ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go! I can't wait until the rest of my 90 lbs comes off :D
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!!! You look hot!!! Excellent job!
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for posting this. Congratulations!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! fantastic job!
  • carray250
    carray250 Posts: 43
    Options
    you look great! like a totally different person actually.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

this right here is what i call inspiration! absolutely wonderful! such a strong woman!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congrats on your new 'you' and your dedication/motivation!
  • weightloss06
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats on the new you!!!!!
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    You look fantastic and are an inspiration - way to go!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! keep up the great work! :smile:
  • areemeyer
    areemeyer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Way to go! I am 20 years older than you, but it is funny how much our looks are the same. I have the same goal weight and the same height. You are such an inspiration, congrats on your success and keep it up.
  • BrenBringman
    Options
    OMG!! SO sorry that happened to you, but maybe it was a miracle in disquise! I have about as much as you did to lose. My question is how did you tighten up? I'm walking a lot now...losing at a pretty good pace and hoping in a few weeks to start some kind of strength training...but not sure what to do. If you could give me some pointers? Thank you for posting! I have found another inspirational person! <3
    Bren
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a change! That is great dedication, and very inspiring. Especially good, too, that you are getting your health protected. Well done!
  • cyntm713
    cyntm713 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You have really inspired me. I had surgery on my back, decompression of the nerve. Not quite as serious as yours and I'm not at the running stage yet,, but with your inspiration I know there's hope. So I will keep plugging at my brisk walking until I make it to the jog. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • flufftofab
    flufftofab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing inspiration! My husband also has a spinal cord injury, 2 years post op. He was not paralyzed however has had serious symptoms that have yet to fade, or get better. I am so inspired by you! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Very inspirational, love reading stories and seeing pics like this :D
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    great job. keep up the good work
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration.Well done on all your hard work and effort.
    Fantastic result especially after your medical trauma
  • atasha82
    atasha82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    U look absolutely amazing keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!