What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    For me it's more about my % body fat than the weight that will make me feel comfortable. If I got my % body fat down under 25, I'd never get out of a bikini.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    W I was near my biggest I wore one, I just love the water and can't stay out of it during summer. I weighed about 158ish at my biggest in a bikini. I am 5'1 so that is alot of weight to stack on a shorty like myself. I am now 125 and that's where I am most comfortable. This summer I am WAYYY more comfortable then last, although I weighed less last summer (120-123) I had little muscle defenition, this year I have lot's and it makes all the difference even though I weigh a couple of lbs more. I've had 3 kids too so it's taken lot's of dedication to get where I am now but trust me after you get to your goal weight and then you focus less on cardio and ALOT more on strength it'll tighten you up in no time. Good luck!!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i wore one last year.. but the bottoms were boyshort like bottoms.. im happyenough with my top half... but not confident in my lower.. last year i was 143 this year im 153 (knee surgery put me back a few pounds that i can't seem to get off).. i will most likley wear it again this year.. but i usually cover up my lower half in public with a wrap or skirt
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' & I've always been curvy. I wore a bikini in college at about 165lbs, but I didn't feel confident. Once I had kids and gained more weight, I didn't feel comfortable at all wearing a swimsuit, let alone a cute bikini.
    Now, I'm about 150, and I'm confident in my bikini. No, I'm not the skinniest girl wearing one, and I have plenty of imperfections. It took a few times in it to get used to it, just because it's been so long. For me, it isn't about the weight that I am in it, it's how I look and feel in it.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking mine is more modest, I'm pretty sure, since I feel great with where I am! HEalth and Fitness wise.

Even in High School I never wore a bikini.

So where do you find the best swimsuit....
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was in my 30th 130lb and size 6. It was awesome, lasted for about 5-6 years and then I turned 40 and the weight just started to go up and up no matter what I did. Going slowly down now, so if I get to 130 - will wear bikini.
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    if I didn't have so many strech marks from my old pregnancy I'd wear one now. Sadly My bikini days were over before they began :*(

I like the Monokini-type bathing suits, covered in the front, low in the back
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    I feel you can wear a bikini at any size, all that matters is your confidence in yourself. I found that going to a nude beach really helped me find the confidence to wear whatever I like at the regular beach. No where will you find more variety of body types and acceptance of all body types than at the nude beach.:wink:
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've always worn one.. whether or not anyone else thought I should! Even at size 14 ;)
  • alli4350
    alli4350 Posts: 38
    Options
    I've worn a bikini at all sizes (up to a size 8 and 145 lbs) although I'm not sure I was really confident. I'm currently a size 2 and because I'm focusing on muscle-building, I'm finally really comfortable in a bikini.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I wore one all the time and my biggest size was a 14. I feel more comfortable in it now though and I'm a 2.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    This summer is the first summer I'm confident enough to wear a bikini. I'm 5'4'' 130lbs. Size 4/6
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5", 128lbs, UK size 10 (US size 6) and I'll happily wear one now. I wore one last summer when I was bigger (UK 16/US 12) but I was far from actually comfortable with myself.
  • stallworth2002
    stallworth2002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never wore bikini's in my teens or early twenty's. When I started approaching 30 I bought a bikini with the boy shorts (to cover some stretch marks) and with a string top. Now that is all I wear and I love it. I guess I weighed around 140 when I started, but even at my heavest which is around 165 I still wore a bikini.
  • journeyjessi
    Options
    I wear one now at 140....size 8. But I think I'll feel better in it when I've dropped 10 or 15 more pounds.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I wore two pieces/bikinis even at my heaviest at 165ish. I feel a whole lot more confident now though when I am in the 130's or less though. Looking to be more comfy because I have thickish legs.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    145 and super toned
  • court211006
    Options
    i hate wearing bikini's, they make me feel anxious but i just suck it up lol
  • ZoeMJ
    ZoeMJ Posts: 10
    Options
    I just bought one yesterday for the first time since I was a teenager! I tried it on and it looks ok on me. I'm 141. I want to be 130 for my cruise in a few weeks. Ha! That's not going to happen. Maybe 135...
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a bikini since I was 16, but I was about a size 10/11 then. I thought I was "fat" but when I see photos of me in that bikini now, I think "dayum, I was smokin' hot" LOL. For me the size doesn't matter, it's just the wobble. If I can get unwobbly, so nothing overhangs anything else, I'm getting in a bikini, even if I'm "bigger" than the other girlies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!