What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Never so far! Tankinis I'll take, as long as I have a cover up option (I mostly get ones that are long enough to look like a one piece anyway!) like a sarong or something
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

And also now at 165. *shrug* Confidence is in your mind, not in the size of your body. I'm sure many people stared at me in horror at 205. So what?

PS: Bikinis are the most comfortable type of bathing suit, hands down, in terms of sheer physical comfort.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It comes down to what is in your head not your body.

I NEVER fell confident in a bikini! Now if I had a time machine, I would go back to when I weighed 135/140 lbs, buy that girl a bikini, and say "WEAR THIS NOW, 'cuz Honey it ain't getting better than this!"
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My ideal is 160 size 9-11 :)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 -- a child's size 14, because the last time I wore a bikini I was 12.

I'm not ready yet to wear one. But wouldn't it be great to wear one by end of summer?
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't feel right on one because I don't have one that fits right. I don't have any idea what size I would need to be to feel confident because I haven't ever been a size I liked as an adult. However, I will wear my ill-fitting bikini because my one-piece is too big and also because I'm tired of having a pale tummy.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I can't stand to where anything but a bikini! Feel like I'm walking around in my wet clothes if I wear anything but. I say who cares! Wear what you feel comfortable in. I was 5'6 and 155lbs size 12 and rockin one. I found one that I felt comfortable in and I got compliments in it even. :) Now size 6 and 136 I feel better but I think I will ALWAYS have something that I'm not 100% confident with my body. lol
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've never been comfortable enough in my own skin to wear a bikini, but I think that I'd be comfortable enough to try once I hit my goal weight (145 lbs)
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Even at my lowest, 127, I still couldn't wear one.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am a very confident person but I also know my flaws. I am not going to run around with flab hanging out of my swimsuit. It's the old saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should". Otherwise we could also say, hey it's ok if you wear your PJ's to the store, who cares what people think. Everybody to some extent cares how other people perceive them.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've never worn one, which in retrospect, is crazy. However, I was built like a grown woman in my teens, and thought I was fat because I had hips, so I didn't wear one then (totally should have). Then in my 20s, I thought I was fat (at a healthy BMI) and didn't wear one. BY GOLLY, when I get to my goal weight, I'm wearing one (stretch marks and all). I may never have washboard abs, but I want to wear and bikini once in my life.

However, I am LOVE LOVE LOVING, my bathing suit. Feel totally sexy in it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gc3ZhfxghVw/Sex89ALA5kI/AAAAAAAADXE/xGi66n3xxKg/s400/swim1.jpg
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    One of my goals was to wear a bikini for the first time ever.. I accomplished that goal this past weekend. Saturday we went to the pool and I wore a strapless tankini and I saw all of these women big and small sporting a bikini and being confident. Sunday we went to the pool again so I busted out my new VS bikni and rocked it! I felt amazing! I still have more work to do but it was an awesome accomplishment. :)
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Being almost 3 months postpartum.. This is this first time in my life I've bought I cover up. I'm kind of ashamed of myself that I'm ashamed of my body... As proud I am of the progress I've made so far, it's my many fresh stretch marks that hold me back.. I'm also a little insecure of the extra weight I still have, but not that much that I wouldn't wear a bikini because of it. I'm hoping that I can get over it. If you want to wear a bikini, go for it and don't worry about what others might think!(which you're probably just imagining they'll think) ..Now I need to practice what I preach lol :)
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Last summer I was 148-145 and my waist measured at 29.5 My bikini was a medium bottom and large top. I felt comfortable standing up but not sitting down because of my tummy roll, so I wore a cover up.

My stomach was flat, but there was no definition.

I think I would feel totally confident with a 27 waist depending on my tummys tone and tightness.
  • gary6531
    gary6531 Posts: 11
    Options
    I`ll never feel THAT confident ;>)
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It comes down to what is in your head not your body.

I NEVER fell confident in a bikini! Now if I had a time machine, I would go back to when I weighed 135/140 lbs, buy that girl a bikini, and say "WEAR THIS NOW, 'cuz Honey it ain't getting better than this!"

HAHA love it!
  • reyna99
    Options
    One of my goals was to wear a bikini for the first time ever.. I accomplished that goal this past weekend. Saturday we went to the pool and I wore a strapless tankini and I saw all of these women big and small sporting a bikini and being confident. Sunday we went to the pool again so I busted out my new VS bikni and rocked it! I felt amazing! I still have more work to do but it was an awesome accomplishment. :)

AWESOME AWESOME!!
    Rock it lady!!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Honestly? This year, actually. When my waist was bigger than 26", I had some belly roll going on especially being a mom. When I finally got to 26", the belly roll was gone and I wasn't self-conscious anymore. Kudos to those who rock their bikini at any weight - that's awesome!!
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini when I was a size 14 but didn't feel that confident. I will probably wear one again at goal so I can rock it with confidence. I've already got a couple "goal" bikini's picked out. I'm keeping my eye on the prize.
  • reyna99
    Options
    Kudos to those who rock their bikini at any weight - that's awesome!!

Agree with this!!

My daughter which is 9 said for me to get the bikini! maybe I'll be shopping saturday for one :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!