Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken and very low calorie!

Options

Replies

• vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bumps, I wonder if there is a mild version.... I know my brother and nephew will hate it, for the hot sauce.
  • stephd5238
    stephd5238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My family and I will love this!! Thank you!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It's yummy, just remember, for those looking out, the sodium is going to be off the chain, though...

I was wondering about that, any ideas to lower the sodium?

I made a similar recipe once, and after reading labels discovered that TABASCO sauce is WAY LOWER in sodium

I've tried to find a lower sodium hot sauce and there really are not many choices, they are all extremely high in sodium. My only suggestion would be to try not using the whole bottle of sauce.

According to MFP's database, 1 tsp Original Tabasco is 35 mg- 1,050 for the 5 oz. bottle. Frank's 460 mg for 1 Tbsp - 10,500 mg YES, you read that right) for the ENTIRE12 oz. bottle.

ha! As good as this sounds, it would have to be an appetizer for me, not a meal. It would take me 6 months to get rid of the sodium-induced water retention
    if the INCREASE in B/P >>>>MIGRAINE didn't kill me first.:laugh:
  • soonersgurl
    Options
    sounds wonderful!
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Be careful of cooking with a crock pot. Slow cooking, especially chicken and fish, doesn't cook it fast enough to destroy bacteria and sometimes you don't actually kill the bacteria that comes naturally with chicken and fish. I've know people to get very sick after eating a crock pot meal.
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump! yum
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • JesicaS82
    JesicaS82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Franks makes different flavors you could try instead of the buffalo... they have BBQ, Chile N Lime & Sweet Chili flavors... or you could try tereyaki flavor in a different brand :)
  • weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump I am trying this one!
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds amaze...SAVED. Will be making this next week
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I need to try this! Yummy
  • anthemsinger
    Options
    Was this really spicy?? My son has crohns and can't handle spices. While it sounds delish (and EASY), I hate to do something that smells amazing, but he can't eat (he's only 12). Thanks!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Putting it together right now ...... can't wait for dinner tonight ..... thanks :happy:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    **** pot n chick is sooo good

oops crock
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Going to make something similar to this for dinner tomorrow :) YUM!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Frank’s Buffalo Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce (I used buffalo wing flavor)

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix

Put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the dry ranch mix on the chicken breasts. Pour the entire bottle of hot sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours. Shred the chicken up like you would for barbecue. Enjoy every bite!

Frank's Hot Sauce has 0 calories and the Ranch Seasoning is 80 calories for a small packet. The only thing you would need to calculate is your chicken. Very low calorie count!

You could make Pita's and add some lettuce and blue cheese sprinkles or even make a Buffalo chciken pizzza. I love to just eat it by itself.

This would make a great calzone filling ~ might have to try that. Thank you.
  • marybethnelson
    Options
    This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the idea.:flowerforyou:
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    My aunt made this a couple weeks ago and it was good. It was a bit salty but had very good flavor and is low cal. I will probably either use large chicken breasts or slightly reduce the seasoning to lower the sodium content when I make it.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
    Thanks!
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump! sounds yummy!