Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken and very low calorie!

Options

Replies

• ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15
    Options
    ty
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump. Sounds great!
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    bump!
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    This sounded great, but I calculated the sodium content and its over 2,400 mg per serving! :( I am watching my blood pressure. None for me.
  • cwapmommy
    cwapmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband will love this. Thanks for sharing.
  • nessat18
    nessat18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump to try this later
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    This sounded great, but I calculated the sodium content and its over 2,400 mg per serving! :( I am watching my blood pressure. None for me.

For a whole bottle of franks red hot buffalo its 10,580, Ranch packet 2080, Chicken 240. That equals 12,900. You're right, that is a lot of sodium! Though I made this the other day and it makes a lot of servings (I used extra chicken) . I used for sandwiches and it makes about 8-12 sandwiches. That's piling it on. So 12,900 divided by 10 is 1,290 and than you figure that your actually not consuming all the sauce. Most of it is left in the crock pot. I'm guessing about 1,000 mg of sodium a serving. Still a lot though.

BTW even though it was high in sodium it was darn good!
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    an entire bottle of Franks...nectar of the gods...I'M IN!
  • Huff0927
    Huff0927 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful. Thank you for the recipe!
  • Huff0927
    Huff0927 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used fresh lemon juice and raw potatoe to neutralize the salt in some dishes and it worked.
  • kasleson33
    kasleson33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gonna try this this week! thanks for the recipe! :smile:
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i used regular red hot sauce franks.. oh my lord sooo good
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    Just made this tonight, I couldn't get hold of any ranch flavouring so I just put 4 chicken breasts in and chucked a bottle of Franks over and stuck it on how for 6 hours. Then i used 2 forks to shred the chicken in the crock pot, I put it in a wholemeal wrap with 50g of lettuce, it was amazing.

A quick point though, being from the UK and never having tried Franks it is pretty fecking hot! My nose was running as were my eyes, and I got my sweat on.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

For a whole bottle of franks red hot buffalo its 10,580, Ranch packet 2080, Chicken 240. That equals 12,900. You're right, that is a lot of sodium! Though I made this the other day and it makes a lot of servings (I used extra chicken) . I used for sandwiches and it makes about 8-12 sandwiches. That's piling it on. So 12,900 divided by 10 is 1,290 and than you figure that your actually not consuming all the sauce. Most of it is left in the crock pot. I'm guessing about 1,000 mg of sodium a serving. Still a lot though.

BTW even though it was high in sodium it was darn good!

I also made this, but I used more chicken than it called for - and when I shredded the chicken, I drained half the sauce. I ended up with about 10-14 servings.
    It was SOOOO good!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to try this! Makes my mouth water! Lol
  • Jennyschumann
    Jennyschumann Posts: 4 Member
    Options