Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken and very low calorie!

Options

Replies

• kristyso
    kristyso Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yum yum! Can't wait to try it
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yummers!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Frank’s Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce (I used buffalo wing flavor)

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix

Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the dry ranch mix on the chicken breasts. Pour the entire bottle of hot sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours. Shred the chicken up like you would for barbecue. Enjoy every bite!

Frank's Hot Sauce has 0 calories and the Ranch Seasoning is 80 calories for a small packet. The only thing you would need to calculate is your chicken. Very low calorie count!

You could make Pita's and add some lettuce and blue cheese sprinkles or even make a Buffalo chciken pizzza. I love to just eat it by itself.
    This
    Thank You for posting the recipe I have chicken legs and thighs will dark meat taste good with this recipe? Franks hot sauce is spicy does the meat set your mouth on fire or does the ranch cool it down? I am making this later today. This sounds yummy!
  • miracle4me
    Options
    I created this in my recipies and this is great!!!! Good superbowl, pool party, game night meal
    I made the recipe for 8 (285 per sand.)
    2 lb of chicken breast,
    1 container of Franks hot sauce
    1 pk hiden valley ranch
    8 100 calorie wheat buns
    8 wedges laughing cow blue cheese

top with 1/2 cup cole slaw (18 Cal per 1/2 cup)
    4 cups shredded cabbage
    1T daisy light sour cream
    1T pear infused vinegar
    1t celery salt
    1t water

This

285 for sandwich and 18 for slaw....303 for a flavorful lunch!!! thanks for sharing this recipe I am so making this!!!

Oh my ghosh this sounds so good,you must be a chef to think this up. Please tell me what can I sub for pear infused vinegar in Europe I will not find this in the store. Thanks for sharing the recipe. This thread is awesome
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    Bump
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    saved!
  • miracle4me
    Options
    It's yummy, just remember, for those looking out, the sodium is going to be off the chain, though...

The bottle of Frank's alone is over 14,000 mg of sodium. That doesn't include the ranch which is really high as well. Just sayin.

This
    Oh No say it is not so! Thanks for the warning. My health can't take that much sodium. Goal is set for 1,500 sodium. What can be used a sub how about hot salsa?
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I can't remember the last time I made such an easy meal, and it turned out so well! I also made the cole slaw a few posts down, replacing the sour cream with greek yogurt.

I also thinned out some full fat blue cheese dressing by adding greek yogurt and water, put the chicken on top of a salad, with the cole slaw on the side (and some celery sticks), and it was WONDERFUL.

I really need to do more of these "dump and cook" crockpot recipes! I tend to gravitate towards more complicated recipes, and then wonder why I get tired of cleaning up all of those pots and pans!

Tummy is stuffed, lunch was AWESOME.
  • saraann3344
    Options
    bump
  • acgurl
    acgurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you just use the rgular size of Frank's 354ml?
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    saving this sounds really good
  • kell2girlz
    kell2girlz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying this. Sounds delicious!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Frank's Buffalo Sauce is 5 calories per tablespoon. So if you are pouring the whole bottle in, and you have let's say 1 cutlet, I would estimate another 50 calories for sauce. (approx 10 tablespoons soaked into the chicken)
  • bump
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good - Only problem I have with it is the tremendous amount of sodium in the ranch packet ruins the whole meal for me. :(
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump....sounds yummy!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    bump.....omg sounds good