What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i'm rockin mine right now, and i'm a 16, 193. do i love my body? mehhh its a love hate relationship! lol but i dont wear clothes to make other people happy, so im gonna wear my bikini regardless because i want to!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    ive never wore one, even at my *unhealthy* skinnyest
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Never been in one and doubt I ever will feel that confident to do so. I admire those ladies that have it in them to wear them...YOU GO GIRLS...
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As a size 15/16, I rock a bikini every summer. Yess my belly hangs out and my thighs look like a thanksgiving feasts, but honestly, who cares. When I'm at the beach and it's 35+ degrees (Celsius) I will not be caught dead in anything heavier than a bikini. Also it lets you work on your tan!!

I can't wait to be down to my goal weight (130 lbs) so I can wear a bikini WITHOUT a flabby belly and turkey thighs.

This is awesome!!!! Love it! Love the attitude. You're my new hero.
  • maryatpt
    maryatpt Posts: 21
    Options
    what did you do to get your abs? I've been doing ab work but still nothing
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The last time I wore a bikini I was a size 22/24 I can't tell you how much I weighted back then. But I know I a plus, we lived on a tropical island and it was hot. But I have never been ashamed of my body, I know I am fat that is not a surprise to me if you don't like to look at my body thats fine look away. I am sitting at 308 right now (down 38 pounds since starting MFP) and still not ashamed of my body. I have given birth to two wonderful kids and have a loving husband who loves me no matter what the size. I go to the gym in tights and a tank top, my flabby arms flying everywhere and it doesn't bother me because I am there to do one thing work out and get healthy.

There are so many other things in our life that we worry about and other people judging me don't fit in my world.

I think if you want to wear that bikini wear it and feel confident in it. Because confident women are beautiful women no matter what the size.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    After a 60lb loss & going from a size 12/14 to a size 4, last summer i let my husband talk me into getting a bikini. I had a double whammy:grumble: ...Not only was I self-conscious on showing that much skin, I was even more self-conscious of my "farmer's tan". :laugh: I kept telling myself that the more positve I felt (and stopped fidgeting) the better it would be. By the end of the summer, I was okay. Amazingly now, after working with a personal trainer for 6 months, I am even more self-conscious about wearing one. Go figure!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i hate one pieces, especially since i have a small bladder. i love bikinis, and while i don't have a victoria's secret body, i still wear one now (157) but will be THRILLED to wear one as i get closer to my goal of 135! i'm 5'7".
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    When I was a UK14 that was probably the biggest I'd wear a bikini, my best was a UK10-12
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are so bad, I don't ever think I will wear one. Last time i was seen in a bikini was 5th grade.
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am not confident with my stomach to wear a bikini right now, but I don't think it has to do with any certain size or weight. I have seen girls a lot bigger than me in a bikini and I thought they looked great. Sometimes a bikini looks better than a one piece. I have rocked a bikini in a size 12 and honestly thought I looked pretty dang good. I can't wait to sport a bikini (Big hopes for next year)!!! I do agree with everyone else, it has a lot to do with confidence and what you feel comfortable in!!!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've always felt comfortable in a bikini....even now, and I'm a plumper. I love bikinis!!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'll feel comfortble wearing one once my belly goes all the way down and i get rid of my bra back fat. you know that annoying part right above the bra and near the armpits. i have no other back fat its just that one part that wont go down! i dont like my arms either but other then my stomach and back id be totally comfortable wearing one.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini at my heaviest and when I was a size 18. One piece bathing suits do not look right on me and honestly do they really cover more? Anyway I say to hell with what everyone thinks, it's my body and if you dont like it , dont look. By the way ladies, there is always someone worse and there is always someone that likes the way you look, especially if you are confident!
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    IVE WORN ONE ALL ALONG, IVE GOT BUKOO STRETCH MARKS AND FLABBY SKIN BUT I HATE THE IDEA OF HAVING A FUNKY TAN SO I WORE ONE AT 190SOMETHING AND ILL WORE ONE ON SUNDAY AT 150 :laugh: JUST LIKE OTHERS SAID BEFORE MY REPLY... THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SONEONE YOU SEE OUT THERE AND GO "HEY, IM NOT THAT BAD" :bigsmile:
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    It's such a great question! Our mind is our worst enemy when it comes to this. I am a whopping 126lbs and I still feel horrible and self concious in a bikini. But when I gain weight every winter I look back on this size and think boy I would be so happy to be this size again.
    My goal is to be able to wear a 2 piece and to STOP OBSESSING OVER IT! Ha better written than done! LOL
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    IMO its a whole lot easier to rock a bikini then a one piece. I think most women look better in the 2 piece rather then the 1. JMO tho! I would actually like to be able and look super hot in the 1 piece bc its SO hard to pull that off.. When I can do that I know im doing good..
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I wore a bikini up til I was 130 lbs (size 7). Then I went to a tankini til 148 lbs (size 9?). After having 2 kids within 2 years I started wearing a one piece with a cover-up. I have a long torso, so I prefer tankinis. I hadn't thought about it before this post, but it would be something I may want to do when I reach my UGW of 148 lbs - shop for a fun swimsuit.:blushing:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    At birth....LOL
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I do not feel comfortable even in a tank top in public. LOL I have always been very modest and would never wear a bikini ever.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!