What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Was just talking about this same subject with a friend. Unfortunately after having four kids i am not there yet ....but will continue to work my *kitten* off until i am!
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    One of my goals or dreams has always to wear a bikini and wear it with confident. But after 2 kids and lots of extra skin and stretch marks on my tummy area, I don't see that happening.

But then sunday I see a lady that is probably double my size and has a bikini on. Which is awesome that she has that confidence!

So what size/weight were you when you started wearing a bikini?

Lol...I wear bikinis in public (the top with shorts, anyway) and I'm not confident at all...I just don't like swimming while being covered up, it's kind of uncomfortable...I and I weigh 247.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm still not there. I had four kids in four years....a 5 year break and another surpise bundle of joy. I am 5'6" and weigh just under 140. I hate the way my stomach pooches and probably will never see a bikini again. I know a women who is 5'5" and weighs 300 and wears a bikini. I don't think in her case it's confidence. I think it's stupidity. I made a deal with some MFP friends that I would post bikini shots of me by July 20th...I'm afraid of the deadline as I don't see it happening.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I never stopped, even at my highest weight. I wouldn't say I reeked of confidence though...
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I've never been confident, but I wear one anyways. Why? "*kitten* 'em" that's why. :wink:
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a size 12 and 154lbs and wouldn't be caught dead in one. If my tummy were flatter and the love handles and back flab were gone and my thighs were smaller, then maybe.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortable in a bikini when I'm a size 6 and 115-120. Anything more than that and my belly pooch sticks out, which makes me super self-conscious. I have an amazing tankini that I got for my trip to Vegas last month (pics on my profile) that I love, but I'm hoping that by the end of the summer my belly will be flat enough to rock a bikini again.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I probably feel confident when I reach my goal weight of 140 which is projected to be reached by December. I was suppose to be at 140 by May/June but I have been up and down and at a stall for months!!!! So.....sadly.....I probably will not even wear a bikini this summer :sad: I still have 36 pounds to go before I even feel confident to wear a bikini in public.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like the Monokini-type bathing suits, covered in the front, low in the back

that is what I'm looking into the monokini!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just bought one yesterday for the first time since I was a teenager! I tried it on and it looks ok on me. I'm 141. I want to be 130 for my cruise in a few weeks. Ha! That's not going to happen. Maybe 135...

good luck with that! don't hurry the process, lift and you'll get some tone legs and arms that you will feel more confident!
  • Tulipea
    Tulipea Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've never wore a complete bikini, when i was younger i would do a bikini top with shorts, then it grew to tanktop and shorts over bikini :(
  • hermiony
    hermiony Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    at a size 12 i would be comfortable enough to wear one in public. right now im a 14, i dont care about the stretchmarks but i dont like the idea of my whole stomache on show as it is right now (uk sizes)
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm working on it...I have a long waist, so I can't sport the mono-kini...Wish I could though! The only time I felt good in a bikini was when I was an unhealthy, super tiny size. I was suffering from an ED (weighed 108 at my lowest and I have a larger build), so looking back, no, I wasn't comfortable at that size either. I wear one now because I have a fairly flat stomach because I carry weight in my hips and thighs. My stomach is about the best feature I have, and it still needs work. I look back at teenage photos when I thought I was fat, and damn, I looked great! I just need to work on confidence I guess. I'm down 12 lbs. so far, but I'll feel better when I lose another 12 or so. BTW, KMART has great looking suits especially if you're on a budget or hard to fit like I am! I've always worn a bikini, whether or not I've felt comfortable. Oh well!
  • davidspitzer
    Options
    I am always self conscience at any weight ;)
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have had body issues my entire life. I am 5'10" and at 140 lbs size 9 in my teens wore a two piece a couple of times. If only I could go back and slap myself for thinking I was fat. Well, we just moved and bought a boat and have spent so many weekends people watching at the beach and after telling myself that I am only ever going to wear a one piece because of my stretch marks and regretted tummy tattoo's; my daughter convinced me to buy a two piece the other day. SHOCKER!

I am currently 185 lbs and size 14 which is still quite a ways to my UGW but I have to say, it is not bad looking. So 20 years in the making I have a two piece. I am working on the confidence to now wear it in public. This weekend we are heading out to the lake and it will be hard as I am going with all my skinny two piece rocking girlfriends and a one piece tan from hell.

After seeing other woman wearing their two pieces with pride (no matter their size) I have got to get over it and JUST DO IT! I have spent a fortune on gorgeous cover ups in order to "dress up" my one piece suits and know at least I will put the two piece under them for now.

Thanks to my 13 year old daughter for teaching me that I have to love the skin I am in!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Mine always makes my butt look too big. Oh jethuth...
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I felt the best at 112ish. I am 5' 2.5 (I round up to 5'3 haha) But I feel decent around 116-118. I have a small frame so my weight shows easily, especially after two kids.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    when i reach my goal weight
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i'm also on the "always wear one" wagon, regardless of weight. No one has ever complained! I like them -- they are fun to buy, fun to wear, and EVERY woman is "allowed" to feel comfortable in her own skin. I don't judge anyone on the beach from 90 pounds to 390 if they have the desire, confidence, and self-love to rock a bikini :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!