folding your underwear and matching your socks for you. You don't NEED me to feel love, you can feel it with someone else, but you appreciate the love that I offer so unconditionally. You don't NEED me to balance the checkbook, but you appreciate that I have taken that on, even if it is because I am kinda OCD about it. You appreciate my little quirks, that some may find annoying or strange. You think it is cute that I eat the food on my plate one item at a time, or that if a food can be eaten in layers (oreos, grilled chicken sandwiches, lasagna, even spaghetti) is always eaten top to bottom, or that if I know we will be going to some big party a week from now, I will, at least twice do a test run on my makeup, and know that it is less my vanity that compels me as it is my desire to make sure that the girl you call your "trophy" to your friends, gives them no reason to dispute it.

The "want" or desire is very important to me. It makes me feel like I am pretty, it makes me feel like I am fun. If you WANT to spend all of your time with me, If you WANT to kiss me as soon as you walk in the door every evening, if you WANT to take care of me when I am sick, or hold me when I cry, or laugh with (translation: at) me when I am drunk, or just hang out and watch the new episode of Deadliest Catch with me every Tuesday for the rest of your life, that means you DO appreciate and want me.

To know that even when we are old, and there isn't as much to talk about, and we just sit on the porch with each other, and are happy, is the most important aspect of a relationship. Not the first part. Yeah, that is fun and exciting. But, to think about the future and the parts that are not as fun or exciting or are down right sucky, and WANT to be with me through it all...... that is the "love" that I dream about. The "love" that I hope for.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Wanted. When you say he needs me for the things I do...I picture having to do everything for him. lol But at the same time, to have someone who wants me so much that they need me, not necessarily for the things I do, like dishes and laundry, well it's nice to be needed at the same time.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    desired. ;)
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Absolutely want to be wanted. Isn't it a refreshing feeling to wake up to someone who WANTS to wake up beside you and has that choice each and every day?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I thought Cheap Trick resolved this issue:

I want you to want me.
    I need you to need me.
    Id love you to love me.
    I'm begging you to beg me.
  • Jamie2007
    Options
    Absolutely want to be wanted. Isn't it a refreshing feeling to wake up to someone who WANTS to wake up beside you and has that choice each and every day?
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

I want you to want me.
    I need you to need me.
    Id love you to love me.

and what if I do? then what? lol!!!! ;)
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options
    Yes :-)
  • Jamie2007
    Options
    Yes :-)
    ;-)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I want you to want me.
    I need you to need me.
    Id love you to love me.

and what if I do? then what? lol!!!! ;)

We'd have to make it happen. :)
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Both - I need to be Wanted and also I want to be Needed to be Appreciated etc. I Want to be Loved / Appreciated / Respected / Adored. In my mind its also a need, as without those things, life can be hard. That goes for any type of relationship. Obviously some types of relationships such as Love have a deeper level of those such qualities.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    definitely wanted! That's like a compliment. Needed can turn into a burden...
  • BigH80
    BigH80 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I/m a man and I would rather be wanted than needed.
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    Needed... Dead or Alive... Wait, can I change that to Wanted? Sounds better...
  • vlc42680
    vlc42680 Posts: 2
    Options
    It's nice to be needed, but far better to be wanted. Nothing like it.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hands down.....Wanted.....Being needed is not a good look.....what happens when you are not needed anymore?:frown:
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    To be " WANTED " is always good!
  • BadBamaJama
    BadBamaJama Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To be "WANTED" my kids need me, that's enough ;-)
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer to be wanted.