What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Kudos to those who rock their bikini at any weight - that's awesome!!

Agree with this!!

My daughter which is 9 said for me to get the bikini! maybe I'll be shopping saturday for one :)

Do it!! Listen to your daughter, lol. You look great - show off your hard work.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I never stopped wearing a bikini. It wasn't a matter of confidence... it was that I looked like a shapeless blob in a one-piece, and more like a shapely blob in a two-piece. :laugh: I have small boobs and a short waist, and it's only in a bikini that I have a distinct upper, middle and lower body.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a size 10 and wear one. I've worn one as a size 12 as well. I don't really worry about how I look in it because I figure there's always someone on the beach that looks worse, lol. For example, the old guy that was so tanned he looked like rubber and wore a gold thong. No one was watching me with that dude prancing around :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I never stopped wearing a bikini. It wasn't a matter of confidence... it was that I looked like a shapeless blob in a one-piece, and more like a shapely blob in a two-piece. :laugh: I have small boobs and a short waist, and it's only in a bikini that I have a distinct upper, middle and lower body.

Ditto about the short waisted-ness (?).

I think I've never known why a one piece doesn't look good until reading what you wrote. That is it.

Seriously, right now, when I put on my two piece, sometimes I think "I don't look bad" then other days I think "Holy crap.....cover it up!"

Other times I'll see women strutting at the pool or beach proudly in their two pieces and think, "I seriously look just as good! So I need to get over it!"
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" I still wore my two piece last summer when I weighed 175. I would feel better at 160 (size 10) and great somewhere between 130-140 (my pre-babies weight) which for me would probably be a size 8.

I say two piece because I want a little more support and coverage on my bottom half than a standard bikini provides.
  • lbrsmom
    lbrsmom Posts: 18
    Options
    I feel that it depends on confidence. I have a two piece where my back shows but my belly doesn't. I give kudos to anyone who will show their belly with confidence! I just am not there yet. Maybe one day! LOL
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Other times I'll see women strutting at the pool or beach proudly in their two pieces and think, "I seriously look just as good! So I need to get over it!"
    [/quote]

So true! There is a saying that no matter how bad you think you look in a swimsuit, you can always count at least 10 people who look worse.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I doubt I will ever feel comfortable in a bikini.
  • kuhayetee
    kuhayetee Posts: 41
    Options
    125 lbs, size 3/4..but that was just me, i'm also petite (5'1) so that might make a difference.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Iam mom to a 12 year old son and currently weigh 144. I currently wear a bikini to the pool but I feel great in a bikini at 135. So, 9 more lbs to go and I am good!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    No matter what size I am I have no confidence to put on a suit. Give me a nude or clothing optional beach anytime. For some reason a suit pushes up, stuff hangs out, and the suit makes me feel totally in the spotlight. My birthday suit is far more comfortable and seems to fit best no matter what size I am.

Lucky as Oregon has to legal nude beaches. Recently lost 50 pounds and I still cringe at the thought of wearing a suit. Admire anyone at any size who wears a suit.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For example, the old guy that was so tanned he looked like rubber and wore a gold thong. No one was watching me with that dude prancing around :smile:

HAHA! this is funny!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Very true about there not being too much competition at the beach. We went to the pool the other day and morbidly obese people (men and women) were wearing less than me and rocking it with confidence. I thought to myself, "what the hell was I so worried about???"
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As a size 15/16, I rock a bikini every summer. Yess my belly hangs out and my thighs look like a thanksgiving feasts, but honestly, who cares. When I'm at the beach and it's 35+ degrees (Celsius) I will not be caught dead in anything heavier than a bikini. Also it lets you work on your tan!!

I can't wait to be down to my goal weight (130 lbs) so I can wear a bikini WITHOUT a flabby belly and turkey thighs.

I believe that as long as you feel good and confident about yourself why not?? I have been in this same boat at 15/16 and have worn a bikini. Confidence is where its at. Now in a 12 I will definitely be in a bikini this year. My quote" If you dont like how I look, Look away!"
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    That's actually one of my main goals, to be confident enough to do that. But I'm still working on it...I'll let ya know when I get there....hahaha!!!
  • Langlady
    Langlady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I felt very confident in bikini at size 6 130 lbs. I have a booty so getting a bikini is interesting.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I haven't found that size/weight yet to wear a bikini. I have horrible stretch marks from having babies and being big my whole life that I don't feel comfortable. I will always carrry a momma's pouch which doesn't help. I wear a tankini, but haven't gotten the confidence for a bikini yet. I hope some day I will.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Me, 150. I'm 135 now and I'm still not 100% confident but I do it anyway. Screw it. Wear it if you want to. If you've ever been to the beach, you KNOW all TYPES of bodies strut around wearing two piece suits. GUARANTEED you will never be the best OR worst body on that beach, so flaunt what you have!! :)
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    One of my goals or dreams has always to wear a bikini and wear it with confident. But after 2 kids and lots of extra skin and stretch marks on my tummy area, I don't see that happening.

But then sunday I see a lady that is probably double my size and has a bikini on. Which is awesome that she has that confidence!

I feel the same way. I wont wear one until I have my stomach fixed. I gained 75lbs during my pregnancy then lost 90lbs within the year and I have the excessive weight loss skin to go with it. But I rock the one piece with attitude.:smile:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ive never worn one and doubt I ever will. However, if I ever feel like I have a bikini worth body, I might wear it every stinkin' day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!