ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options

Replies

• quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow. How inspiring! You started at my starting weight..really hope I can shed some poundage like you have!
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    OMG, you made me tear up (sniff, sniff) with walking with the cane. You are my hero for today! You look amazing too!

10777536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    U look fab! best of luck w/ your health!!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I am really happy for you - you are inspiring!
  • eprybs
    eprybs Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Great success story...you got some spunk, gal. Congrats!!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I hope all those who feel frustrated of not being able to start big will read your post and understand that starting small and taking it one day at a time is the way to go! Pushing the limits, sure, but within limits :).
  • adanna30
    adanna30 Posts: 3
    Options
    wow that's awesome
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look AMAZING!! So inspiring!!! Congratulations!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! From partially paralized to running!! And now you look like the younger sister of your "before" pic! Congrats!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, & WOW!!! You look amazing and congrats to you on your success!!!
  • JamieD185
    JamieD185 Posts: 5
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! :):)
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You look much much happier and stronger too. I'd like to add you to my friend list, if you don't mind? I really need some inspiration. I really need some consistancy in my training, as well. Thanks for sharing your success story!
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    You look amazing!! Well done!! :drinker:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

Very inspirational!!! You look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing, keep up the good work!!
  • delgadodelgado1120
    delgadodelgado1120 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look so firm and fit! Congratulations, first of all. Second, have you had any issues with excess skin? I have lost 165 pounds and I am starting to get discouraged cause I have a belly that wont go away. I am not sure at this point if it is still fat or if its skin. I am trying to hard not to have to do surgery (cause im terrified and its expensive). i would love to do this naturally. Was this every an issue for you? I can't imagine it has been with such a tiny frame, but just asking...
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    congrats-- your story is very inspirational!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

you are such an inspiration!!! Congrats on all you've accomplished. You look healthy, fit and happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!