What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options
reyna99
reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
One of my goals or dreams has always to wear a bikini and wear it with confident. But after 2 kids and lots of extra skin and stretch marks on my tummy area, I don't see that happening.

But then sunday I see a lady that is probably double my size and has a bikini on. Which is awesome that she has that confidence!

So what size/weight were you when you started wearing a bikini?

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i felt "ok" in a bikini at 145...i think i would have felt great if i had another 5-10 off...i think at 135 im going to feel amazing in a bikini!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini even at my highest weight of 165lbs and being a size 12/14. I didn't feel as confident as I do now, but I will totally rock one now being a size 4 and having a toned tummy. I have stretch marks, but I don't let those bother me. Many people have them and its nothing to be ashamed of.

You look amazing and should totally show off your hard work!! :bigsmile:

*edited for spelling:glasses:
  • reyna99
    Options
    I wore a bikini even at my heightest weight of 165lbs and being a size 12/14. I didn't feel as confident as I do now, but I will totally rock one now being a size 4 and having a toned tummy. I have stretch marks, but I don't let those bother me. Many people have them and its nothing to be ashamed of.

You look amazing and should totally show off your hard work!! :bigsmile:

wow awesome girl! when I was 12/14 there was no way I would be caught in one :P but I'm a bad apple and carry it ALL in my stomach, I love my stretch marks, those are my warrior wounds :)
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wear a bikini and I am a size 14 which is weird because when I was smaller I wore tankinis a few summers. I wouldn't say I am super confident, but I have always love bikinis and no one has ever asked me to leave the pool. lol.
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    no matter what size i am, i always wear the bikinis and the clothes i want to (as long as they fit) and i don't worry about anything else. everyone is beautiful and they deserve to feel confident in anything. :)
    plus if anyone has a problem, they can just look at someone else!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when I get there. I'm a size 4/6 (short), and have never really felt confident enough to wear a bikini, not even when I had nice abs. I'm planning to at least buy one in the upcoming weeks, just as motivation. I'm building up to it by starting to wear more figure flattering and sexy clothes again. It's an effort, because it's SO easy for me to just crawl into jeans and a T.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    NEVER...I have spent my whole life covering my body and I don't think being skinny will change that. Beside I don't want to be skinny, just healthy. It's been 30 years or better since I've even worn a bathing suit and a good 20 years since I've worn a pair of shorts out in public. I've even only worn shorts around the house once or twice a year. I may go swimming 3 or 4 times a year and stay in the pool the whole time so no one sees me in my shorts. This will change next year I hope but don't ever expect to wear a bikini....ever....
  • reyna99
    Options
    no matter what size i am, i always wear the bikinis and the clothes i want to (as long as they fit) and i don't worry about anything else. everyone is beautiful and they deserve to feel confident in anything. :)
    plus if anyone has a problem, they can just look at someone else!

So true! we are our worst critics, Hubs says wear it!
    guess I just want to rock it ;))
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini even at my heaviest---and at the time I didn't care and thought I looked just fine. In retrospect, perhaps a bikini wasn't the best choice at that time (I was 170 lbs, size 14-16, and I'm 5'3") but at least I wore what I liked and didn't worry about what people thought! Bikinis for life!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini. I burn too easily so that just means I'll need to buy twice the amount of sunscreen. Also it's easier for wardrobe malfunctions to happen. I sometimes think that I'll always have that inner fattie in my head telling me I can't wear certain things, no matter how much I lose. >.<
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when I get there. I'm a size 4/6 (short), and have never really felt confident enough to wear a bikini, not even when I had nice abs. I'm planning to at least buy one in the upcoming weeks, just as motivation. I'm building up to it by starting to wear more figure flattering and sexy clothes again. It's an effort, because it's SO easy for me to just crawl into jeans and a T.

This sounds just like me.
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini before just because I was super insecure. I've only lost 16 lbs total but that's made all the difference and I'm definitely rocking one at 150 and below this summer. I'm 5'4 btw.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I'll never feel confident in a bikini......I could be a size 1 and still wouldn't. But I have strecth marks and I doubt I'll ever totally get rid of my flabby belly. I do however, feel more confident in the bathing suit (tankini) I bought this year tho!
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    exactly! just rock that bikini with no worries :)
    i always hear confidence is one of the sexiest traits
    as long as it's not too much confidence~
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am a 12 at 153 lbs and still will not be caught dead in a bikini lol still dealing with lots of tummy flab
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    As a size 15/16, I rock a bikini every summer. Yess my belly hangs out and my thighs look like a thanksgiving feasts, but honestly, who cares. When I'm at the beach and it's 35+ degrees (Celsius) I will not be caught dead in anything heavier than a bikini. Also it lets you work on your tan!!

I can't wait to be down to my goal weight (130 lbs) so I can wear a bikini WITHOUT a flabby belly and turkey thighs.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I think once I hit my goal weight, I will definitely feel GREAT in a bikini but probably losing another 20lbs would get me to my happy place temporarily. Right now at 180lbs I don't mind showing my stomach and boobs in a bikini just not my butt as I have a lot more work to do down there.
  • kmillar1224
    kmillar1224 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I would have to be in my low 20's to feel confident. I didn't feel that great when I was in the mid 30's, but we will see :0) can't wait to find out the answer :0)
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    One time for the big girls...I'm like a size 18 and I work my two piece with pride...I think it's all on how you view ur self vs what you think ppl will say bout you...
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always wore a bikini even at my highest weight of 150. But I feel a lot better in them now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!